Koy Moore forced off social media due to fan hate

aubiefifty

6 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

We are talking about what is correct behavior, always will have incorrect behaviors but the rest of us should call it out.

Call it out as much as you want, but the folks doing it aren't going to be here listening to you. Every fan base has idiots. Heck, we had fans at the game booing the Bama band. WTH does that accomplish? 

17 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

The vast majority of our fans behaved extremely well. It was a heartbreaking loss one week after a terrible loss at home. A few idiots do not define a fan base. I could say the same for the Bama fans at the game. Granted, they were silenced most of the time due to the way Auburn played, but all in all, the majority were very well behaved and gracious. It was a very exciting game, riddled with extraordinarily bad officiating for both sides. Both teams made great plays and bonehead mistakes. Auburn just made one play less. It's what this game is. The best rivalry in the country.

Great point. 

Btw side note. My son goes to uga (yes it’s painful) and their fans are a little stressed because they’re favored by less than a touchdown over bama. Being a uga fan is a damn cushy gig.  And it’s also sort of an entitled yawner. 

My point is being an AU fan is a choice and it’s friggin hard. The highs are much higher and the lows are way way lower.  Imo there are better days ahead, but if you can’t handle the ride - get off before AU kills you😎

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Respectfully, hardly any of our players grew up as au fans.  And most are kids with the attention span of a chipmunk. Its a game to them and maybe a way to the league. Sure they want to win but it’s … different. They absolutely do not think or prioritize the way most on this forum do. Not even close. 

Good stuff. They don’t celebrate a win as long as fans nor ponder a defeat very long. Unlike fans they have not been passionate for their school team 10 or 50 years. 

Crap happens. They shouldn't be bothering a college kid like that. The real target should be the coaches and the stupid decisions they make, like why have anyone back there to begin with at that time? Too much risk. Just let them punt it wherever. Then deal with running out the clock. But whatever.

Edited by clwn

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:
panhandlebama iconAlabama.png
Alabama Fan
Member since Oct 2021
1205 posts

A few nuggets from aufamily.com. Auburn fans are broken LOL

this is why i hate negative stuff. aufam gets called out on another site .one year al.com did an article on aufam and our meltdown. we give our enemies too mych ammo guys........

The Rant is a dumpster fire.  😂

9 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

So much for family. right?

Maybe some did, and the other 99.9% felt more awful for the young man than they did about losing the game. It's just that social media is custom made for @**holes.

Every family has an @**hole, and if you think yours doesn't, guess what......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, clwn said:

Crap happens. Shouldn't be bothering a college kid like that. The real target should be the coaches and the stupid decisions they make, like why have anyone back there to begin with at that time? Too much risk. Just let them punt it wherever. Then deal with running out the clock. But whatever.

What???????

DJ played a stellar game so it’s a shame he gave up the last play. Without him Bama would have continued other drives  possibly leading to other scores. I was 25’ from that corner of the end zone and DJ got pushed off. He has taken plenty of undeserved criticism. 

Some are hating on Roberts for not putting more pressure on Monroe on 4th down. I agree, but Roberts play calling helped keep us in the game with the lead to that point. 

The punt muff was huge, but Koy did what his coaches asked him to do. I hope folks will lay off him. 

One thing I saw for the first time was Auburn fans pummeling the refs with water bottles as they ran for cover under the protection of a few state troopers. That is NOT Auburn like but I UNDERSTAND after that performance. They missed calls on both teams but many favoring Bama looked deliberate to me. Winning would have been nice but a 7 win season with one of those wins being over Bama is still a suck season  

As far as Bama fans behaving themselves in the stands goes, that was only because they were concerned about losing the game. Their post celebration around campus in many locations (especially by the RV area) was as classless as you would expect. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gman87 said:

Maybe some did, and the other 99.9% felt more awful for the young man than they did about losing the game. It's just that social media is custom made for @**holes.

well do not hold us in suspense tell us the whole story there fella. i am pretty sure i just told you about our own and you need to remind me?ok there fella i know it is an ugly topic.

2 hours ago, aubaseball said:

What???????

we had kids out of position in the end zone. one receiver had three defenders and i am not sure that is on roberts.

I feel terrible for Koy and DJ and I’m confident that an overwhelming majority of AU fans do too. It’s a frickin game, and people who denigrate, tear down, and attack someone over it need help. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

The vast majority of our fans behaved extremely well. It was a heartbreaking loss one week after a terrible loss at home. A few idiots do not define a fan base. I could say the same for the Bama fans at the game. Granted, they were silenced most of the time due to the way Auburn played, but all in all, the majority were very well behaved and gracious. It was a very exciting game, riddled with extraordinarily bad officiating for both sides. Both teams made great plays and bonehead mistakes. Auburn just made one play less. It's what this game is. The best rivalry in the country.

I did not behave well. I wanted the staffs heads on a platter for utter incompetence. I was not a good AU fan. 

Bill Buckner Syndrome. You're a top tier athlete. Hundreds of thousands of fans see your highlights and lowlights. Among that fan group there are a few sociopaths whose self images are the team you play for. You get the cheers, you get the jeers. Next thread.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I did not behave well. I wanted the staffs heads on a platter for utter incompetence. I was not a good AU fan. 

Just need to work on that!! Lol

14 hours ago, gman87 said:

you flatter me sir!

It's social media....this site is social media. How do we know who is who? I don't put much cred on individuals posting chit on the web unless it's educational and makes good sense. Also, hate is a relative term and means different things to different people. 

20 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

My point is being an AU fan is a choice and it’s friggin hard. The highs are much higher and the lows are way way lower.  Imo there are better days ahead, but if you can’t handle the ride - get off before AU kills you.

True Auburn fans love our players for the highs AND lows they've experienced wearing Orange and Blue.

The AU family loves each other for the YEARS/DECADES of highs AND lows we've experienced together as Auburn fans.

After an Iron Bowl loss years ago, an Updyke saw me walking away from the stadium and screamed in my face "DON'T YOU WISH YOU WERE A BAMA FAN?!!!" He actually thinks putting on a Roll Tide t-shirt makes him special. He has no clue.

• Like 1

This will be amplified with every fan base in the coming years due to, among other things, NIL.  People aren't going to treat players like kids that make mistakes when many are being paid more than the average fan makes working.  We all want it both ways, but that isn't realistic.  I don't get the satisfaction that comes with attacking someone over something like this, but that is part of the poison of social media.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

This will be amplified with every fan base in the coming years due to, among other things, NIL.  People aren't going to treat players like kids that make mistakes when many are being paid more than the average fan makes working.  We all want it both ways, but that isn't realistic.  I don't get the satisfaction that comes with attacking someone over something like this, but that is part of the poison of social media.

The problem isn’t in NIL or social media, it’s in the person that attacks the players.

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

The problem isn’t in NIL or social media, it’s in the person that attacks the players.

Do you feel the same about someone that plays for the Dallas Cowboys, Saints, Falcons etc?  Are they immune from criticism?  My point is that we are allowing college sports to move toward the pro model.  I believe that will be destructive to college sports and harm more student athletes than it helps.  This is a symptom of the culture that paying players will create over time.

• Like 3