Zac Etheridge to Houston

i read that he was the cat that got perry to sign with us. i hope we have not lost too much in recruiting. i wish him well in all he does.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i read that he was the cat that got perry to sign with us. i hope we have not lost too much in recruiting. i wish him well in all he does.

If Kiffin, McGriff and Derrick Nix come aboard, I think itll be a better group top to bottom in recruiting. Also, unlike our previous coaches this HC is the driving force in recruiting most of these players. We’re not as dependent on the assistants doing the heavy lifting by themselves

Edited by CR
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CR said:

If Kiffin, McGriff and Derrick Nix come aboard, I think itll be a better group top to bottom in recruiting.

you got any thoughts on Kiffen? the knock on him is his own brother will not hire him now? is it bull like most of the other stuff? thanx for replying.

5 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you got any thoughts on Kiffen? the knock on him is his own brother will not hire him now? is it bull like most of the other stuff? thanx for replying.

I just know Freeze tried to hire him when he got here and his NFL job made the timing too hard to work out. Hes had several NFL and college jobs and I think D Line is his speciality. Lane hired him to Ole Miss and he left within a very short timespan. I want to say maybe he didnt want to spend so much time on the recruiting trail, but that may not be correct. Hes supposedly very much a players coach. Someone can correct me if Im off here.

• Thanks 1

It just seems like to me we have been gutted with Caddy and Zac leaving.  I hope I’m wrong.  Those are Auburn guys to their core.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Drama Drama Drama. 😢 Why us? It is not the turnover in Coaching , it is the timing and the stories.
Never seen two schools so closely connected, both firmly anchored in their roles in the rivalry. If AU/bama were boxers and AU knocked bammer out , then on the backswing AU would also knock itself out.  Just the way the drama goes. 
Finally seeing Saban retire and AU spirit at a all time high and whoosh, rumors gush out and Caddy drives off with Zach on the tail fin??  
 Maybe we will ( seriously) NO doubt we will replace these great AU men with qualified men  AU will be better!!

But Gosh Willy, For one time could we do this without the drama??????

War “Less Drama” Eagle!!!!!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, lost said:

Drama Drama Drama. 😢 Why us? It is not the turnover in Coaching , it is the timing and the stories.
Never seen two schools so closely connected, both firmly anchored in their roles in the rivalry. If AU/bama were boxers and AU knocked bammer out , then on the backswing AU would also knock itself out.  Just the way the drama goes. 
Finally seeing Saban retire and AU spirit at a all time high and whoosh, rumors gush out and Caddy drives off with Zach on the tail fin??  
 Maybe we will ( seriously) NO doubt we will replace these great AU men with qualified men  AU will be better!!

So we just let things go? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weagl1 said:

It just seems like to me we have been gutted with Caddy and Zac leaving.  I hope I’m wrong.  Those are Auburn guys to their core.  

If you love Auburn, Auburn will love you back! Cadillac Williams 2023 😡

• Thanks 1

If this was gonna happen … absolutely the best timing.  No one outside the fan base gives a rip about our assistant coaches while the saban love fest is going on.

Fill our oc and dc roles with proven coaches/recruiters as nix/kiffen appear to be and we hit this new era of Auburn football with an absolute bang going to 2024 and beyond.  This is the beginning of a stellar run in Auburn football lady’s and gents!  Jump on for the ride!

Edited by mustache eagle
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, lost said:

It's just not Auburn.  But Auburn does have bad leadership and doesn't understand how to handle the media.

Trust me, EVERY university in this country has drama amongst faculty and staff (and the coaching staff is STAFF.  They don't "earn" tenure) I can tell you more stories at uat that you won't know that would make you madder than a hatter, and just how the university keeps it under wraps.  Especially drug issues and professor/student relationships. 

It was widely known that there were MANY "consensual" professor/student relationships going on when I was there in the Instrumental area and also in the Business school, in the Criminal Justice area. Not to mention the Law School.

That school KNOWS how to work the media

Edited by 1716AU
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

It's just not Auburn.  But Auburn does have bad leadership and don't understand how to handle the media.

Trust me, EVERY university in this country has drama amongst faculty and staff (and the coaching staff is STAFF.  They don't "earn" tenure) I can tell you more stories at uat that you won't know that would make you madder than a hatter, and just how the university keeps it under wraps.  Especially drug issues and professor/student relationships. 

It was widely known that there were MANY "consensual" professor/student relationships going on when I was there in the Instrumental area and also in the Business school, in the Criminal Justice area. Not to mention the Law School.

That is all very true (other than the leadership part).  The problem is that when it is connected to someone in the athletic dept., the scrutiny is much more intense due to Title IX.  It is common place in the graduate and professional schools.

Edited by AU9377
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

It's just not Auburn.  But Auburn does have bad leadership and doesn't understand how to handle the media.

Just curious, but are you a bammer grad?

• Haha 2
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

So we just let things go? 

1st , who knows what we supposedly are dealing with any way? 
2nd, you missed my point altogether, 😊 

Yes, we unfortunately have to fix “ WHO “ we are, and let us do that!  Let’s don’t miss this golden opportunity to close the gap and right the ship.

But —- Please Tiger Family, pull together, and not let the bama hate rub off on us

Zac and Caddy were the best parts of this staff IMO. I loved their passion, recruiting, and alum connection. So much for "alignment." I though Freeze was smart to retain them when he arrived and am disheartened that he didn't do more to have one or both stay.

I am really hoping Marcus Davis is retained, because even with the rumors, I didn't think this would actually happen, but am now expecting more former Liberty and Ole Miss staff to replace them just like what happened as Harsin's original staff fell apart. And the timing couldn't be worse with Saban retiring. 

Back to only getting excited about AU Basketball. 🤪

Edited by HAPvsOA
  • Facepalm 3
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, HAPvsOA said:

Zac and Caddy were the best parts of this staff IMO. I loved their passion, recruiting, and alum connection. So much for "alignment." I though Freeze was smart to retain them when he arrived and am disheartened that he didn't do more to have one or both stay.

I didn't see this coming, but am expecting more former Liberty and Ole Miss staff to replace them just like what happened as Harsin's original staff fell apart. And the timing couldn't be worse with Saban retiring. 

Back to only getting excited about AU Basketball. 🤪

This was a UNIVERSITY decision and not Hugh’s. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, WarTim said:

This was a UNIVERSITY decision and not Hugh’s. 

I've been putting out some fires at work since last night, so I missed all of this. Is there a TL; DR on why the university wouldn't retain two of their biggest alum recruiters? And I don't see this happening if Freeze wanted to keep them. This doesn't make any sense unless there is something else I'm missing. 

Is Marcus Davis next? 

• Facepalm 3

4 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

I've been putting out some fires at work since last night, so I missed all of this. Is there a TL; DR on why the university wouldn't retain two of their biggest alum recruiters? And I don't see this happening if Freeze wanted to keep them. This doesn't make any sense unless there is something else I'm missing. 

Is Marcus Davis next? 

The TL;DR is that it's a personal matter and though the decision on them was necessary they have no desire to drag them or their families through all that.

And no, Marcus Davis is not next.  He just brought in one of the best WR classes in history.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

The TL;DR is that it's a personal matter and though the decision on them was necessary they have no desire to drag them or their families through all that.

And no, Marcus Davis is not next.  He just brought in one of the best WR classes in history.  

Thank you.

17 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

Hell NO!

Yale.

Cool! War Eagle! I have several friends that are bammer fans but graduated from Auburn. I’ve never met a bammer grad that’s an Auburn fan. 

• Facepalm 1

36 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I get people are closed lipped about details.

But is it known Zac and Caddy were having the same issue? Or have some posters just thrown that out there cause Zak took the new job right on the heels of Caddy announcement?

The fact Houston picked him right up would make me assume he was not part of it, or his part was so minor another school wouldn't care about it.

1 minute ago, Mims44 said:

I get people are closed lipped about details.

But is it known Zac and Caddy were having the same issue? Or have some posters just thrown that out there cause Zak took the new job right on the heels of Caddy announcement?

The fact Houston picked him right up would make me assume he was not part of it, or his part was so minor another school wouldn't care about it.

It's not the same issue exactly, but there's some "adjacency."

• Like 2