Freeze dismisses DC Ron Roberts

3 hours ago, WFE12 said:

So I’m hearing this was about the culture. Staff and players had issues with him. Also why crime took a step back. Abusive language and just being disrespectful.

Abusive language huh? Sounds like the entire Auburn fanbase after the 4th and 31

• Haha 1

So all we kept hearing was that Charles Kelly was hired to be safeties coach and co-DC. Then we kept getting told that Ron Roberts raised hell about having to be a co-DC and he still wanted to be the full DC. And now Florida has hired hired Ron Roberts to be linebackers coach and......wait for it.......CO-DC!!!!! So he supposedly doesn't want to be a co-DC and is pissed off here but he goes to Florida to be the co-DC? And it's being spun by Auburn as Hugh Freeze fired Roberts. Why did he wait and fire him nearly 6 weeks after our regular season ended? Makes no sense at all

It truly sounds like Ron Roberts pulled a Derek Mason and jumped off a sinking ship. I think he left on his own because of how this program is being ran just like Derek Mason did. When all that craziness was happening with Harsin after year 1, everybody made 9 million excuses for Harsin and claimed it was all headed in the right direction but we now know it was just BS media spinning stuff so we didn't look bad. This feels exactly the same. 

It feels so good being more aligned from top to bottom than we've ever been and everybody's pulling in the same direction. 🙄 

How about we stop hiring head coaches from Boise and Liberty for a change? Both seemed to be very overwhelmed by this job. Why can't our PTB grow a set and go hire a real coach that's actually proven something at a Power 5 program or NFL program? 

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 9
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 3

18 minutes ago, woodford said:

Abusive language huh? Sounds like the entire Auburn fanbase after the 4th and 31

If they were so offended by Ron Roberts language then they would've turtled up and cried playing for Rodney Garner, Bill Parcells, Muschamp, Saban and about a million other coaches.

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, AcUmen said:

Roberts is the reason McGriff left and why Scott threatened to enter portal. 

Yet Asante is a fan.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Yet Asante is a fan.

Apparently Roberts got him playing time. Looked like the right choice too as he was mostly a high spot for us.

Edited by Hank2020
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DAG said:

I don’t have the disdain for Roberts like some have here. Definitely out performed the offense. However, he will be tainted forever after that 4th and Hugh Freeze call. 

Held Georgia, Bama, Ole Miss to less than 28 points but everybody points to one play. Remember the Tuberville years it was fire your coordinators and if next year is still bad, you're fired. Maybe Freeze is feeling the heat? I'll bet anything our defense is worse next year as far as ppg and that's truly the only stat that matters at the end of the day. Our fans think everything will magically turn around next year but some talented WR's and a 4 star QB from a little Arkansas school won't work miracles. We are in trouble at the real positions that matter the most.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BoogingBarner said:

Roberts was unemployed for like 5 minutes and then gets hired to the same position at a bigger program. Maybe it ain't the DC's fault?

Bigger?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Elephant Tipper said:

CK's defenses at FSU were ranked #9, #45, #29, #49  He's a good DC.  And he's an excellent recruiter.

That's not a good average, it's a decent one. We need a great DC.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WFE12 said:

So I’m hearing this was about the culture. Staff and players had issues with him. Also why crime took a step back. Abusive language and just being disrespectful.

None of thiss post is news  FTR.

9 minutes ago, BoogingBarner said:

Roberts was unemployed for like 5 minutes and then gets hired to the same position at a bigger program. Maybe it ain't the DC's fault?

Florida should be bigger than Auburn but outside the Spurrier years they haven’t been.  I would say Urban too but Urban Meyer never beat Auburn.  Also I think Florida and Florida State were both pretty bad until the 80s.

3 hours ago, GreenTiger said:

Wondering if the potential Kieonte transfer has anything to with Robert’s leaving 

@GreenTiger I saw where Key didn't acrually enter the portal. If he had though, it was to weigh his options & still potentially return to AU.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WFE12 said:

I also think Ron is why Scott entered the portal 

@WFE12 If he had, it would have been because of all the changes without him communicated about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, imaolgatiger said:

I’m thinking that person is a closet Bam tard? 

He came out of the closet with his user name.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, LPTiger said:

From the end of the UGA game to the start of the LSU game, our defense gave up points on 7 straight drives...   I'm not sure that has ever happened before at AU.

@LPTiger Pretty sure A&M alone did it in the 63-21 beat down in 2012. 

18 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Bigger?

He's an idiot so.....

• Haha 3

File this away. The only bright spot this year was the recruiting class.

Those guys built the relationships with … wait for it …. the coordinators and position coaches.

Danny sure does need a lot to go right next year. 

Edited by AU120289
  • Love 1

42 minutes ago, BoogingBarner said:

It feels so good being more aligned from top to bottom than we've ever been and everybody's pulling in the same direction. 🙄 

This has not aged well 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, AU120289 said:

File this away. The only bought spot this year was the recruiting class.

Those guys built the relationships with … wait for it …. the coordinators and position coaches.

Danny sure does need a lot to go right next year. 

Damn

1 hour ago, Auburn93 said:

If there is one thing different, then there should be no comparison. Here are the differences and they are big. He was hired by a legit AD, he has a great relationship with the boosters, he recruits like a mad man, he speaks well with the media, he is respected by other SEC and high school coaches. You need to get over this idea that he was not a good hire. You just don't understand that the college game is about yearly change now. 

Excellent summary.  I'll go one further.  CK will be hc at AU one day and fans will be thankful for that day.  If ever there will have been a man groomed to be hc at AU, it's CK.

WAR DAMN KELLY !!!

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2