Men vs Indiana Game Thread

Maverick.AU

Just now, AUGoo said:

No

He’s undersized and can’t jump.

Yea I get that, but some of the calls are so weak. Most are justified for sure, but I feel like I see rougher play that never gets called. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Yep, plus he does a lot of reaching when he gets beat. He could get called for a lot more than he does tbh 

Then he loses his poise and becomes a deficit to the team

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Yep, plus he does a lot of reaching when he gets beat. He could get called for a lot more than he does tbh 

My biggest gripe with Broome is dribbling when under the basket.  I was taught never to dribble when you’re already in the paint

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Then he loses his poise and becomes a deficit to the team

I try to be fair to him yknow. He does have to cover up a LOT on defense. And has done a really good job today considering how dominant their bigs are. Just need a bit more consistency on the offensive end when he has a tough matchup like he’s had today 

5 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

My biggest gripe with Broome is dribbling when under the basket.  I was taught never to dribble when you’re already in the paint

His worst move by far is when he gets it in post position, doesn’t get the look he wants, dribbles to the opposite side like what you’re saying, and then tries to do a twisting hook shot. To do that type of move when you’re already floor bound is maddening 

• Like 1

This game we have done a great job of ball movement or just breaking down defender and getting to the rim. Also we are hitting open 3's which has been missing lately. One reason is they are good 3's where player is catchin in position to shoot and not forcing at end of shot clock.

• Like 1

Broome has certainly not had a great game, but Indiana has good big men. It appears that some of Pearl's plan was to have a more perimeter game today. Broome is our best player. He sure isn't getting much love on here today! 🤣

• Like 1

did the announcers give auburn any love? i might have missed it but all i heard was praise for indiana. if i was there i would start a chant at the announcers hollering dumbazz.............

4 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

My main concern about this team is that some teams will be bigger and more physical  - we  are very  very dependent on  shot making  

I think IU fills that description pretty well.

Had our legs today

Just now, AUGoo said:

I think IU fills that description pretty well.

Had our legs today

rumor has it indiana players shave their legs..............

3 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

My main concern about this team is that some teams will be bigger and more physical  - we  are very  very dependent on  shot making  

Just the nature of the roster tbh. This should still present advantages for them though - Indiana was much bigger in the big spots, but also seemed a step slow for 85% of the game.