Freeze dismisses DC Ron Roberts

Just now, aubiefifty said:

so i read scott is staying. then he is leaving. now i heard on  a pod he is coming back. does anyone know for a fact he is coming back? we sure need him!

Yes he is coming back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

Yes he is coming back.

thank you !

6 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

As much as I want a guy that is good with X's and O's.....We need the Jimmy's and Joe's first. No one here is arguing we do not have a talent gap with our biggest rivals. Good (as opposed to great) coaching and bringing in the guys who are difference makers, IMO, is going to make this team better than anyone could have made us this past season. 

You need to have balance. Just having the jimmy’s and joes is not going to cut it anymore. With the portal heavily involved competence is needed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EagleEye67 said:

There is some pretty stiff competition 

No kidding. The last time bama had uncertainty in their football program, Finebaum got big enough to get on satellite radio and eventually ESPN just from their fans alone. 

25 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i was just going to ask this myself. i think we had a highly rated secondary? why would you not retain crimedog?

I like McGriff a lot and hate that he is gone. But something is seriously wrong if you step away or are demoted from an on-field job in the middle of the season. Had to be weird or the players, too. Probably best to get a fresh start elsewhere, regardless of the coordinator change. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

roe tahd

Nah, I'm definitely not a Bammer. The way you spelled that is seriously about how that fanbase and their players spell though. I give them a pass though. It's gotta be damn near impossible to type or write when every finger is being weighed down with national championship and SEC championship rings. And that's just since 1992.

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 2

Just now, BoogingBarner said:

Nah, I'm definitely not a Bammer. The way you spelled that is seriously about how that fanbase and their players spell though. I give them a pass though. It's gotta be damn near impossible to type or write when every finger is being weighed down with national championship and SEC championship rings. And that's just since 1992.

uh huh

• Haha 9

3 minutes ago, BoogingBarner said:

This bit just jumped the shark

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is a bammer among us?

9 minutes ago, BoogingBarner said:

E-Town Bammer?

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

I don’t think any self respecting Auburn fan would call themselves “boogingbarner”. 

Gotta take insults and make them our own.

Okay.  Back to DC hire.

Kiffin would be a bit risky in terms of Xs & Os, but elite recruiting.  Maybe him and Kelly can be a brain trust.

Arnett would be the best Xs & Os coach.

Either solid hires, but we'd have to wait for Kiffin

36 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Trash has been taken out.

how about raking some leaves? i am old and wobbly and might fall down and hurt myself.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Mims44 said:

This^

Ron Roberts (and all coaches) need to be given 3 years at least to instill their ways of coaching.

Right guys?

Or is that only a Harsin/Freeze argument? And all other coaches it becomes a "The league moves fast nowadays, get it done in 1 year or get out"?

I just wanna make sure I'm on the same page as all you big brained folk.

A couple of Question for you 

which has a higher rate of turnover in college football, Coordinators or head coaches?

How often does Saban change coordinators?

Which coaching position needs to have the most stability to have a winning program, HC or coordinators?

9 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

What's the average tenure for a coordinator under Saban? HC should set stability overall, but it's also different with coaches leaving for better opportunities vs firing them.  What's more, I believe most that were fired lasted for more than a season.  Golding, BOB were there for a few before "leaving".  Sark got a better job.  Tucker did too (was he a DC or did he go to MSU from UGA?).  

Outside year 1 have they had a 1 season coordinator that was fired b/c they were failures or didn't work well with the staff?

Auburn has had 8 OCs in 7 years.  I believe it's not much better on the defensive side either.  We HAVE TO get some consistency.  At both the top and the Coordinators too

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

A couple of Question for you 

which has a higher rate of turnover in college football, Coordinators or head coaches?

Which coaching position needs to have the most stability to have a winning program, HC or coordinators?

Odd few questions but yes.

Question 1: Coords are fired more often than HCs, since any HC firing leads to coord firings. Then they can also be fired on their own.

Question 2: I don't know how often Saban has fired both his coordinators after a season. Can you tell me the last time he fired his OC and DC at the end of a season?

Question 3: I would say both, can you point out the great winning programs that have no stability in their coordinators? If you are better than good.. a top tier team. You are going to lose them now and then as schools will want them to be their HC. Which is a bit different than the reason Auburn has went through 10 billion coordinators in the past 10 years.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

What's the average tenure for a coordinator under Saban? HC should set stability overall, but it's also different with coaches leaving for better opportunities vs firing them.  What's more, I believe most that were fired lasted for more than a season.  Golding, BOB were there for a few before "leaving".  Sark got a better job.  Tucker did too (was he a DC or did he go to MSU from UGA?).  

Outside year 1 have they had a 1 season coordinator that was fired b/c they were failures or didn't work well with the staff?

Auburn has had 8 OCs in 7 years.  I believe it's not much better on the defensive side either.  We HAVE TO get some consistency.  At both the top and the Coordinators too

I don’t disagree with a single point..

HC stability is more important. That was my point.

Even more so when you’re rebuilding a program 

Edited by Bro Johnny Mac
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Odd few questions but yes.

Question 1: Coords are fired more often than HCs, since any HC firing leads to coord firings. Then they can also be fired on their own.

Question 2: I don't know how often Saban has fired both his coordinators after a season. Can you tell me the last time he fired his OC and DC at the end of a season?

Question 3: I would say both, can you point out the great winning programs that have no stability in their coordinators? If you are better than good.. a top tier team. You are going to lose them now and then as schools will want them to be their HC. Which is a bit different than the reason Auburn has went through 10 billion coordinators in the past 10 years.

It’s simple... why would CHF get three years or whatever and a coordinator doesn’t?
HC stability is more important than coordinator stability.

5 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Last time he fired both was last year.  Got rid of O'Brien (OC) and Golding/Kelly (Co-DCs).  Replaced by Rees and Steele respectively.

He did it one other time - after his first season when he fired Applewhite (OC) and Steele (DC), replacing them with McElwain/Pendry (OC) and Kirby Smart (DC).

Two other years he partially did it.  Fired/lost Daboll (OC) and one of his Co-DCs (Pruitt) one year.  Another he lost Lockley/Gattis (Co-OCs) and Lupoi (one of the Co-DCs).

54 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Okay.  Back to DC hire.

Kiffin would be a bit risky in terms of Xs & Os, but elite recruiting.  Maybe him and Kelly can be a brain trust.

Arnett would be the best Xs & Os coach.

Either solid hires, but we'd have to wait for Kiffin

Kiffin would be the best option.

He’s worked with CHF before and by all accounts he’s a great at recruiting.

With his experience,He could get ahold of pay calling quickly. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

With his experience,He could get ahold of pay calling quickly. 

He's under an elite NFL DC/HC in Houston.  Past rumors is he doesn't like recruiting, but going from idk 600k to 1.2 million might change his mind

2 hours ago, BoogingBarner said:

Bless him. He just can’t stay in character long enough to finish a post.

So who will admit to helping to give him 31 post count likes? 👀👀

Edited by PigskinPat
  • Like 2