So who do you think will make top 4 playoff spots...

bishoptf

Just now, LPTiger said:

How many punts did we see yesterday without a single muff?   How many 4th and 31 conversions did we see?  How many horse collar calls where hands are outside the pads? I fully expect Bama to win another national championship because the football gods love them.

IDK…this Michigan team is very physical at the point of attack and Corum is healthy and running hard. I don’t think Bama just gonna roll their helmet out there and win.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

He did what he was supposed to do. And if FSU had a month to prepare/heal, they'd look a lot better in the CFP than they did last night.

This is a point that has been severely overlooked. 

FSU's AD got it right. The committee turned into prognosticators, and that isn't their job.

I don't have any love for FSU, but they got name-branded today. We know how that feels, and it sucks.

14 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Whether FSU wins or not, they're not getting in over Alabama. This is if Michigan wins over Iowa. It's about matchups and TV ratings and FSU is boring as hell without Jordan Travis. The SEC is a machine that's way bigger than the ACC.

If Michigan wins, it will no doubt be:

1) Michigan

2) Washington

3) Texas

4) Alabama

This way you don't get a Texas vs Bama rematch and you also get a Harbaugh vs Saban storyline in the semifinals.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

13 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Everybody in here complaining is doing so on pure emotions because we all hate Alabama. If we were in Bama's shoes, ain't a damn one of y'all would say FSU should get in over us. Y'all are just mad because its Alabama and I get that but the committee got this right. FSU would've gotten spanked by any of the these teams in the top 6. They have ZERO offense now!!!!

No. If we were in FSU shoes we'd be mad as hell. And we were in 2004. If Bama was in FSU's shoes do you think the committee would leave them out? Hell no! Bama would simply say, we have another 4 or 5 star QB to put on the field. I don't like that it's all about money and going off a former history of a team. The same committee had Bama ranked #8. How does a #8 ranked team go from 8 to 4th. 

Plus, this is the first time the committee has ever left out a 0 loss and put in a 1 loss team and they're doing it to put in Bama. The same Bama team that it took a last play to beat Auburn. It's not just the hate for Bama but it's the fact that the committee decided to go against all of their requirements from the past 10 years. Why the change now? They just downgraded the regular season games. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TeamZero77 said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Said it earlier, but this sort of thing is why CFB needs to go straight NFL model and not this halfway in-between stuff...you don't hear the words "eye test" in professional sports.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

How many people u think watched that UGA vs TCU slaughter. Furthermore it’s not like TCU is a ratings magnet. If u just basing it on ratings TCU should have been jumped.

2 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

No. If we were in FSU shoes we'd be mad as hell. And we were in 2004. If Bama was in FSU's shoes do you think the committee would leave them out? Hell no! Bama would simply say, we have another 4 or 5 star QB to put on the field. I don't like that it's all about money and going off a former history of a team. The same committee had Bama ranked #8. How does a #8 ranked team go from 8 to 4th. 

Plus, this is the first time the committee has ever left out a 0 loss and put in a 1 loss team and they're doing it to put in Bama. The same Bama team that it took a last play to beat Auburn. It's not just the hate for Bama but it's the fact that the committee decided to go against all of their requirements from the past 10 years. Why the change now? They just downgraded the regular season games. 

Yep! Exactly what I posted earlier, imagine something happening to Cam in the SEC champ game and us being undefeated and the committee saying "sorry your starting qb is hurt u don't get a shot". Yes we all hate Alabama and that will lead bias at times but jumping them over an undefeated power 5 team just bc their qb is injured would piss any fan off. If this was us, this site would be livid

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Boom

Still waiting on the logic part. The power that Herbstreit,  Sankey and ESPN have over the CFP is mind boggling.  The CFP committee needs to be dissolved and just let Herbstreit pick the teams from now on. 

Just now, SLAG-91 said:

Said it earlier, but this sort of thing is why CFB needs to go straight NFL model and not this halfway in-between stuff...you don't hear the words "eye test" in professional sports.

Eventually FBS will go to 2 super conferences....Sec and big10 (or what ever they call them then),  20 to 30 teams each.    Champions of each will play in the college "Super Bowl," like the AFC and NFC do now.   Each conference will have an internal 8 team playoff or something before then.  Totally professionalized.

I just want to know, if the shoe was on the other foot, would  FSU have gotten in over Bama?  Here is what I mean.  Let's say this year was a vastly different year for Clemson and they were undefeated.  FSU experienced only one lost to Clemson by 10 or less points (week 3 game), but beats Clemson in the ACC Championship game by 3 points.  On the other hand, Bama was undefeated, but lost Milroe to an injury, in the Iron Bowl.  Bama goes on to beat a two loss Georgia team (hypothetical), in the SEC Championship game but had a similar poor performance as FSU had verses Louisville.  Again, would FSU trump Bama in the selection process?  I'm not so sure they would.

Just saying ...

Edited by Never2Yield
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Everybody in here complaining is doing so on pure emotions because we all hate Alabama. If we were in Bama's shoes, ain't a damn one of y'all would say FSU should get in over us. Y'all are just mad because its Alabama and I get that but the committee got this right. FSU would've gotten spanked by any of the these teams in the top 6. They have ZERO offense now!!!!

I mean u ain't wrong... but still

Just now, Never2Yield said:

I just want to know, if the shoe was on the other foot, would  FSU have gotten in over Bama?  Here is what I mean.  Let's say this year was a vastly different year for Clemson and they were undefeated.  FSU experienced only one lost to Clemson by 10 or less points (week 3 game), but beats Clemson in the ACC Championship game by 3 points.  On the other hand, Bama was undefeated, but lost Milrow to an injury, in the Iron Bowl.  Bama goes on to beat a two loss Georgia team (hypothetical), in the SEC Championship game but hada similar poor performance as FSU had verses Louisville.  Again, would FSU trump Bama in the selection process?  I'm not so sure would.

Just saying ...

You're correct, it wouldn't happen, and that's why people aren't happy. Yes it's our rival and we hate them, but this just feels wrong.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Interesting response from UM finding out their opponent in the Rose Bowl.

Here to gloat?

Again a rhetorical question.

11 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

How many punts did we see yesterday without a single muff?   How many 4th and 31 conversions did we see?  How many horse collar calls where hands are outside the pads? I fully expect Bama to win another national championship because the football gods love them.

Yup. I've seen the movie dozens of times. When they get the opportunity to back their way in, they always back their way in.

I had bammer in at #4 the moment they won the IB.

• Like 1

What you think they're scared of the bunch that blasted Arkansas by 3? 

Don't they have a rasslin match in Alabama you are missing?

Because everyone (including Michigan) knows it's BS for bama to back their way into the playoff..... again.

They also know that something will probably get vandalized, or one of their fans will get teabagged after the game (win or lose). 

Can you blame them? 

Why are you here anyway? To gloat? 

1 minute ago, Eagle-1 said:

What you think they're scared of the bunch that blasted Arkansas by 3? 

Don't they have a rasslin match in Alabama you are missing?

Doesn't he have a dentist app....oh wait. 

• Haha 2

Just now, yngwie1995 said:

Because everyone (including Michigan) knows it's BS for bama to back their way into the playoff..... again.

They also know that something will probably get vandalized, or one of their fans will get teabagged after the game (win or lose). 

Can you blame them? 

Why are you here anyway? To gloat? 

He's here because Pawl doesn't come on until tomorrow afternoon..

I think Michigan will win it all. They're on a mission for Harbaugh and it's an "Us against the world" mentality. Just like our 2010 team was on a mission because the media wouldn't shut up about Cam's situation. 

Michigan is a hard nosed team and they're really the only team that has dominated everyone on their schedule. The Ohio State game was close in score but Michigan was in control all game. I think they'll beat Bama and then out physical the Washington/Texas winner.

I did see somebody make a good point about FSU. If the committee truly thought they were a worse team after losing Travis, why did FSU not drop behind Texas, bama, and Oregon after the N. Alabama game when he was injured? If being undefeated truly did not matter and injuries are going to be that heavily weighted, then the rankings should have reflected that weeks ago. Also, we all know if we had beaten bama last week, it would be Georgia at 4 right now instead of bama. There was no way FSU was going to get in and leave out the SEC. 

17 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Still waiting on the logic part. The power that Herbstreit,  Sankey and ESPN have over the CFP is mind boggling.  The CFP committee needs to be dissolved and just let Herbstreit pick the teams from now on. 

I don’t know if anyone noticed, but when herbstreit was being interviewed, before they announced the rankings, he already had the helmets up in the background of the 4 teams

57 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

I can't imagine how pissed I'd be if I were an FSU fan right now. 

You were alive in 2004, weren't you?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

They know what's coming. Mich doesn't look like one of the 4 best teams if we're being honest. That offense certainly doesn't. I hope they beat Bama for sure but their offense is nothing to write home about.