Bama Postgame

bishoptf

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

More heartbroken than angry.  We had no business even being in position to win that game.  I don't think a single player on our team would start for them.  If there's one or two that's the max.  We outplayed them most of the way.  Critical mistakes at critical moments though.  Just rips your guts out.

This explains my feelings so well. Out of likes, so take my response as your trophy. I truly feel bad for these players. 

• Like 1

Go watch the post game press conference CHF said he liked the play call with the rushing 2 men...so say whatever you want about Roberts, HF thought it was the right call. CHF plays not to lose vs plays to win...seen that all year....

Just now, bishoptf said:

Go watch the post game press conference CHF said he liked the play call with the rushing 2 men...so say whatever you want about Roberts, HF thought it was the right call. CHF plays not to lose vs plays to win...seen that all year....

Yep. Saw it under Gus as well. Scared ball is losing ball. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

100%. So many problems this year have landed squarely at the coaches’ feet. They should answer for them. 

Guy, WE HAVE NO HORSES TO BE RACING WITH. There’s not a coaching staff in all of college football that can overcome our lack of talent. The guys fought hard, played well…right up to the point where the outcome was on the line. Couldn’t finish. Refused to take the game. Don’t know how to win. Time to load up on those who can.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I watch jets fly over my house, but I ain’t no pilot…jes sayin’

Also if u been watching Milroe throughout the year is a better deep ball thrower than intermediate 

This proves to me this team clearly overlooked NMSU. A lot of mishaps and boneheaded players by players and coaches. It is what it is. Hopefully that was enough strong atmosphere for the recruits. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bishoptf said:

No, he’s playing big boy football with little boys. Give it a couple of years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Guy, WE HAVE NO HORSES TO BE RACING WITH. There’s not a coaching staff in all of college football that can overcome our lack of talent. The guys fought hard, played well…right up to the point where the outcome was on the line. Couldn’t finish. Refused to take the game. Don’t know how to win. Time to load up on those who can.

Why do the horses not want to come here?

I didn't hate the defensive play call at the end either.  Blanket the end zone with 8 DBs playing zone and make Milroe make a 30 yard throw into a mesh of coverage.  He threw a prayer up to the corner when the guy wasn't even open.  He was just hoping maybe he'd win a jump ball and our guy didn't do his job.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 2

4 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Milroe wasn't gonna run it in from the 31, so there was no reason not to pressure him.  Just a dumb defensive play call.

You want him to at least scramble and hurry his throw. It's insane to give him all night to stand there and wait until a receiver can run around and get open. Dumb is not a strong enough word to describe that play call.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Why do the horses not want to come here?

You have to go get em. Gus nor  Harsin achieved that.

Edited by Swamp Eagle

I just wish our players were also coached for IQ smart football. There was also time to instruct the DBs if you feel like your lost, grab the WR. It is not a spot foul. Just live to play another down. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I didn't hate the defensive play call at the end either.  Blanket the end zone with 8 DBs playing zone and make Milroe make a 30 yard throw into a mesh of coverage.  He threw a prayer up to the corner when the guy wasn't even open.  He was just hoping maybe he'd win a jump ball and our guy didn't do his job.

Or maybe the guy he threw it to did his job. 

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

You have to go get em. Gus not  Harsin achieved that.

Again there still have to be some coaching involved. Otherwise Jimbo would still be employed . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dan-0 said:

You want him to at least scramble and hurry his throw. It's insane to give him all night to stand there and wait until a receiver can run around and get open. Dumb is not a strong enough word to describe that play call.

Great defense overall.  Horrendous decision not to force a run a the last play. 

I didn’t like the call because I don’t like given Milroe so much time to scan the field and set and throw but I agree with you otherwise. Simple lack of execution on the given play call. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

Bad hire... anyone that won't admit the abject stupidity of that decision is too damn dumb to coach football.

Edited by TitanTiger
don't use that term
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Hank2020 said:

That’s my point for that amount of time the qb and wr are more of an advantage than the db. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I hated the call, he had shown over and over during the game that if you give him enough time he makes the pass. I'd much rather see you pressure the QB and make him run and make a great throw...playing to not lose vs being aggressive and playing to win, passive football, meh just meh.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

Maybe.  It helped that our guy turned his back on the QB.  One of the main points of zone defense is that you are facing the QB and both see the ball coming and see if the QB takes off to run.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, e808 said:

Again there still have to be some coaching involved. Otherwise Jimbo would still be employed . 

Try making chicken salad with chicken s***. 

It hurts worse because we had them beat.  Even after the decision to put in a guy with 3 receptions for 24 yards to field the punt in the crucial last minutes of the biggest game of the year, at Jordan Hare. Even after the muff, we had them beat.   Our boys played a great game and the coaches for the most part, called a great game.  What an unbelievable collapse.  Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.  Epic collapse. 

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Maybe.  It helped that our guy turned his back on the QB.  One of the main points of zone defense is that you are facing the QB and both see the ball coming and see if the QB takes off to run.

For God’s sake, please stop making sense!

8 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

Then we can all look forward to more games such as this for who-knows-how-many seasons until we eventually fire him.