Men vs Arky Game Thread

12 hours ago, WillMunny said:

I read somewhere that this was only our 5th win at Arky in the last 25 years.  Is that true?

We have won there now 6 times all time I believe. 3 of them were by Bruce. Of the good sec bball programs it’s the road venue we play the best at consistently imo. We could easily of had 2 more wins there in the Bruce era. We blew a big lead there in the coop year and of course lost the OT game 2 years ago there.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

IMG_6526.jpeg

IMG_6525.jpeg

• Like 2

War Damn Bruce Pearl Eagle bay baaaaay!!!!!!!! Woooooo!!!!! L F G!!!! 🦅💙🧡🐯🐅

IMG_6529.jpeg

IMG_6528.jpeg

IMG_6527.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The way they came out for the Auburn win in 2021, the chippiness in that game, them shutting the lights off on Auburn after winning, and the gloating since then from Arkansas fans + social media 

thank you! i had never heard that before. i am not sure how i missed it. thanx again!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

Bruce is like an SF whisperer or something. Incredible

Impressive conference opener if I do say so myself.

17 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Good to see this dub. Sorry for not doing the thread guys. I've been all over the place 

I hope all is well with ya. So this is where you frequent lol. Miss ya on the football boards.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cole256 said:

Send this post to the wings that keep going to play in front of crowds of 10 (and get ZERO development...) in the GLeague instead of coming here 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby

6 hours ago, cole256 said:

CBM was such an incredible find. Not often you find a player that close to completion in the portal. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Send this post to the wings that keep going to play in front of crowds of 10 (and get ZERO development...) in the GLeague instead of coming here 

Bruh the G league was a fad for top high school guys and is so 2020. Almost all top guys are going to college because of nil. As usual it only truly affected AU….

43 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Bruh the G league was a fad for top high school guys and is so 2020. Almost all top guys are going to college because of nil. As usual it only truly affected AU….

Prob the case, but I also think we weren't really worthwhile in NIL back at that point either. We may not be good at it now (in basketball) either, but we had pretty complete whiffs back then. Green, Kuminga, Brown, Scoot, Kessler, I'm sure you remember more than I do off the top of my head. Maybe not all of those were because of NIL, but it was rough outside of a couple gems 

15 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Prob the case, but I also think we weren't really worthwhile in NIL back at that point either. We may not be good at it now (in basketball) either, but we had pretty complete whiffs back then. Green, Kuminga, Brown, Scoot, Kessler, I'm sure you remember more than I do off the top of my head. Maybe not all of those were because of NIL, but it was rough outside of a couple gems 

lol you completely are missing the point. Those guys were pre nil or the infant stages of it. That is why some of those guys went to the G league. With nil almost all the top prospects are going to college. The G league ignite  was just a fad for a couple of years that NIL has made it completely irrelevant for 1 and done guys.

44 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The NIL wasn't really a thing then, was it?

9 hours ago, DAG said:

I hope all is well with ya. So this is where you frequent lol. Miss ya on the football boards.

Hey bud, all is well, hope is all is well with you and your family too! I've been looking for employment but to no avail so I have been all over the place.

2 hours ago, arktiger1975 said:

The NIL wasn't really a thing then, was it?

Looks like it started July 2021, so definitely after most of the prospects I listed had their initial recruitment, you are correct there. 

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol you completely are missing the point. Those guys were pre nil or the infant stages of it. That is why some of those guys went to the G league. With nil almost all the top prospects are going to college. The G league ignite  was just a fad for a couple of years that NIL has made it completely irrelevant for 1 and done guys.

I completely understood that point; the NIL just started later than I thought it did. I do remember us not being great at NIL in the beginning of it, but that just didn't apply to these specific recruits I listed earlier. To Cole's original point though, we still have had some pretty good wing development that recruits were ignoring to go to the GLeague, and still appear to be ignoring. Even in the NIL era, the only quality HS wings we've gotten are Chance and Jakhi, the latter of which had the label as being a bit of a headcase as a prospect. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AUDub said:

CBM was such an incredible find. Not often you find a player that close to completion in the portal. 

You are right. And I said him and Chaney were going to give us so much versatility on defense but it's even more than I imagined. A couple of people asked I need to talk about how we are so good defensively we have become a better offensive team. 

Our length and depth now, we have become monsters and that's what we had been missing the last couple of years. Defense and a steady ball handler. 

This year Pearl has impressed me with so much. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Looks like it started July 2021, so definitely after most of the prospects I listed had their initial recruitment, you are correct there. 

Thanks, UnderArmour!

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think it's starting to be noticed what CBP can do and help with a career.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

I'm about ready for us to be freed from that Under Armour contract, aren't you?

Indeed.  From your keyboard to Cohen’s ears. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NCAubs said:

Indeed.  From your keyboard to Cohen’s ears. 

I just hope we go with Nike. Nike is the king in basketball, and would strengthen our chances with elite prospects even more. I would be highly po'ed if we went with Adidas. Adidas is the little brother/stepchild in the basketball world, really no better than Under Armour.

8 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

I'm about ready for us to be freed from that Under Armour contract, aren't you?

To be clear, I think UnderArmour has some great products that I wear for athletic endeavors to this day.  Shoes are not one and they are arguably the most important. I had one pair of UA shoes and they were trash after three weeks. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Hey bud, all is well, hope is all is well with you and your family too! I've been looking for employment but to no avail so I have been all over the place.

Damn man. I know how stressful that can be. That journey will certainly be in my thoughts and prayers. 

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

I just hope we go with Nike. Nike is the king in basketball, and would strengthen our chances with elite prospects even more. I would be highly po'ed if we went with Adidas. Adidas is the little brother/stepchild in the basketball world, really no better than Under Armour.

I think in this business environment, Nike is the choice.  I don’t wear them personally because I go for comfort and then running.  Although Nike was a runner run company at the onset, they have been surpassed.  I prefer Asics and Saucony for running and Merril’s for comfort.  

Note:  I am old. 

Edited by NCAubs
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, NCAubs said:

To be clear, I think UnderArmour has some great products that I wear for athletic endeavors to this day.  Shoes are not one and they are arguably the most important. I had one pair of UA shoes and they were trash after three weeks. 

I think UA moves you up one rung on the totem pole, but it would definitely be a half measure if the idea is to make a splash in basketball. If they just want an improvement, then I wouldn't be mad at Adidas 

• Like 1