Koy Moore forced off social media due to fan hate

aubiefifty

There has always been stupid and hateful people. This is not a new creation. However, social media and those who interact with them create an amplifier of their noise and nonsense. 

• Thanks 1

This is sad. If you need to vent, do it in this forum or something similar. Leave our players' personal social media accounts alone. Having said that, I bet most of the haters are Gumps. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Some of you guys are just eaten up with homerism. I’ve seen a lot of Auburn fans talking sh*t about Koy. It’s disgusting and embarrassing. We just never learn. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

We have some of the biggest a**hole fans, towards the team, players and coaches that we follow, in all of sports! We will turn on our own in a second! I would like to think that we are better, and we are regarding being polite to opposing teams and fans, but not towards our own! I hate it for Koy, but some on here and social media need to check themselves! Ridiculous behavior, often!

Edited by GAAubie
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Bammers?…. Dear lord. Go through this forum since Saturday.  We’ve got a fringe % of fixated fans who need to take a break and pick up a hobby. 

Yes, we have our two villains for the loss and we must excoriate them without mercy.

• Like 1

Feel badly for the young man. Also this is sure to impress any recruits. Good grief. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WillMunny said:

Stepping onto the Iron Bowl field as a player is a high risk, high reward venture.

On one hand, there's Bo Jackson and Chris Davis.  On the other hand, there's Tank Bigsby, Koy Moore, and D.J. James.

When you step on that field, you have to be ready to do your job.  Stay in bounds, catch a punt, don't get beat on 4th-and-31 when you know the ball is going to be thrown in the end zone.  Most people would probably agree that's not too much to ask of those players.

But I don't condone any hatred being directed at any of those players. And I hope none of them let their Iron Bowl mistakes define them.  They have to somehow cope with their mistakes as men and move on.

Very good thoughts!  It is indeed high rewards and high risks playing at this level, especially before a National TV audience. It will be difficult for  these two to ovecome their mistakes that eventually cost Auburn the game it had in the bag. Fans have long memories, but this indeed will test their character.

43 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Who forced him off? I don't see the link

i guess whomever was following him on social media. go check it out on the rant if you like. i am not sure there is a link.

Edited by aubiefifty

i sat here and watched some horrible stuff said on this site. by a lot of folks. i said not one word to any of you. not one. and when i choose to show some results of the hate all of a sudden i am a bad guy.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i guess whomever was following him on social media. go check it out on the rant if you like. i am not sure there is a link.

Ok, but no one forced him off. He went off on his own.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Ok, but no one forced him off. He went off on his own.

That's commonly said, when a bunch of people is attacking a guy it's said he was forced off or run off their social media

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

That's commonly said, when a bunch of people is attacking a guy it's said he was forced off or run off their social media

I took it to mean like he got banned or something.  There wasn't a link or anything,  just trying to get clarification 

Respectfully, hardly any of our players grew up as au fans.  And most are kids with the attention span of a chipmunk. Its a game to them and maybe a way to the league. Sure they want to win but it’s … different. They absolutely do not think or prioritize the way most on this forum do. Not even close. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

Respectfully, hardly any of our players grew up as au fans.  And most are kids with the attention span of a chipmunk. Its a game to them and maybe a way to the league. Sure they want to win but it’s … different. They absolutely do not think or prioritize the way most on this forum do. Not even close. 

Agree, but no prioritization of a football game, should allow anyone to chase down players on social media to berate them.

• Like 2

Unfortunately welcome to the world of social media. It happens at the next level as well. When u accessible and something happens that people don’t like more often than not u gonna hear about it.

Edited by e808

2 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Social media is not an accurate reflection of any fan base. Give me a break. It's a refuge for idiots posting BS anonymously. 

We are talking about what is correct behavior, always will have incorrect behaviors but the rest of us should call it out.

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

Agree, but no prioritization of a football game, should allow anyone to chase down players on social media to berate them.

That was my point. Just because some of our fans have prioritized AU in their lives to the point of almost not healthy. The kids are just kids. I’m pretty sure a bad play in the iron bowl won’t “define” them.

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

That was my point. Just because some of our fans have prioritized AU in their lives to the point of almost not healthy. The kids are just kids. I’m pretty sure a bad play in the iron bowl won’t “define” them.

Agree completely!!

The vast majority of our fans behaved extremely well. It was a heartbreaking loss one week after a terrible loss at home. A few idiots do not define a fan base. I could say the same for the Bama fans at the game. Granted, they were silenced most of the time due to the way Auburn played, but all in all, the majority were very well behaved and gracious. It was a very exciting game, riddled with extraordinarily bad officiating for both sides. Both teams made great plays and bonehead mistakes. Auburn just made one play less. It's what this game is. The best rivalry in the country.

• Like 1