At least 25% of the country

27 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

The reaction to 1/6 isn’t hysteria - people watched its scale, intent, and outcome. Crazy on full display. And it took hours before Trump finally called it off. It was dangerous and yes traitorous.

I disagree here; there were 1200 or so that were at the Capitol and you saw crazy alright, but to call it traitorous is a stretch IMO.  There was chaos with no direction, no one was leading these idiots other than emotion.  Trump tweeted to *go home* but Twitter at the time deleted those tweets as they went full censorship of Trump in minutes.

It was a cluster, no doubt.

15 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I disagree here; there were 1200 or so that were at the Capitol and you saw crazy alright, but to call it traitorous is a stretch IMO.  There was chaos with no direction, no one was leading these idiots other than emotion.  Trump tweeted to *go home* but Twitter at the time deleted those tweets as they went full censorship of Trump in minutes.

It was a cluster, no doubt.

Go back and watch an unfiltered 1/6 video taken that day. End to end. Any network. Trump owns it.

Look, I understand your frustration with the border, the culture wars, and the Hunter stuff (we probably disagree on Ukraine). However, respectfully, thinking Trump will do anything but blame others for his future failures, further explode the deficit, and create more non productive mayhem - I will never get. It’s like using a rusty chainsaw to try to fix a broken washing machine. There are better candidates/tools available in the primaries. At this point anyone with a pulse.

(To be clear - if I have to I will vote for Biden and then the Republican congressional options. Then throw up. Hope for 4 years of gridlock. Pray for superior options in 2028)

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Trump tweeted to *go home* but Twitter at the time deleted those tweets as they went full censorship of Trump in minutes.

Because they judged, rightly, that on balance the videos he posted would make things worse. 

Just about everyone around him was urging him to make a strong, definitive statement to leave the Capitol, but he never did. In addition to his weak sauce "go home", both deleted videos included more election lies and praise of the rioters.

How difficult was it to say "STOP IMMEDIATELY AND EVACUATE THE CAPITOL!"? It wasn't, so why didn't he? Especially when his own advisors were urging him to? Do you have any reasonable explanation as to why other than because he wanted it to keep going?

https://www.factcheck.org/2023/02/trumps-dubious-claim-about-hidden-tweets-exonerating-him-for-jan-6-capitol-attack/

24 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Because they judged, rightly, that on balance the videos he posted would make things worse. 

Just about everyone around him was urging him to make a strong, definitive statement to leave the Capitol, but he never did. In addition to his weak sauce "go home", both deleted videos included more election lies and praise of the rioters.

How difficult was it to say "STOP IMMEDIATELY AND EVACUATE THE CAPITOL!"? It wasn't, so why didn't he? Especially when his own advisors were urging him to? Do you have any reasonable explanation as to why other than because he wanted it to keep going?

https://www.factcheck.org/2023/02/trumps-dubious-claim-about-hidden-tweets-exonerating-him-for-jan-6-capitol-attack/

image.jpeg.43d02a6d1b8cb4aa4898a1b7aaaa1537.jpeg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

To be clear - if I have to I will vote for Biden

I get not voting for Trump. That one is easy, but a vote for Biden? Just wow. Never saw that coming.

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

I get not voting for Trump. That one is easy, but a vote for Biden? Just wow. Never saw that coming.

I’m praying it doesn’t come to that. It would demand 4 years of binge drinking I’m no longer capable of.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I’m praying it doesn’t come to that. It would demand 4 years of binge drinking I’m no longer capable of.

You’d be surprised what you’re capable of.

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

You’d be surprised what you’re capable of.

It would suggest the only people that would be really happy with a trump v Biden rematch would be the trumpsters.  For the rest of us…

image.gif.8b2db00f8281a0ab5c17c57ab7e70db5.gif

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

It would suggest the only people that would be really happy with a trump v Biden rematch would be the trumpsters.  For the rest of us…

image.gif.8b2db00f8281a0ab5c17c57ab7e70db5.gif

Name the place. I'll buy the first round. 

You buy the next eight. And the wings. Fair is fair.

28 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Name the place. I'll buy the first round. 

You buy the next eight. And the wings. Fair is fair.

If the first round is a nice bottle of bourbon - that works. 

In a normal world I should be arguing with democrats about the role of gov, whether to limit capitalism, taxes and the deficit, and individual rights. Issues.  But with the maga gop party kidnapping, Im now a “neocon” and having to argue with self declared MTG “conservatives” about remedial pre k right vs wrong concepts. Ie  Trying to hang the VP is … bad.

Didn’t see this coming 10 yrs ago. Yep, wings it is.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

If the first round is a nice bottle of bourbon - that works. 

In a normal world I should be arguing with democrats about the role of gov, whether to limit capitalism, taxes and the deficit, and individual rights. Issues.  But with the maga gop party kidnapping, Im now a “neocon” and having to argue with self declared MTG “conservatives” about remedial pre k right vs wrong concepts. Ie  Trying to hang the VP is … bad.

Didn’t see this coming 10 yrs ago. Yep, wings it is.

Can somewhat sympathize. I'd already started drifting left before 2016 (not the reason for my username), but man, that year certainly killed any chance I had of viewing the Republican Party as a serious consideration. I've stated here before, but if I'd thought Trump had a decent chance to win, or knew just how bad he would be, I would have voted Hillary (I voted Gary Johnson). 

12 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Send me your bar stock and I will drink……you go vote.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Can somewhat sympathize. I'd already started drifting left before 2016 (not the reason for my username), but man, that year certainly killed any chance I had of viewing the Republican Party as a serious consideration. I've stated here before, but if I'd thought Trump had a decent chance to win, or knew just how bad he would be, I would have voted Hillary (I voted Gary Johnson). 

I’ve caught hell for saying this before but imo the crash of politics began with the demonization of the word “elite” and made it about class instead of ability. We’re settling for candidates that have the unifying skills and iq’s of chipmunks.

From Jefferson v Hamilton to Eisenhower v FDR,  ideological opposites - but some of the best of their generation. Now I’m watching 2 guys that literally can’t speak in complete sentences. Until we vote/demand again for our best and brightest, our … elite,  complex problems will not get resolved and we’ll be arguing instead about bud light.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2024 at 1:12 PM, Leftfield said:

Holy f***muffins. He's one of the most level-headed posters on here. Some of the others are right....you really have become totally delusional. 

Again, I really appreciate you responding to him.  Somebody needs to.