Georgia vs. Florida State

AURex

FSU with their #2 QB but that really nasty defense.  UGA with their pablum offense and stout defense.

I got FSU !!! Maybe just wistfull hoping because I am truly sick and tured of UGA (and Bama).

How about you?

1 minute ago, AURex said:

FSU with their #2 QB but that really nasty defense.  UGA with their pablum offense and stout defense.

I got FSU !!! Maybe just wistfull hoping because I am truly sick and tured of UGA (and Bama).

How about you?

I'll take that for a New Year present.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, AURex said:

How about you?

Hard to predict before knowing the opt out situation but I like FSUs chance to contain Bowers. Do that and UGA is beatable. 

FSU could make a HUGE statement by winning this game. They may also have the 2018 feeling that AU had against UCF where we were not in a bowl that we wanted to be in. Hope they don’t come out flat. I’ll be anti-SEC this Bowl season except for my beloved AU Tigers!! 

I guess I pick UGA.

But UGA might have some key players opt out and play uninspired, while FSU will be on a mission.  I guess FSU could win.

Everyone on the Committee will probably be wearing UGA jerseys for this one.

Edited by WillMunny

Well with all the statements made by Novell, the AD and media, FSU better show up and make the committee look like idiots, otherwise the committee gets vindicated. 

• Like 1

If I were F$U, I'd wait to the night before or morning of and back out and claim the championship anyway 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Meanwhile FSU is not happy about their 30 million a year TV money agreement through the ACC and they want to leave.  They waited too late.  

https://sports.yahoo.com/florida-state-leaving-the-acc-would-have-massive-ramifications-for-the-future-of-college-athletics-154632042.html

• Like 1

On 12/8/2023 at 7:19 AM, bigbird said:

If I were F$U, I'd wait to the night before or morning of and back out and claim the championship anyway 

They might as well since 14 players are in the portal and a few more going to the draft.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Damn someone is excited about this beatdown that's about to happen. Lol

Hate THUGA but must say I’m sick of the whining from FSU with the “poor me” syndrome. Seems like every year there is a team that misses out for a variety of reasons. And since the screams from UCF to get into NC conversation years ago brought in the likes of Cincinnati, TCU, and even overrated ND teams no one wants a team in the championship that is set up for embarrassment. Ratings tank, and sponsors lose money as people turn off these embarrassments. Now seeing Turds get in doesn’t make me happy either, but we all know that is the mountain we got to climb to be #1.

life ain’t fair!

Personally would not give 2 piles of poop if FSU went back to being the all girls school they came from.

1 man’s opinion FWIW!

• Like 3

I doubt the Orange Bowl has ever had a 20-point favorite...I think Nebraska was a double-digit favorite over Miami in the OB of Jan. 1984, but nothing close to 20.

Might be a better game than we think, but I don't hold out much hope for this one.

Edited by SLAG-91

It's obvious the College Football Playoff committee made the right decision to omit FSU from the final four.

IMO UGA is a better team than Washington and probably Texas as well. But it would have been crazy controversial to put UGA in the final four.

Not sure how anyone could say FSU didn’t belong. They had so many opt outs it wasn’t even funny. It was like the B team playing the varsity. Even Kirby acknowledged all the opt outs FSU had. They had first and second string players opting out. Not sure what can be done but some action needs to be taken. 

Edited by e808
  • Thanks 1

• WarTiger changed the title to Georgia vs. Florida State