Koy Moore forced off social media due to fan hate

aubiefifty

On 11/27/2023 at 10:26 AM, aubiefifty said:
panhandlebama iconAlabama.png
Alabama Fan
Member since Oct 2021
1205 posts

A few nuggets from aufamily.com. Auburn fans are broken LOL

this is why i hate negative stuff. aufam gets called out on another site .one year al.com did an article on aufam and our meltdown. we give our enemies too mych ammo guys........

You could have went to any auburn site that exists post-game and seen a meltdown. Later in the same topic you're referencing, some bama fan says AUFAM will ban anyone who says anything bad about the team (wholly untrue), so misconceptions abound. I dont care what the turds think.

As for Koy, I wish him a reprieve. And to those who think Auburn fans wouldn't do this, take off the O&B glasses.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Do you feel the same about someone that plays for the Dallas Cowboys, Saints, Falcons etc?  Are they immune from criticism?  My point is that we are allowing college sports to move toward the pro model.  I believe that will be destructive to college sports and harm more student athletes than it helps.  This is a symptom of the culture that paying players will create over time.

I don’t see a problem criticizing NFL players for unwelcoming behaviors (feel like getting paid should bring along some behavioral aspects) that NFL teams also have built into their behavior models.  I don’t think getting paid should allow people to go on social media directly attacking players for their poor play ( what we are talking about here).  In the example of CFB players, not all are paid (if you don’t count what they get via schollys), so do not support a right to do that.

2 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Do you feel the same about someone that plays for the Dallas Cowboys, Saints, Falcons etc?  Are they immune from criticism?  My point is that we are allowing college sports to move toward the pro model.  I believe that will be destructive to college sports and harm more student athletes than it helps.  This is a symptom of the culture that paying players will create over time.

Years ago after Marcus lattimore (USCe) had a catastrophic knee injury in his final year - would have been a first round pick, which cost him millions - I became a believer in playing players in some fashion. Imo It’s fair and the right thing to do. However, it did/does have consequences and does strip away amateur innocence. Kids are now seen as mercenaries by some and therefore fair game. Especially manic fringe fans. 

Hopefully AU fans can stay above the fringe because it is what should define us and provides a great recruiting story.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say it was <10 people making comments that were that mean towards him. Most of them were probably Auburn fans that got drunk after the awful outcome (not excusing the behavior, just explaining it). But I bet 1-2 were rival fans trying to amp up how ridiculous we looked. All it takes is 1-2 jerks for someone to feel attacked like that. 

• Like 2

FANS=Fanatics

I doesn't shock me, but I don't think a majority of Auburn Family would approve of these actions against Koy.

• Like 2

Bammers and Dawgs are by far the worst at this nonsense. To have a Bammer try and call out Auburn fans is hilarious. I've seen it all my life. Heck, I was at an extended family gathering during the Bama/USF game at the start of the season. The vitriol they were slinging at the coaches, players and even Saban at the time was astounding...if I hadn't already seen that movie for dozens of years prior.  The entitled masses have forgotten those lean years. They can't fully appreciate anything anymore. They have nieces, nephews and even grandchildren that are the same ages as the players, but that doesn't matter. 

That is unfortunately the game. I wish it wasn’t like that, but he certainly is the first Auburn player that at least one Auburn fan hasn’t bad mouthed, and probably won’t be the last. Obviously, the majority of Auburn fans aren’t saying anything crazy to the guy, the same way that the majority of fans don’t say anything crazy to a player when these situations arise.

As for the whole Auburn family thing, all relevant SEC football programs have fanbases that are more similar than not, if we’re being candid 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

This will be amplified with every fan base in the coming years due to, among other things, NIL.  People aren't going to treat players like kids that make mistakes when many are being paid more than the average fan makes working.  We all want it both ways, but that isn't realistic.  I don't get the satisfaction that comes with attacking someone over something like this, but that is part of the poison of social media.

Agreed 100%!

I guarantee you On to Victory can dish out $5,000 each to Koy & DJ for some Christmas spending $$ and they'll be just fine.  I don't understand all the hoopla over a player stepping back from social media for a while. :dunno:

It’s sad things like this happen. And it often comes from people who never played and competed in a team sport. 

Every AU player last Saturday (and UA too) wanted to do their best. But, as in life, mistakes happen. Many, in the course of a game, aren’t glaring ones or even noticed. 

Hold your head high Koy! And WDE! 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2023 at 10:18 AM, WFE12 said:

Interesting because Scott was back in coverage on the last 6 plays of bammer's final drive after sitting out the first 4 plays following the muffed punt.

So the shoulder was so bad, he couldn't field a punt, but could play 6+ plays after sitting out 4.

• Like 1

That’s social media for you. Yes our fans are just as bad as Bama and UGA. We just haven’t entered the realm of entitlement because we haven’t had any consistent success yet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Interesting because Scott was back in coverage on the last 6 plays of bammer's final drive after sitting out the first 4 plays following the muffed punt.

So the shoulder was so bad, he couldn't field a punt, but could play 6+ plays after sitting out 4.

A player takes a little time to shake off an injury and sucks it up and goes back in for his team and there's something wrong with that? Not trying to be a smart butt. Just trying to understand your point.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JuscAUse! said:

A player takes a little time to shake off an injury and sucks it up and goes back in for his team and there's something wrong with that? Not trying to be a smart butt. Just trying to understand your point.

Fielding that punt was the most crucial play in the last 5 mins of the game. Absolutely essential to have Scott field it or let it go.

I recall Quindarius Carr muffing a punt that almost thwarted the Camback. Cost the team the only 3 points they gave up in the 2nd half. Could have been the game.

I don’t blame either player for what happened. It’s the ST coach or HC that has to make that call on if it gets fielded or not. If Scott was around 98-99% at that moment, (which he only took 4 plays off, so it sounds like he was) he should have gone in to field it. Again, the ST or HC needs to then dictate what happens next.

One can say, you have to trust the next man up. Sure, in most cases, next man up, but not fielding the most crucial punt of the game. It almost cost us 2010. It bit us this time. 

27 minutes ago, Viper said:

Fielding that punt was the most crucial play in the last 5 mins of the game. Absolutely essential to have Scott field it or let it go.

I recall Quindarius Carr muffing a punt that almost thwarted the Camback. Cost the team the only 3 points they gave up in the 2nd half. Could have been the game.

I don’t blame either player for what happened. It’s the ST coach or HC that has to make that call on if it gets fielded or not. If Scott was around 98-99% at that moment, (which he only took 4 plays off, so it sounds like he was) he should have gone in to field it. Again, the ST or HC needs to then dictate what happens next.

One can say, you have to trust the next man up. Sure, in most cases, next man up, but not fielding the most crucial punt of the game. It almost cost us 2010. It bit us this time. 

I thought that Scott had made the decision. I may be wrong. I'll check again.

Scott made the decision because he heard ringing in his ear. He was banged up and didn’t want to go out there and do what Koy Moore did. He made the right call. The problem is that we didn’t have anyone better than Koy Moore as our backup punt returner. 

I personally would have put Javarrius Johnson out there to fair catch the ball. I hope Koy Moore never sees the field again in an Auburn uniform. 

10 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Years ago after Marcus lattimore (USCe) had a catastrophic knee injury in his final year - would have been a first round pick, which cost him millions - I became a believer in playing players in some fashion. Imo It’s fair and the right thing to do. However, it did/does have consequences and does strip away amateur innocence. Kids are now seen as mercenaries by some and therefore fair game. Especially manic fringe fans. 

Hopefully AU fans can stay above the fringe because it is what should define us and provides a great recruiting story.

I'm not against a compensation plan of some kind.  What I believe is a disaster in the long term is the fictional NIL structure.  I believe what needs to be done, in order to preserve collegiate sports, is Congressional action to provide an antitrust exemption for college athletics.  Some type of reasonable plan can then be hammered out that fairly compensates players, while also preventing that compensation from becoming some type of bidding war during player recruitment. 

Failing to do that will lead to resources being exhausted in years to come and the cutting of some scholarship non revenue programs from campuses.  The amount of NIL money spent recruiting and retaining players is bordering on the obscene.  Unfortunately, much of our society could not care less about the future impact and until those consequences are impossible to avoid, are happy with the status quo.

• Thanks 1

As Auburn Alumni and Fans, we have to always strive to be better. We all need to call out people who act ridiculous. No excuses like saying "every fan base does this," or it's "bammers" or whatever. It's unacceptable and we all need to police it and make it unacceptable to do this and be an AU fan.

I wasn't at the game, but I sure hope someone started the chant "It's great to be an Auburn Tiger" as the fans were walking out of the stadium. That's the way to act when something like this happens.

I'll just leave this here, live your life by it or change Universities!

THE AUBURN CREED
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.

I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully.

I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men.

I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities.

I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all.

I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all.

I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

And because Auburn men and women believe in these things, I believe in Auburn and love it.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, gabo4au said:

wasn't at the game, but I sure hope someone started the chant "It's great to be an Auburn Tiger" as the fans were walking out of the stadium.

I was there, and as great as that would have been, we were all (fans/coaches/players) too emotionally drained and stunned to do it. They left everything out on the field. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

I was there, and as great as that would have been, we were all (fans/coaches/players) too emotionally drained and stunned to do it. They left everything out on the field. 

That's too bad. As a kid growing up, one of my first games at Jordan-Hare. I don't remember the game, but AU lost a close one. On the way out of the stadium everyone started chanting "it's great to be an Auburn Tiger."

Till this day, that is very high on the list of most awesome things I've ever witnessed at a sporting event! Imagine fans, at the lowest point, rallying around the team, the players, the school to voice how awesome it is to be a part of Auburn.

I could easily see a recruit, even today with all the social media, saying that it was different and even gave them goosebumps.

As fans, we need to make this a big time tradition at AU. We need cell phone video of this at every loss! To be posted across every social media platform. For Football, Basketball, Baseball, and every other sport. If people on this board want to make a difference, make it a point to build this as tradition.

Edited by gabo4au
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Viper said:

I'm with ya on all but - the 4 plays off was likely not needed.   A stinger on the shoulder can numb your arm for 10 minutes.  Then you are fine.  Not knowing the extent of an  injury and suspecting a fracture or tendon / cartilage damage is a reason for a kid to get checked out before putting him on the field.  Shoulder vs neck injuries can be hard to pinpoint quickly.  Hind sight is 20/20.

On 11/27/2023 at 3:22 PM, clwn said:

Crap happens. They shouldn't be bothering a college kid like that. The real target should be the coaches and the stupid decisions they make, like why have anyone back there to begin with at that time? Too much risk. Just let them punt it wherever. Then deal with running out the clock. But whatever.

Coach Freeze talked about the muffed punt during his presser on monday. It's posted here on the main page. I can't remember the exact time stamp during the video but he said the reason they wanted the punt to be fielded was because they didn't want to be pinned back deep plus Alabama had 2 timeouts left which would've made it really hard to run clock. 

I admit, I've been down on Coach Freeze since the NMSU loss but his presser monday was the best I've seen since he arrived here. He goes through the entire decision on why they were in the defensive scheme they were in on 4th and 31. It's a good watch if you haven't seen it already. He had an answer for every single question asked regarding the Iron Bowl, the portal, the upcoming bowl practices, etc. 

I'm not saying I completely agree with everything that was done during the Iron Bowl from the coaching side but Hugh does make some good points during the presser. 

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Coach Freeze talked about the muffed punt during his presser on monday. It's posted here on the main page. I can't remember the exact time stamp during the video but he said the reason they wanted the punt to be fielded was because they didn't want to be pinned back deep plus Alabama had 2 timeouts left which would've made it really hard to run clock. 

I admit, I've been down on Coach Freeze since the NMSU loss but his presser monday was the best I've seen since he arrived here. He goes through the entire decision on why they were in the defensive scheme they were in on 4th and 31. It's a good watch if you haven't seen it already. He had an answer for every single question asked regarding the Iron Bowl, the portal, the upcoming bowl practices, etc. 

I'm not saying I completely agree with everything that was done during the Iron Bowl from the coaching side but Hugh does make some good points during the presser. 

pinned back and WITH the ball is better imo than trotting out a cold punt returner and its risks, as we all witnessed.   hindsight is always 50/50

7 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

pinned back and WITH the ball is better imo than trotting out a cold punt returner and its risks, as we all witnessed.   hindsight is always 50/50

He kept taking up for Koy, which I totally expect him to, but he mentioned a couple times that Koy has done a really good job for us this year on punt returns when Scott was injured during the season. Hasn't Koy already muffed a couple punts this year? Maybe I'm thinking of something else but it seems he has.