Georgia special prosecutor bills time for talking to White House Counsel

It gets even better. Turns out Wade is tapping that fani.

https://www.ajc.com/politics/breaking-filing-alleges-improper-relationship-between-fulton-da-top-trump-prosecutor/A2N2OWCM7FFWJBQH2ORAK2BKMQ/

District Attorney Fani Willis improperly hired an alleged romantic partner to prosecute Donald Trump and financially benefited from their relationship, according to a court motion filed Monday which argued the criminal charges in the case were unconstitutional.

The bombshell public filing alleged that special prosecutor Nathan Wade, a private attorney, paid for lavish vacations he took with Willis using the Fulton County funds his law firm received. County records show that Wade, who has played a prominent role in the election interference case, has been paid nearly $654,000 in legal fees since January 2022. The DA authorizes his compensation.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2024 at 10:49 AM, Cardin Drake said:

You can't make this stuff up.

He didn't invoice the White House.  He billed Fulton County and on his time sheet he billed for 8 hours, which, according to his description, was for travel to Athens and Conf with White House Counsel.  I would agree that what he has billed Fulton County to date is outlandish and that the District Attorney's office should be questioned. However, it isn't a defense to illegal acts by Donald Trump and his clown corps.

• Facepalm 1

While the case is almost as ridiculous as the New York fraud case, the legal jeopardy is real.  I'm not sure what the term is for the opposite of jury nullification is, but while the democrats pursue lawfare against Trump, they realize that certain venues will convict no matter what the facts are. It will be overturned on appeal, but the conviction before the election is all that matters. Fortunately Fani and her fanny have probably blown this case. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardin Drake said:

While the case is almost as ridiculous as the New York fraud case.... 

I'd say you destroyed your credibility with this, but you already had none, so.....

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

The fact that he billed time to Fulton County for working with White House Lawyer smells whether anything ontoward happened or not. Then having an affair with the DA makes it worse.

I don't  see how this won't  derail this prosecution whether what they are prosecuting is legitimate or not.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

The fact that he billed time to Fulton County for working with White House Lawyer smells whether anything ontoward happened or not. Then having an affair with the DA makes it worse.

I don't  see how this won't  derail this prosecution whether what they are prosecuting is legitimate or not.

It's a (classic) red herring. 

Unprofessional maybe, but it doesn't alter the facts of the case.

• Facepalm 1

Any time the lead attorney and the Da are in an unprofessional relationship and the DA has stated she wants to get Trump it does impact the case. Then add he consulted White House attorney who has nothing to do with Fulton County and it gives the appearance of political impropriety.

I am not saying Trump is innocent or guilty but at best the whole process would have to be started anew without this attorney and this DA which means their incompetence has bought Trump at least a year meaning this will have no impact on the election. 

Edited by AuburnNTexas

How do you hand the Democrats an almost surefire win and they turn it into:

1) an ugly scandal

2) get a marginally (being VERY VERY VERY generous here) qualified attorney to prosecute the case.

3) Sully it all up with a mountain of totally ethically questionable behavior 

4) turn a slam-dunk loss by trump into a fairly large PR win for him.

• Like 2

On 1/21/2024 at 12:01 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

A sitting U.S. President engaged in a plan to change the outcome of the valid results of the  Georgia election by replacing the electors certified by the State, replacing them with his hand picked electors, in order to secure his re-election.  Before going to this extreme, he called the Secretary of State of Georgia and demanded that he find the necessary votes to change the results.  Does that sound acceptable in any way?  That is what he is being prosecuted for.  That is what several of his co-defendants have pleaded guilty to and detailed the plan by which they attempted to accomplish their goals.

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

A sitting U.S. President engaged in a plan to change the outcome of the valid results of the election in Georgia by replacing the electors certified by the State and replacing them with his hand picked electors, in order to secure his re-election.  Before going to this extreme, he called the Secretary of State of Georgia and demanded that he find the necessary votes to change the results.  Does that sound acceptable in any way?  That is what he is being prosecuted for.  That is what several of his co-defendants have pleaded guilty to and detailed the plan by which they attempted to accomplish their goals.

Folks can only follow a plot if they’re halfway open to the truth.

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

A sitting U.S. President engaged in a plan to change the outcome of the valid results of the election in Georgia by replacing the electors certified by the State and replacing them with his hand picked electors, in order to secure his re-election.  Before going to this extreme, he called the Secretary of State of Georgia and demanded that he find the necessary votes to change the results.  Does that sound acceptable in any way?  That is what he is being prosecuted for.  That is what several of his co-defendants have pleaded guilty to and detailed the plan by which they attempted to accomplish their goals.

If you will notice I said I was not saying if Trump was innocent or guilty. My point was there can not be corruption in the prosecution whether that corruption is related to the crime and also there can't  be the appearance of political bias that you get when Fulton County prosecutor interfaces with Biden's White House council.

I am not against the investigation, but because of the involvement between DA and Chief Prosecutor they may need to start over without either the Prosecutor or the DA involved.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

If you will notice I said I was not saying if Trump was innocent or guilty. My point was there can not be corruption in the prosecution whether that corruption is related to the crime and also there can't  be the appearance of political bias that you get when Fulton County prosecutor interfaces with Biden's White House council.

I am not against the investigation, but because of the involvement between DA and Chief Prosecutor they may need to start over without either the Prosecutor or the DA involved.

We should know more in the near future.  As for meeting with White House counsel, that depends on the context of the meeting.  I agree that what we have seen so far is sloppy and disjointed.  We just don't know how much of it is based in actual facts and how much is the truth being stretched and manipulated.    I've never been a fan of RICO charges, but this set of facts is textbook for those charges.   People need to realize that what took place is not ok.  What took place was something unseen in the history of the country.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

.......I've never been a fan of RICO charges, but this set of facts is textbook for those charges.   People need to realize that what took place is not ok.  What took place was something unseen in the history of the country.

Absolutely. 

Protesting the outcome of an election and/or initiating a lawsuit challenging it, is one thing. 

Active planning to circumvent it is quite another.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

Uh-Oh

https://nypost.com/2024/01/25/news/fani-willis-financial-disclosure-omits-travel-paid-for-by-nathan-wade/

In a section of the financial disclosure that asks the DA to disclose gifts or favors valued over $100 from “prohibited sources,” Willis answered, “None,” the Daily Caller reported Thursday. 

On Oct. 4, 2022, Wade paid $477.21 for an American Airlines ticket to Miami in Willis’ name, according to bank statements filed in a Cobb County, Ga., court by his estranged wife, Jocelyn Wade, as part of their divorce proceedings.

The Fulton County Code of Ethics deems that “prohibited sources” include persons “doing business with the county,” such as Wade.

2 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

Uh-Oh

https://nypost.com/2024/01/25/news/fani-willis-financial-disclosure-omits-travel-paid-for-by-nathan-wade/

In a section of the financial disclosure that asks the DA to disclose gifts or favors valued over $100 from “prohibited sources,” Willis answered, “None,” the Daily Caller reported Thursday. 

On Oct. 4, 2022, Wade paid $477.21 for an American Airlines ticket to Miami in Willis’ name, according to bank statements filed in a Cobb County, Ga., court by his estranged wife, Jocelyn Wade, as part of their divorce proceedings.

The Fulton County Code of Ethics deems that “prohibited sources” include persons “doing business with the county,” such as Wade.

You are assuming that he was a prohibited source at the time of the disclosure.  A friend can buy you a plane ticket without that being disclosed.

Also, keep in mind, an ethics violation on her part does not impact the indictments or prosecution.

Edited by AU9377

• 4 weeks later...

Trump's lawyer's have Wade's cell phone records. They support the witness who testified that the Fani -Wade relationship began earlier than 2022.  I think this is ball game over. She will be disqualified from the case. Will there be perjury charges?

GHB_RW7XIAACjLM?format=jpg&name=medium

1 hour ago, Cardin Drake said:

Trump's lawyer's have Wade's cell phone records. They support the witness who testified that the Fani -Wade relationship began earlier than 2022.  I think this is ball game over. She will be disqualified from the case. Will there be perjury charges?

GHB_RW7XIAACjLM?format=jpg&name=medium

35 times.

Is evidence allowed for DEI elected officials.  We will find out.

Are you guys actually questioning billing one's time in an official capacity?

Also, if you don't live in Fulton county and pay taxes there, why do you give a rip?

Edited by creed

6 minutes ago, creed said:

Are you guys actually questioning billing one's time in an official capacity?

Also, if you don't live in Fulton county and pay taxes there, why do you give a rip?

The questioning and concerns are centered on the improper relationship between DA Willis and her "ex-lover" Mr. Wade who apparently was assigned by DA Willis to prosecute the case following the onset of their romantic relationship.  

Edited by JMWATS

2 hours ago, JMWATS said:

The questioning and concerns are centered on the improper relationship between DA Willis and her "ex-lover" Mr. Wade who apparently was assigned by DA Willis to prosecute the case following the onset of their romantic relationship.  

Looks like this topic is about billing for his time on the job.

The problem that still exists is showing how this is a conflict with regards to the prosecution of the indictments that make up the underlying case.  We know for a fact that he wasn't her first choice.  She offered at least two other people before hiring the 3 prosecutors she did hire.  Keep in mind, Wade is not the only special prosecutor that was hired to work on this case.

She testified as to when their romantic relationship began. She also testified as to the existence of a personal relationship/friendship before the romantic relationship.  Phone records aren't going to prove those statements to be false.  They serve one purpose... to muddy the water.

Alleging a conflict isn't usually enough without proof of an actual conflict of interest of some kind.

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

She offered at least two other people before hiring the 3 prosecutors she did hire. 

Do you have any idea why they turned he down?  I guess there was no other available?

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Do you have any idea why they turned he down?  I guess there was no other available?

One testified that the headache that came with the case, due to the defendants, made it not worth the trouble. You and I both know that there were others available.  The question is whether she had the authority to appoint whoever she wants.  The answer to that is yes.  That comes with her title. 

Personally, I think it is a fleecing when any DA brings in several prosecutors to do the work of his or her office, but it isn't uncommon.  In fact, it is uncommon for that not to happen.  The judge in this case needs to take the bull by the horns and move on.  Deciding either way is likely to result in an appeal, but that appeal doesn't have to be something that impedes the prosecution.  That appeal can be preserved for post verdict. 

Edited by AU9377

On 1/21/2024 at 12:01 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

Why?

Precisely how does it prejudice the defendants case?

What does it have to do with the facts of the case?

Republicans/Trump's attorneys are making such a big deal of this precisely because they want the DA to recuse herself. 

Under Georgia law, this also prevents anyone else in the Fulton county justice department from picking up the case.  If the DA is recused, the entire Fulton county justice department is recused.

Since there is no chance of another county in GA picking up on the case by indicting Trump on similar charges, the whole case disappears.

About 14:00

Edited by homersapien