Men vs Arky Game Thread

LOL KD... he knew he wasn't going to make that damn dunk. 😭🤣

Edited by GTNupe11

Just now, GTNupe11 said:

LOL KD... 

My goodness, had that gone down!  Definitely would have been a SC top 10.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Holloway having a rough game today. 

Tough day but it’ll be a great learning experience for him

he may be all sec before he leaves

• Like 1

Just now, OfficiatingExpert said:

Good win but sloppy. Not our best game at all. Arkansas collapsed. They aren’t as good as they’ve been. 

And it has been beautiful to watch.  Winning in that arena in this manner rarely happens.  

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

He always does it though and is sure to NOT look at anyone while doing it. Again, the sentiment is the same. 

I wouldn’t have a big issue with it.  I would treat it as celebrating alone.  

2 minutes ago, OfficiatingExpert said:

Good win but sloppy. Not our best game at all. Arkansas collapsed. They aren’t as good as they’ve been. 

Arkansas came into the game with one plan. Play physical. They had a few classless rough fouls and it woke Auburn up. The rough foul on Chaney Johnson was what started Auburn's run.

Edited by Chaotic_zx
  • Like 1

Just now, Chaotic_zx said:

Arkansas came into the game with one plan. Play physical. The had a few classless rough fouls and it woke Auburn up. The rough foul on Chaney Johnson was what started Auburn's run.

Looks like the didn’t have the huevos to follow through on that physical plan. Auburn outmanned them, I just know we can play better. Not complaining. 

Just now, mustache eagle said:

That KD pass to Broome would not have happened years past

It’s his biggest skill improvement. And no one expects him to pass so it’ll be open. 

4 minutes ago, OfficiatingExpert said:

Respectfully…What?! We are eviscerating Arky at Walton area. There is no way to call that sloppy.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, tigeraddikt said:

Respectfully…What?! We are eviscerating Arky at Walton area. There is no way to call that sloppy.

First half was

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tigeraddikt said:

Largest loss at home in Arkansas history. And we still played a sloppy first half. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice that we embarrassed those turkeys on their floor!  Setting records once again!  War Damn Eagle!

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, NCAubs said:

How do you know?  I don’t know what was said, do you?   They may have been unwarranted or completely called for.  Facts are, you don’t know.  

As a basketball official for the last 30 years, a good rule of thumb…Play and STFU.  My pregame with players is simple…

White talk to white, blue talk to blue, shirts in, pants up, hands off, mouths closed.  Sportsmanship at all times. Any questions?  (No pause). Good luck.   

Short of saying like a slur or something there was nothing that warranted a tech there based on the replay.

Everybody knows and sees people talking during each play and after each bucket. Broome does a damn celebration after each basket saying the defender is "too small". 

I hate that as somebody who has a stake in any basketball game outcome at all as a ref you said "play and STFU". That is hilarious. And sad actually. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I know it can't last, but we are absolutely destroying our opponents now. This is kind of crazy.  Been a lot of fun to watch...and a little aggravating...lol

• Like 1

Good win. Could have easily been a  40 plus points victory haha

Edited by e808
  • Like 2