JMR

4 hours ago, JMR said:

We are gonna talk about “who decided to be back to field the punt”?  Really?  Is ANYONE in charge?  You would think so! You would be mistaken. 

Man I was hoping that you would be able to have a 'Things I Think I Saw (AU vs Bama)' for this one. Those two plays will live in Auburn infamy. He did not need to field that punt and a 4 man rush to keep them from getting 30+ yards will be discussed in perpetuity. I can at least feel that it was a recruiting win for what that's worth. I still predict that 2 years from today we'll be playing to get into the playoffs. Hope you are able to come around here more often. Your analysis is always informative!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JMR said:

We are gonna talk about “who decided to be back to field the punt”?  Really?  Is ANYONE in charge?  You would think so! You would be mistaken. 

Now that we know Scott was hurt, do you want to revise your statement?  Moore was the returner for about half the season and I believe even came in for Scott when he muffed a punt early in the season.  Should have been able to handle the moment just fine.

At any rate, no matter who is back there at that point in the game I probably tell the returner to let it bounce and get away from it.

Edited by AUApostle
  • Like 4

Not mad at the decision to catch the point personally.... But you gotta catch the damn thing. If he does the initial task at hand we aren't even talking about alternative scenarios. 

Was there some traffic around him when he was trying to catch it? For sure, but not anything out of the ordinary other than the fact he fell or slipped as he tried to make the catch. Not sure if he slipped due to turf or just was not tracking the ball very well and at the last second tried to re-adjust and it was too late. 

Any way you slice it, Freeze not knowing who was out there to field a punt is unacceptable. 

And he signed off on that last defensive play. 

For the love of God, stop absolving him of any blame.

• Like 1

• JMR changed the title to **

These are just some things that the lack of talent had nothing to do with 

Switching Robby in when the offense is rolling

Play a hurt JH when Alston was rolling

2 man pass rush when u already got burned earlier in the game with a three man front

3 and 20 u don’t try to get any significant yardage to allow for a field goal attempt

lastly pretty sure Koy wasn’t involved in the game at all prior to the muff. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bishoptf said:

I dunno, Kirby has laid eggs before, they are not that talented either. I just wanted us to beat them to take them out of the playoff contention, they beat UGA and they are back in the playoffs, yet again...like groundhog day all over again...just like the energizer bunny, they just keep going and going and now UGA is doing the same, pretty dang demoralizing...

I could this year going just like 2021 for Alabama and UGA. In 2021, Bama lost to Texas A&M. They got tough games that year from LSU and Arkansas. Then they came to Jordan Hare when we were on a losing streak. We had them beat all game but Bryce Young willed them to a victory in 4 overtimes which won him the Heisman. Then they blew out an undefeated Georgia by 3 TD's in the SECCG and both schools got into the playoffs with 1 loss. Then both met for the Natty and Georgia throttled Bama to win the Natty. 

Now Bama has a loss to Texas, then they struggled with USF and Arkansas and then pulled out the Iron Bowl at the end again. Now they face an undefeated UGA for the SEC title. I could see Bama barely winning over UGA and somehow, the committee will put in both teams because Bama will have a good loss to Texas and are SEC champs. Then Georgia will have 1 loss to Bama after 2 National titles and a 30 game winning streak. The SEC usually gets their way and this season is mirroring 2021 in many ways.

5 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I could this year going just like 2021 for Alabama and UGA. In 2021, Bama lost to Texas A&M. They got tough games that year from LSU and Arkansas. Then they came to Jordan Hare when we were on a losing streak. We had them beat all game but Bryce Young willed them to a victory in 4 overtimes which won him the Heisman. Then they blew out an undefeated Georgia by 3 TD's in the SECCG and both schools got into the playoffs with 1 loss. Then both met for the Natty and Georgia throttled Bama to win the Natty. 

Now Bama has a loss to Texas, then they struggled with USF and Arkansas and then pulled out the Iron Bowl at the end again. Now they face an undefeated UGA for the SEC title. I could see Bama barely winning over UGA and somehow, the committee will put in both teams because Bama will have a good loss to Texas and are SEC champs. Then Georgia will have 1 loss to Bama after 2 National titles and a 30 game winning streak. The SEC usually gets their way and this season is mirroring 2021 in many ways.

I think it's different this go round.  Still a chance to have 2 undefeated teams assuming bama beats GA. In that scenario,  I don't think the SEC gets 2 in. I'm not sure they even get in w a win over Ga

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

I think it's different this go round.  Still a chance to have 2 undefeated teams assuming bama beats GA. In that scenario,  I don't think the SEC gets 2 in. I'm not sure they even get in w a win over Ga

Gonna be interesting to see how far Oh St drops

40 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Gonna be interesting to see how far Oh St drops

I saw somebody post a scenario on social media that would be wild but is very unlikely to happen. It said Bama beats UGA. Texas beats Okie State. Iowa beats Michigan. Oregon beats Washington. Louisville beats Florida State.

That would leave Bama, UGA, Texas, Oregon, Washington, Florida State, Michigan and Ohio State all with 1 loss. 

There's head to heads between a few of those teams on that list but it would still be interesting. It won't ever happen though.

Apart from the obvious plays- the muff and 4th and 31, the other play that truly stands out is our 2nd down play inside the 10 yard line. It’s the one where Thorne threw to the back of the end zone and the WR let it go through his hands. To me, that was as big of a deal. We catch that, now we’re discussing whether to go for 2 and make it a 9 point game with 6 minutes to play, or kick the PAT and make it an 8 point game. 

When we settled for the fg, I texted my buddy and said- “I’ve seen this movie before. 27-24. Don’t know how, but book it.” 

Very proud of the way the guys fought last night. There were mistakes made by the coaches and players last night. Once we get better players, do they make the same mistakes? Once we get better players, do the coaches? 

9 minutes ago, placekicker said:

Apart from the obvious plays- the muff and 4th and 31, the other play that truly stands out is our 2nd down play inside the 10 yard line. It’s the one where Thorne threw to the back of the end zone and the WR let it go through his hands. To me, that was as big of a deal. We catch that, now we’re discussing whether to go for 2 and make it a 9 point game with 6 minutes to play, or kick the PAT and make it an 8 point game. 

When we settled for the fg, I texted my buddy and said- “I’ve seen this movie before. 27-24. Don’t know how, but book it.” 

Very proud of the way the guys fought last night. There were mistakes made by the coaches and players last night. Once we get better players, do they make the same mistakes? Once we get better players, do the coaches? 

Yep. The last play is always the most scrutinized, but there are a handful of plays during the game that can determine the outcome. Fairweather drop, our busted coverage on their 1st TD throw come to mind. Elite players make plays 

13 hours ago, Grumps said:

Congratulate them on beating Auburn's least talented team in decades on a Hail Mary. Congratulate Saban on winning his final game in JHS.

Alabama now has their own Prayer at Jordan Hare. 😭

13 hours ago, cbo said:

First, I do give credit to Freeze for having the team ready to play. This is a game where the talent gap excuse is relevant. I predicted the team would play well and it would be close for a while, but I didn't think we'd have a chance to win at the end. 

But I agree with the OP that having Koy back there is baffling. And Freeze didn't know who was back there until he was told at the press conference. That's wild to me. 

And why did he insist on putting Ashford in the game? It never worked. What hold does Ashford have over Freeze? Luckily, Thorne made up for Ashford losing a bunch of yards on a key drive. With one of many many big runs Thorne has had all season. Has Freeze watched any of those plays?

He probably didn't realize Robby went into the game... 🙄

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

U know somepin we don't know on Saban?

No? Just the similarities...30 some odd seconds left and a Hail Mary pass to seal the win. I just think this will create as much lore, and I hate it. 

2 minutes ago, WarrrEagleHey said:

No? Just the similarities...30 some odd seconds left and a Hail Mary pass to seal the win. I just think this will create as much lore, and I hate it. 

Sorry , I meant to  quote the guy who said it was Sabans last game at JHS

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Sorry , I meant to  quote the guy who said it was Sabans last game at JHS

I know that if Auburn fans congratulate UAT fans on Saban's final game in Jordan-Hare then when they finally realize what you said (it may take a while) they will use a few brain cells to worry about their future without Saban instead of using all of their limited brain cells on being arrogant aholes. And they won't know that you are not being as kind as you sound.

Edited by Grumps

9 minutes ago, Grumps said:

I know that if Auburn fans congratulate UAT fans on Saban's final game in Jordan-Hare then when they finally realize what you said (it may take a while) they will use a few brain cells to worry about their future without Saban instead of using all of their limited brain cells on being arrogant aholes. And they won't know that you are not being as kind as you sound.

Oh. Ok Lol

3 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I guess in my selfish way since we are not going to be in the hunt I didnt want either one of them in the playoffs...I know I am supposed to cheer for an SEC team but I pretty much can't stand either team. What I wanted was for AU to beat bama and then bama beat thuga, in my twisted mind the hope was that neither would make the playoff. Bama would have 2 losses and uga would have one and hoping it would have been enough to keep them out, maybe not but what I was hoping for. What I was asking for Christmas but looks like I will get a lump of coal once again...:)

Edited by bishoptf
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I agree Bama won’t play like this next week. UGA has issues with mobile QBs and Milroe gonna give them issues

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I saw somebody post a scenario on social media that would be wild but is very unlikely to happen. It said Bama beats UGA. Texas beats Okie State. Iowa beats Michigan. Oregon beats Washington. Louisville beats Florida State.

That would leave Bama, UGA, Texas, Oregon, Washington, Florida State, Michigan and Ohio State all with 1 loss. 

There's head to heads between a few of those teams on that list but it would still be interesting. It won't ever happen though.

I've seen Bama back into either the old BCS or the playoffs with some crazy luck a few times. However, Michigan will beat Iowa - they are in. Florida St will crush Louisville - they are in. Texas, who beat Bama, will beat OK St - they are in. And the winner of Oregon - Washington is in. I think even if Bama beats Georgia they are #5 looking in. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wareagle7298 said:

I've seen Bama back into either the old BCS or the playoffs with some crazy luck a few times. However, Michigan will beat Iowa - they are in. Florida St will crush Louisville - they are in. Texas, who beat Bama, will beat OK St - they are in. And the winner of Oregon - Washington is in. I think even if Bama beats Georgia they are #5 looking in. 

So you've got Michigan, Florida State, Texas and PAC12 champ as your 4 playoff teams? You don't have Georgia getting in?