2024 3* Georgia St Transfer WR Robert Lewis Commits To AU!! (Threads Merged)

Paladin

14 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

One question. Can he catch the ball consistently? 

giphy.gif

Of course not. I have inside info the coaches make offers to receivers that knowlingly cannot catch the ball. 😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, creed said:

Of course not. I have inside info the coaches make offers to receivers that knowlingly cannot catch the ball. 😁

Even if they can catch when they get here, this staff is confident they can coach them down.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Win4AU said:

I was under the impression Auburn did well in the portal last year at WR so you’ll have to forgive me if I wait and see this year.

Yup. Got the guy who led the nation in YPC. Caught one pass this season. 

“Throw it to those five starrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs” Gary.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

a few here predicting *insert WR flavor of the year* would go over 1,000 yards receiving

The only question is if they predict one or two.

The last time AU had a 1K WR, most folks were still on dial-up and their cell phones flipped open or had a pull-out antenna.

But that won’t stop our resident geniuses from predicting it.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Nice moves. They were comparing him to Eli Stove on the On3 show today. 

Is he moving like Stoves did against SEC competition? How great was Stoves to Auburn's success? Was Ryan Davis and Quan Bray better than Stoves at the same position? How strong does the overall offense have to be in order for the slot guy to have success when catching a screen pass?

Edited by Auburn93

2 hours ago, AUnCullman said:

Belitnikoff(?) watch list is no joke. This guy obviously has talent. Will it result in a 1000 yd season? Who knows but none of the transfers last year were on the list so.....

There was one:  Nick Mardner

• Like 1

On 12/11/2023 at 4:04 PM, Viper said:

The only question is if they predict one or two.

The last time AU had a 1K WR, most folks were still on dial-up and their cell phones flipped open or had a pull-out antenna.

But that won’t stop our resident geniuses from predicting it.

And our AU podcasters. Adamant that we would have Shane Hooks get 1K yards receiving and Hunter would rush for 1,500. 

It was mostly being hyped up because of Freeze and Montgomery's past offenses so with them combined, there was a ton of hope that it would look way different. I thought we would be a good passing offense too. Not a 1K yard receiver good but I thought we would be WAY more balanced. 

We will get there hopefully. Freeze is definitely trying to get there with the guys he's bringing in. 

• Like 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2024 3* Georgia St Transfer WR Robert Lewis Commits To AU!! (Threads Merged)
  • ellitor unpinned this topic