Men vs Indiana Game Thread

Maverick.AU

Just now, Grumps said:

Broome has certainly not had a great game, but Indiana has good big men. It appears that some of Pearl's plan was to have a more perimeter game today. Broome is our best player. He sure isn't getting much love on here today! 🤣

At this point in the season you are correct. He has done a great job of scoring, rebounding and protecting the paint. I agree he is having a bad game but while his game has some limits most of the year he has been really really good, What is good is how other players have picked up the slack today.

• Like 1

we gonna hang a hundred plus on those cats.......

3 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

At this point in the season you are correct. He has done a great job of scoring, rebounding and protecting the paint. I agree he is having a bad game but while his game has some limits most of the year he has been really really good, What is good is how other players have picked up the slack today.

I think Pearl knew our strength vs. Indiana was our perimeter game. Our guards won the game today. We  beat them with our strength. That was great coaching.

• Like 1

I'm one of the hardest on this board on KD. So I need to give him props when he plays well, too. Today, good KD showed up. Always gives you hope he can stick around a while.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KansasTiger said:

I'm one of the hardest on this board on KD. So I need to give him props when he plays well, too. Today, good KD showed up. Always gives you hope he can stick around a while.

The game turned 180 when he came in. Lifted the entire team.  Hes perfect off the bench - either he  should play 30 mins or 2 per game depending

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Culture issue

Easy answer. App State is a good basketball team and Indiana is not. Indiana made us uncomfortable for 10 minutes and then quit. We don't have guys that can make shots when we are defensively pressured. Game ball goes to Bruce Pearl and our defensive effort and pressure. 

42 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I had to shake my head when Dykes called him one of the best positional defenders haha 

Berman is def one of the best 11th men you can ask for though 

I did too. These guys talk too much and then something stupid comes out. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

This game we have done a great job of ball movement or just breaking down defender and getting to the rim. Also we are hitting open 3's which has been missing lately. One reason is they are good 3's where player is catchin in position to shoot and not forcing at end of shot clock.

Threes didn't come easy until Indiana stopped playing defense. We were clunking them in the beginning. Then, we finally caught some fire. 

Just now, TAYLORKEETON said:

Final 4 potential if we continue to play like this. Consistency is key. 

Really? There is no final four potential on this team. There is an NCAA tournament potential team, and we will be inconsistent with our scoring. 

• Sad 1

3 turnovers today. Only 3 players played over 20 minutes. Played great defense for most of the game. Not bad for a team that showed up 8 minutes after the game started. 

I hope we all get to see this team play 40 minutes of really good basketball. I like our chances against anyone if and when that happens.

25 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Final 4 potential if we continue to play like this. Consistency is key. 

If we hit 50% of our 3’s every time we might not lose another game. 

• Thanks 1