Men vs Arky Game Thread

I read somewhere that this was only our 5th win at Arky in the last 25 years.  Is that true?

Whst was nice about this game is when our starting 5 started out slow and Arkansas had a little run we brought in our next starting 5 (I said next starting 5 as there is no drop off) and they actually got the lead back and got the momentum. In 1st half Donaldson and CBM were our best two players in second half it was the whole team. 

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 1

Good to see this dub. Sorry for not doing the thread guys. I've been all over the place 

• Like 2

From all the players yapping at one another, and all the technical fouls called, I'd say that AU and Arky don't like each other.

I’ll be honest, I thought today was gonna be a 10 pt loss.  So I’m quite happy with the 42 pt record reversal to my expectation.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Tigerfinz said:

Mussleman is the catalyst.

And what's so funny about it is I don't ever remember Bruce saying anything but nice things about their program over the years.

• Like 1

Just now, arktiger1975 said:

And what's so funny about it is I don't ever remember Bruce saying anything but nice things about their program over the years.

this is why i do not get it. arkie was not big on gus and i thought maybe it bled over?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

anyone else notice musselface did not get to take his shirt off and
"Strike A Pose" should i change it to musselmouth folks?

Edited by aubiefifty

Screenshot-20240106-152345-Facebook.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, GreenTiger said:

Wish KD wasn’t always KD 

Quote of the day:

Jimmy Dykes had the perfect quote to describe KD Johnson....."He's like that quarterback who when he drops back to pass, the band is going to start playing...... You just don't know which band.”

SOOOO fitting.

37 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

I don’t “X”. Anyone care to share the good stuff?

IMG_0147.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

I'd really like CBM to reign in his emotions just a bit. I've noticed he makes some questionable decisions, some that could border on unsportsmanlike. It seems every game I sit down and watch, he's good for a technical or flagrant. I'd just hate to see that in a more competitive game. 

But I was impressed by the overall play. This Arkansas team is better than their NET shows them being. This will be a better quality win by the end of the year.

Edited by KansasTiger
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 2

I kind of like the edge CBM has to him. He was clearly in the head of the Arky players. Bruce seems to be giving him a long leash keeping him in there after the technical. It helps that he can flat out ball. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Jgarrett7 said:

I don’t “X”. Anyone care to share the good stuff?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tigerfinz said:

I'm just glad that Tre dropped that last one to all but guarantee the biggest win on that court by a visitor...it was glorious!

Tre was sliding daggers in their chest an inch at a time those last couple of minutes. Cold. It was great.

6 hours ago, WillMunny said:

I read somewhere that this was only our 5th win at Arky in the last 25 years.  Is that true?

Sixth, I think.  Bruce has been there for three. 

image.pngimage.png

What a difference 2 years makes. Top: Musselman after beating Auburn at home 2022. Bottom: Musselman after losing at home by 32 in 2024.

Edited by Grumps
  • Love 1
  • Haha 6

I think this the most consistently effective usage we've had with Jaylin ever. Especially once you qualify he's playing with other capable bigs AND on a good team. He had some juice in 2020, but...it was the 2020 team.

If you get games like this from Johni and Jaylin, then continue to get Dylan's presence as a lob threat. I mean that's as much as you can ask for 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

when you folks get finished dissing

me maybe someone can answer my question instead of being smart or cute?

The way they came out for the Auburn win in 2021, the chippiness in that game, them shutting the lights off on Auburn after winning, and the gloating since then from Arkansas fans + social media