Men vs Indiana Game Thread

Maverick.AU

13 minutes ago, BustemBigBlue said:

Who would have thought we’d have 6 players in double figures (2 with 20+) and none of them are Broome? 

Sorta good sign imo. Don’t want Broome to just disappear when he gets matched up against a studly center, but to know we can play a 3 and drive to the rim game that’s also guard centric, that’s very encouraging to me. I don’t think we can win much in the SEC or in March just playing through Broome with everyone else being complementary 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

My guy Jaylin Williams with really solid game all around

Because their center, who is awesome btw, had to guard Broome and couldn't leave him to roam around and swat balls away from everyone else. Sometimes you just have to be a potential threat to make a difference. 

2 hours ago, BustemBigBlue said:

If we hit 50% of our 3’s every time we might not lose another game. 

3 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

3-27 from three 

Ding ding ding. 

We have been absolutely coooooooooking at neutral site games this season!!!! All our best games have been in neutral site games!!! Let’s gooooo!!!!! War damn eagle bay baaaaay!!!!!!!! We absolutely annihilated them with our best player only scoring 2 points!!! Un real!!! Love love loooooove seeing a good kd and an aggressive J Will!!! War damn Bruce pearl eagle!!!!! 🦅 🐅🐯🧡💙

If you would have told me Broome gets just 2 points in any P5 game this season, I would have said 1) He got injured and 2) We lost.

From the 22-10 score mark, that is the best I have seen AU play since the 2019 North Carolina game.

• Like 3

14 threes in any college game will win you a lot of games. 14-of-29 in fact.

In comparison, 2019 AU hit 15-of-40 threes against Tennessee in the SECCG, 13-of-30 threes against Kansas and 17-of-37 threes against North Carolina.

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Then, can we get Chris Tucker to come to a bunch of games? Because if this version of J Will would show up more often, we'd be hard to beat. Those times he just disappears baffle me. And hurt us. But when he plays aggressively he is such a significant contributor. Please, let's see more of today's J Will, & if Chris Tucker gets him going, then let's get him to games!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Twitter says that Indiana center Kal'el is quitting and declaring for the draft.

Yikes!!

Went to the game yesterday - incredible atmosphere for a neutral site and probably 60-65% Indiana fans.  Incredible response after getting down early.  Indiana just couldn’t match the depth or physicality outside of their big guy on Broome.  

This team can beat anyone if they play like that.  Hopefully we’ll have the growing pains out of our system early in SEC play

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

The Auburn media team is a bunch of savages 😂.  For those who haven’t seen the epic trolling of Indiana, here’s a blog with the backstory. 

Bravo guys 🫡

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3496480/it-just-me

That is a seriously fantastic troll post n so many levels.  Why is that not being talked about more.  That wa s brilliant.  The idea and effort before hand to have that preloaded is awesome!  All I can do is stand and clap!

12 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Troll parody account lol

Thanks! I'm old and apparently don't know who to determine what is true and what is false. There was nothing that seemed funny about it. Didn't he score 13 points? He didn't have that bad of a game.

• Like 1