Auburn NIL and Roster Management

AUY2K

Auburn has to maximize it's funds.  Think about all the current players on our roster looking to renew their NIL deals.  Some will stay the same, some will slightly increase while others it will take a decent increase to keep them from entering the portal.

Im sure the following players will have increases to their NIL:

J. Hunter

D. Alston

J. Cobb

P. Thorne

J. Johnson (may take a decent increase if CHF wants to keep him).

C. Lew

I wonder at what point they sit down with each player to review their NIL?

I wonder what our annual budget is for NIL?  It's just seems crazy to me for these boosters to fork out millions each year with no return on their investment other than emotion or "hope" that the team does well.

36 minutes ago, AUY2K said:

Auburn has to maximize it's funds.  Think about all the current players on our roster looking to renew their NIL deals.  Some will stay the same, some will slightly increase while others it will take a decent increase to keep them from entering the portal.

J. Hunter

D. Alston

J. Cobb

P. Thorne

C. Lew

I wonder what our annual budget is for NIL?  It's just seems crazy to me for these boosters to fork out millions each year with no return on their investment other than emotion or "hope" that the team does well.

I don’t figure Thorne is looking for an increase.

44 minutes ago, AUY2K said:

P. Thorne

I think you mean NIL cut

• Like 1

• WarTiger changed the title to Auburn NIL and Roster Management

Im sure he will get a certain % increase. Probably not much, but still for his performance vs bammer!  That kid laid it out all on the line for Auburn!

2 hours ago, AUY2K said:

J. Hunter

D. Alston

J. Cobb

P. Thorne

C. Lew

hey auy2k it might not mean a i thing but ebay already has 2023 rookie cards out for J Hunter and some are autographed. it makes me wonder if hunter is going to be here next year.

Edited by aubiefifty

Plus if Hunter was leaving AU would be going after the UF running back or the Ark running back who are in the portal. On top of that pushing hard to recruit a 2024 RB.

Edited by AUY2K

On 12/8/2023 at 11:06 AM, AUY2K said:

J. Hunter

D. Alston

J. Cobb

P. Thorne

C. Lew

Fwiw, Stephanie Stutts is Cam Stutts mother and she came on a podcast comment section recently and was saying that NIL deals aren't as big or spread out like most think. She said her son has been at Auburn under 5 head coaches counting Steele and Caddy as interims and I forget how many oline coaches and had chances to leave due to all the craziness of the past few years. She said he is so banged up, Hugh mentioned it too this year, that Cam can't even practice most days but he still does everything to play as much as he can. She said he doesn't get much at all in NIL but does it because he love Auburn!! She responded to fans after the New Mexico St loss when fans said today's players don't love Auburn because they're this new age portal type mentality and just play where they can get more NIL money.

The way she makes it sound, not nearly the amount of players get paid and players also don't get nearly as much as we fans think they get. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, BoogingBarner said:

Fwiw, Stephanie Stutts is Cam Stutts mother and she came on a podcast comment section recently and was saying that NIL deals aren't as big or spread out like most think. She said her son has been at Auburn under 5 head coaches counting Steele and Caddy as interims and I forget how many oline coaches and had chances to leave due to all the craziness of the past few years. She said he is so banged up, Hugh mentioned it too this year, that Cam can't even practice most days but he still does everything to play as much as he can. She said he doesn't get much at all in NIL but does it because he love Auburn!! She responded to fans after the New Mexico St loss when fans said today's players don't love Auburn because they're this new age portal type mentality and just play where they can get more NIL money.

The way she makes it sound, not nearly the amount of players get paid and players also don't get nearly as much as we fans think they get. 

Willing to bet this is true. Good reminder what these guys sacrifice physically for what they get in return. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BoogingBarner said:

Thank you Momma Stutts and Thank you Cam.

• Like 2

On 12/8/2023 at 12:31 PM, AUY2K said:

Im sure he will get a certain % increase. Probably not much, but still for his performance vs bammer!  That kid laid it out all on the line for Auburn!

I applaud his effort and the NEAR victory but isn’t that—-Laying it all out on the line—what is supposed to happen every week?  PT did progress some thru this season, i think.  

Edited by TigerPAC

11 hours ago, BoogingBarner said:

Of course, the exaggeration is made by fans who probably didn't want players getting paid anyhow. Additionally, the coaches like Matt Rhule and Dabo that throw little shots don't help the situation, yet they can get paid handsomely. 

On 12/8/2023 at 11:06 AM, AUY2K said:

J. Hunter

D. Alston

J. Cobb

P. Thorne

C. Lew

Jarvarous had 19 catches for 347 yds on the season. Hunter has no draft stock to speak of and Thornes lucky he got anything before he iplayed in actual games here. If anybody gets increases it should be Marcus Harris, Keionte Scott and Jaylin Simpson to try and entice them to stay. Prob not happening but you give it a shot.

Edited by CR
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Of course, the exaggeration is made by fans who probably didn't want players getting paid anyhow. Additionally, the coaches like Matt Rhule and Dabo that throw little shots don't help the situation, yet they can get paid handsomely. 

Auburn fans should be excited about NIL. We are a clear winner under the new rules. 

7 hours ago, DAG said:

New freedoms are always a little messy, but well worth it in the longterm. CFB had to change and is still in the middle of the process.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2023 at 9:20 PM, TigerPAC said:

I applaud his effort and the NEAR victory but isn’t that—-Laying it all out on the line—what is supposed to happen every week?  PT did progress some thru this season, i think.  

I miss the days I was naive as you are. 

On 12/9/2023 at 4:40 PM, BoogingBarner said:

This is a glowing story from a family that obviously loves AU.  But considering what Cam has physically and mentally endured here at Auburn, if I were his parent, I may have a hard time coping with Auburn throwing away over $70million in buyouts for coaches and then OTV/NIL accumulating $21million in the coffers while my own son received a tiny morsel of that wealth.  

I'm in no way a greedy person, but screw that.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1