Trump the Dictator

TexasTiger

Dictator for one day only.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-hannity-dictator-authoritarian-presidential-election-f27e7e9d7c13fabbe3ae7dd7f1235c72

“Do I think he’s trying to needle everybody? Yes, I do. He enjoys doing that,” Cuccinelli said. “Does it help improve America? No, it doesn’t. And he doesn’t care about that because his first concern is Donald Trump.”

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

https://apnews.com/article/trump-hannity-dictator-authoritarian-presidential-election-f27e7e9d7c13fabbe3ae7dd7f1235c72

“Do I think he’s trying to needle everybody? Yes, I do. He enjoys doing that,” Cuccinelli said. “Does it help improve America? No, it doesn’t. And he doesn’t care about that because his first concern is Donald Trump.”

Isn't that last sentence telling why he is unfit for presidency?

24 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Do I think he’s trying to needle everybody? Yes, I do. He enjoys doing that,” Cuccinelli said. “Does it help improve America? No, it doesn’t. And he doesn’t care about that because his first concern is Donald Trump.”

Is there any doubt in your mind that Trump will actually attempt to use the government to exert retribution on his perceived enemies to the extent he can?

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Is there any doubt in your mind that Trump will actually attempt to use the government to exert retribution on his perceived enemies to the extent he can?

No doubt he would and sure he would not be the first.

On 12/10/2023 at 5:36 PM, SaltyTiger said:

No doubt he would and sure he would not be the first.

Please provide some examples. Not right wing extremist conspiracy crap. Actual real news stories.

• Haha 1

Just an observation, and by the way I'm not a fan of Trump, but isn't every president a dictator on day one via executive orders? 

Help me out here.

8 hours ago, AURex said:

Please provide some examples. Not right wing extremist conspiracy crap. Actual real news stories.

Just giving an opinion Rex. Not making accusations. See you are skipping through la la land again.

2 hours ago, creed said:

Just an observation, and by the way I'm not a fan of Trump, but isn't every president a dictator on day one via executive orders? 

Help me out here.

Re-read the opening post. 

When was the last time you saw a President and his election campaign say stuff like that, and threaten opponents and journalists with elimination and prison?  

And besides that, when is the last time a President compared himself issuing executive orders allowed by congress to being a dictator? 

None of what Trumps team is saying is normal at all. 

• Like 1

People outside this liberal forum sure don't see things the same way...Biden is WILDLY unpopular. It's hard for me to fathom how unpopular if he is losing to TRUMP by 6 points nationally, and 10 points in usually blue Michigan.

image.png.c1671057c94b7cf0278aa131bc508ed8.png

And I can't find it because I think it's behind a WSJ paywall, but recent polling shows if convicted, that still only puts Trump back to a dead heat popular vote wise, nationally.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, AURex said:

Please providte some examples. Not right wing extremist conspiracy crap. Actual real news stories.

I'd say the closest in modern history would be Nixon, who had an "enemies list". (Coincidentally, another Republican.) Fortunately back then we had a functional and responsible congress as a check. 

That is not the case today.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yes, the Republicans are Nazis:

unbelievable. 

Trump jokes about going after his critics and opponents and he's a Nazi. Biden actually goes after his opponent, not a Nazi. Now you're getting it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, creed said:

Help me out here.

No.  Why?  Because there is a legislative process by which those orders can be checked and overturned.

5 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Trump jokes about going after his critics and opponents and he's a Nazi. Biden actually goes after his opponent, not a Nazi. Now you're getting it.

Sure.. It is all jokes... just locker room talk.   How many Attorney Generals had to give Trump the F U?  Bill Barr himself says the man is unfit to be President, but of course he wouldn't know what he is talking about right? 

The far right is just a mess and they are dragging the evangelical community down with them.

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Biden made the point for me when he weaponized the DOJ. I'm just for upholding his established precedent.

In your mind he weaponized the DOJ.  There are no facts to support that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AU9377 said:

In your mind he weaponized the DOJ.  There are no facts to support that. 

Ignore your eyes, the testimonies in front of congress, and what Biden is attempting to do to his political opponent. Ignore all facts but the ones we want you to believe. This is the mantra of the leftist. And the illusion is shattering, if polls are to be believed. And I think they historically underrepresent Trump support.

• Like 1

As I’ve said before, stop with the dictator stuff - maga doesn’t care. Just will muscle memory back Biden is worse.  My 2 cents: focus  on his failures - which is epic - wall that Mexico would pay for, infrastructure bill, failed on 3 successive election cycles, worst deficit in history - it’s never ending.  Stop focusing on him being a sociopath, focus on him being a guy who’s only gift is selling failure well. 

Biden has screwed up plenty (ie immigration) and against any competent competition like Haley he’d be road kill -  but if he can’t beat an historic dumpster fire like Trump… dear lord. 

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

As I’ve said before, stop with the dictator stuff - maga doesn’t care. Just will muscle memory back Biden is worse.  My 2 cents: focus  on his failures - which is epic - wall that Mexico would pay for, infrastructure bill, failed on 3 successive election cycles, worst deficit in history - it’s never ending.  Stop focusing on him being a sociopath, focus on him being a guy who’s only gift is selling failure well. 

Biden has screwed up plenty (ie immigration) and against any competent competition like Haley he’d be road kill -  but if he can’t beat an historic dumpster fire like Trump… dear lord. 

Poll numbers show he outperforms the republican field against Biden, so not sure this holds up to evidence. I know you argue that will change, but that's not what the numbers show overall.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Poll numbers show he outperforms the republican field against Biden, so not sure this holds up to evidence. I know you argue that will change, but that's not what the numbers show overall.

It’s a year away and most people haven’t seen trump speak in awhile. Which is a spectator sport. But who knows. My fear is trump spends like an extreme liberal but taxes like a republican.  It’s why his entire career is never ending bankruptcies. Had to borrow money from his kids to get loans.  4 more years of him and the treasury will be borrowing money from Ecuador.