JMR

In the Georgia game, our DC let Brock Bowers run wild and that's why we lost.

Tonight, a our DC ordered a 2-man rush on the most important play of the game, and that's why we lost.

Now we have to play both Georgia and Alabama on the road next year.

• Like 3
  • Angry 1

Coaching got us to 5 min in the 4th quarter!  Then it all went to hell with the punt return by having the wrong player in the game?  Was our regular returner hurt?

Dammit, we deserve answers from CHF.

Why was the wrong punt returner in the game?

Why did we not rush Milroe on 4th and goal from the 31?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

In the Georgia game, our DC let Brock Bowers run wild and that's why we lost.

Tonight, a our DC ordered a 2-man rush on the most important play of the game, and that's why we lost.

Now we have to play both Georgia and Alabama on the road next year.

Our DC is the best assistant on the staff.  Like him or not, it is a fact.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 2

Just now, AU9377 said:

Then his standard deviation from "good" is completely unacceptable.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, JMR said:

We are gonna talk about “who decided to be back to field the punt”?  Really?  Is ANYONE in charge?  You would think so! You would be mistaken. 

Worst decision of the game. The punt return personnel. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Not saying much.

• Like 3

Life can be so cruel sometimes.  The debacle of 2021; now the debacle of 2023.

On top of that, all my family are Alabama fans. And I get to see them all at church tomorrow.  They are the kind that likes to rub it in.

• Sad 2

First, I do give credit to Freeze for having the team ready to play. This is a game where the talent gap excuse is relevant. I predicted the team would play well and it would be close for a while, but I didn't think we'd have a chance to win at the end. 

But I agree with the OP that having Koy back there is baffling. And Freeze didn't know who was back there until he was told at the press conference. That's wild to me. 

And why did he insist on putting Ashford in the game? It never worked. What hold does Ashford have over Freeze? Luckily, Thorne made up for Ashford losing a bunch of yards on a key drive. With one of many many big runs Thorne has had all season. Has Freeze watched any of those plays?

• Like 7

1 minute ago, WillMunny said:

On top of that, all my family are Alabama fans. And I get to see them all at church tomorrow.  They are the kind that likes to rub it in.

Congratulate them on beating Auburn's least talented team in decades on a Hail Mary. Congratulate Saban on winning his final game in JHS.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cbo said:

First, I do give credit to Freeze for having the team ready to play. This is a game where the talent gap excuse is relevant. I predicted the team would play well and it would be close for a while, but I didn't think we'd have a chance to win at the end. 

But I agree with the OP that having Koy back there is baffling. And Freeze didn't know who was back there until he was told at the press conference. That's wild to me. 

And why did he insist on putting Ashford in the game? It never worked. What hold does Ashford have over Freeze? Luckily, Thorne made up for Ashford losing a bunch of yards on a key drive. With one of many many big runs Thorne has had all season. Has Freeze watched any of those plays?

Yup. Why is Ashford in the game?? The post game solidarity hugging of Milroe was telling 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JMR said:

We are gonna talk about “who decided to be back to field the punt”?  Really?  Is ANYONE in charge?  You would think so! You would be mistaken. 

Can you be specific about the horrible coaching decisions? Does the HC normally know if the back-up PR goes into the game? I have no idea how much gets discussed over the headphones. I certainly would have rather have Scott to return the punt, but I figured there must be a good reason. I absolutely don't understand Ashford being in the game. I will never understand why offensive coaches love "cute" plays like putting the RB at QB to hand of to a QB playing RB. Still I don't know enough about coaching to understand what all coaching decisions were horrible.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JMR said:

By Alabama? They should have mopped the floor with us. The team with best players on offense won. 

2 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Yup. Why is Ashford in the game?? The post game solidarity hugging of Milroe was telling 

I don't care who he hugs after the game. That's fine. 

I care that the first time he went in we had to burn a time out to get the next play off. And that his next carry lost 7 yards. 

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Easy. Skip church this week. Watch it online. Done. I wouldn’t put myself through it. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, cbo said:

Like what you said but I do not find that so wild given pace of game. He did offer a reasonable response.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cbo said:

I don't care who he hugs after the game. That's fine. 

I care that the first time he went in we had to burn a time out to get the next play off. And that his next carry lost 7 yards. 

I’m saying… There is as much off the field negatives as on the field for Ashford 

19 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

They there to worship the creator of the universe, or talk about some game no one will care about in heaven or hell?

Edited by AUApostle