Trump the Dictator

TexasTiger

2 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

It’s a year away and most people haven’t seen trump speak in awhile. Which is a spectator sport. But who knows. My fear is trump spends like an extreme liberal but taxes like a republican.  It’s why his entire career is never ending bankruptcies. Had to borrow money from his kids to get loans.  4 more years of him and the treasury will be borrowing money from Ecuador.

My friend, our debt can't get much worse than it's current state. It's a poor argument to use against Trump when we have Biden spending and throwing money at foreign countries and wars like there is no tomorrow.

• Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

My friend, our debt can't get much worse than it's current state. It's a poor argument to use against Trump when we have Biden spending and throwing money at foreign countries and wars like there is no tomorrow.

Check who’s run up the bigger deficit 

2 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Check who’s run up the bigger deficit 

It's not that simple. Alot of that spending was approved and set in motion prior to Trump taking office. Not saying he's some great conservative stalwart of spending, but Obama is responsible for some of the debt incurred under Trump. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

It's not that simple. Alot of that spending was approved and set in motion prior to Trump taking office. Not saying he's some great conservative stalwart of spending, but Obama is responsible for some of the debt incurred under Trump. 

I understand there’s alway context - but in my life I’ve never seen blame shifted immediately to someone else on literally everything like Trump.  It’s like gen z parents shielding their troubled kid from any accountability.

16 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

It’s like gen z parents shielding their troubled kid from any accountability.

You’re obviously talking about Joe and Hunter, right?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I understand there’s alway context - but in my life I’ve never seen blame shifted immediately to someone else on literally everything like Trump.  It’s like gen z parents shielding their troubled kid from any accountability.

Trump is a flawed person, and not a great leader. Here's my opinion and not just my commentary on numbers.

The continued popularity of Trump is akin to the rejection of modern politics as a whole from a sizeable segment of the population. Sure, there are some die hard trumpers, but I'd argue if that was all it would have died off by now. His recent swell is the rejection of uniparty establishment politics. I wish that movement had a better front man, but it doesn't, yet. Desantis lacked the charisma and personality to take the mantle (and he had a problem not taking establishment money). Vivek is trying to position himself to be that next guy. We will see if it works.

So yeah, Trump says and does some questionable things, but once you see the evil, uncaring corruption that makes up Washington, paraded around like some pig with lipstick, you'd pick anything over it as long as it's not more of the same. And maybe thats foolish, cause maybe Trump is just a different kind of corrupt. I could easily see it. But people see how much the establishment hates him, and that fuels the belief that whats bad for them might be good overall. And they're willing to take that risk.

I'd vote for a potato over any of the current pool of candidates besides Vivek, Trump, and maybe RFK Jr. 

Edited by KansasTiger
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You’re obviously talking about Joe and Hunter, right?

Next time Trump is criticized on this site - 1) joes worse 2) Dems made him do it 3) deep state conspiracy 4) left wing media exaggerated, lied, invented, whatever 5) if all else fails , change subject - California is a woke hellscape seems to be the current go to.

Helicopter parents.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Next time Trump is criticized on this site - 1) joes worse 2) Dems made him do it 3) deep state conspiracy 4) left wing media exaggerated, lied, invented, whatever 5) if all else fails , change subject - California is a woke hellscape seems to be the current go to.

Helicopter parents.

Both sides do it. I used to count how many posts it took Fifty before he mentioned Trump when Biden was brought up. I didn't usually get past 1-2.

17 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Helicopter parents.

Don’t get but hurt when you walked right into that one.

• Facepalm 1

58 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Yep, feeling pretty “but” hurt

Geez, so am I after the brutal spelling correction.  Well played :lol:

On 12/12/2023 at 8:22 AM, SaltyTiger said:

Just giving an opinion Rex. Not making accusations. See you are skipping through la la land again.

Asking for actual evidence is "skipping through la la land"?

• Like 1

On 12/12/2023 at 1:42 PM, KansasTiger said:

Trump is a flawed person, and not a great leader. Here's my opinion and not just my commentary on numbers.

The continued popularity of Trump is akin to the rejection of modern politics as a whole from a sizeable segment of the population. Sure, there are some die hard trumpers, but I'd argue if that was all it would have died off by now. His recent swell is the rejection of uniparty establishment politics. I wish that movement had a better front man, but it doesn't, yet. Desantis lacked the charisma and personality to take the mantle (and he had a problem not taking establishment money). Vivek is trying to position himself to be that next guy. We will see if it works.

So yeah, Trump says and does some questionable things, but once you see the evil, uncaring corruption that makes up Washington, paraded around like some pig with lipstick, you'd pick anything over it as long as it's not more of the same. And maybe thats foolish, cause maybe Trump is just a different kind of corrupt. I could easily see it. But people see how much the establishment hates him, and that fuels the belief that whats bad for them might be good overall. And they're willing to take that risk.

I'd vote for a potato over any of the current pool of candidates besides Vivek, Trump, and maybe RFK Jr. 

KT talking himself into being where I always knew he was — a Trump guy.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

KT talking himself into being where I always knew he was — a Trump guy.

He isn't my first choice. But I've voiced before that I'd support him over Biden.

• Facepalm 1

16 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Confirmed 110% by the usual and anticipated ICHY facepalm. Goofballs love other goofballs 

Yes,,, that closet full of MAGA merchandise is very indicative.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

And people wonder how Hitler came to power...

I personally think that’ specific example is getting tired but it’s a fair point. The power of a big personality and the “us” vs “them” narrative.  Dysfunctional but with passionate, almost evangelical-like oratory skills. Religions and  counties have had many of them over history. From Jimmy Swaggart to Mussolini - some followers  just unconditionally gravitate to them. I saw a year ago a woman being interviewed saying Trump was the son of Christ.  

I just hope the sane Trump supporters understand what they’re playing with.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

I just hope the sane Trump supporters understand what they’re playing with.

I gave folks a pass on a 2016 vote. 2020, there was no excuse. Anyone willing to go down that road in 2024 is seriously deficient in at least one key variable.

3 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

He isn't my first choice. But I've voiced before that I'd support him over Biden.

You know I hear that … a lot. That’s a discussion for next fall.  I don’t hear a lot of talk about Desantis now.  It’s all “darn it, Bidens gonna make me vote for Trump” stuff. Bidens irrelevant right now - it’s the primaries - and there’s several gop candidates and/or Kennedy.

Crickets. Trump is the highest probability loss/risk against Biden - by far, most the maga guys will quietly admit he’s a head case, and he still owns the gop. This isn’t about Biden whatsoever. It’s about them. The gop needs to stop whining about Hunter and own voting for Trump their eyes wide open.

40 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

A potato would be better.

Post Harsin, potato jokes are never welcome. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

You know I hear that … a lot. That’s a discussion for next fall.  I don’t hear a lot of talk about Desantis now.  It’s all “darn it, Bidens gonna make me vote for Trump” stuff. Bidens irrelevant right now - it’s the primaries - and there’s several gop candidates and/or Kennedy.

Crickets. Trump is the highest probability loss/risk against Biden - by far, most the maga guys will quietly admit he’s a head case, and he still owns the gop. This isn’t about Biden whatsoever. It’s about them. The gop needs to stop whining about Hunter and own voting for Trump their eyes wide open.

Then people better get to supporting Vivek real soon. Because there isn't a single other GOP candidate outside of him I'd support. Desantis is the face the establishment wear when they want to pretend theyre anti establishment.

If you're aren't really pissing people off in your own party, you're not the right candidate for me because the positions I and many like me hold, will piss off the establishment. 

If RFK was the dem nominee I'd strongly consider him. But as a third party candidate, he's unfortunately a throw away vote.