Drone Attack Kills Soldiers

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

This is undeniable:

The man took everything that was working and reversed it just to feed his ego.  This man needs to go.

What exactly "was working?" 

Ted Cruz and the far right consistently distort parts of the Nuclear deal with Iran.  I could spend 20 minutes going in detail about why this is just a cherry picked claim without real legs, but it would do no good.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

What exactly "was working?" 

Ted Cruz and the far right consistently distort parts of the Nuclear deal with Iran.  I could spend 20 minutes going in detail about why this is just a cherry picked claim without real legs, but it would do no good.

I’m sure you could.  Iran was squawking about being a poor nation because of oil sanctions in 2019 and now, not so much:

“U.S. officials privately acknowledge they’ve gradually relaxed some enforcement of sanctions on Iranian oil sales,” Bloomberg News revealed last month. The dollar value of this sanctions relief can be calculated by estimating how much Iranian exports increased due to lighter enforcement, then projecting how much these additional sales have been worth. In August, Iran reported exports of 1.7 millionbarrels of crude oil per day (mbpd), a level not seen since March 2019. Others put the figure even higher, at 2.2 mbpd, although this memo will use the UANI Tanker Tracker database, which uses publicly available data going back to April 2018. By contrast, Tehran exported an average of 0.775 mbpd while facing the “maximum pressure” campaign waged by the Trump administration. Depending on the discount Iran offered to incentivize purchases from a sanctioned government, the estimated value of Tehran’s additional oil sales — the difference between its realized revenue and what it would have earned had its exports remained at the maximum pressure period’s average level — was $26.3 to $29.5 billion dollars, a number that will continue growing while enforcement remains lax.

https://www.fdd.org/analysis/2023/09/28/the-monetary-value-of-relaxed-oil-sanctions-enforcement-by-the-biden-administration/

But money isn’t what drives Iran or any other country right?

Trump killed one of their generals and they did NOTHING.  Trump had them under control.  What happened between 2019 and today where Iran, with their proxies, have attacked US bases and military personnel?  Should Biden acquiesce to Iran again?  Would this not telegraph to all radicals that if you kill enough Jews, Biden will do nothing and, in the end, be rewarded with money.  This is how terrorists win.

More pressure on Biden:

Arab and Muslim voters and community leaders in Michigan rejected a listening session with President Joe Biden’s campaign set for Friday afternoon, amid frustrations that the White House has taken their votes for granted as it continues to support the Israeli assault on Gaza.

Members of the Biden campaign reached out to local leaders in the metro Detroit area — home to the country’s largest Arabic-speaking population — to set up a meeting with Arab and Muslim community members so they could discuss voter concerns, mainly the war in Gaza, according to organizers.

Some Arab and Muslim leaders initially hoped to use the meeting, set at an undisclosed location, for participants to voice their misgivings about the White House’s support for Israel’s offensive, which has been ongoing since Oct. 7. They were also concerned about the president’s recent comments dismissing vows by Arabs and Muslims to not vote for him.

But the plans were derailed after many members of Arab and Muslim communities hesitated or refused entirely to consider such a meeting, several Michigan residents told HuffPost.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/arab-and-muslim-leaders-in-michigan-cancel-meeting-with-biden-campaign_n_65b40a19e4b077c17ab51e2e

The leader of the *Free World* is being manipulated by voters in his own country so he can stay in power.  Can you show me one thing this man has done that is a plus for America?  He shuts down US LNG exports because of the existential threat of * Climate Change* and lifts sanctions on Iranian oil.  Does he have a plan?   And who does it benefit?

• Like 2

On 1/30/2024 at 3:11 PM, Son of A Tiger said:

I'm not implying anything. Just stating facts. Why is that BS? Maybe you can tell us what our POTUS and SECDEF have done otherwise in response?Ever consider deleting your post when and if you come to your senses?

Perhaps they are thinking and planning.  Knee jerk reactions are seldom effective and can be actually be counterproductive.

On 1/30/2024 at 5:43 PM, CoffeeTiger said:

Some Republicans are calling for a war with Iran in response. Is that the general attitude from the Conservatives on here?

Guess these MAGA fools aren't aware of what really happened in the Tonkin Gulf.  Or maybe they are?

That turned out well.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

10 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Guess these MAGA fools aren't aware of what really happened in the Tonkin Gulf.  Or maybe they are?

That turned out well.  :rolleyes:

From here on thru the election, everything will be in simpleton terms from MAGA types.  Biden is evil and Trump's first term was perfect in every way.  Sanity be damned.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

12 hours ago, AU9377 said:

We have 1.3 million active duty military.  I understand that not all of that number are trained deployment ready troops, but with a military of that size and a budget layout of over $850 billion, the idea that we aren't positioned to be the most capable armed forces on the planet leads to a lot of questions over what is being spent and who is actually padding their pockets.

I agree on the mismanagement of spending, but I don’t believe we are as prepared as we need to be considering the threats we have. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

From here on thru the election, everything will be in simpleton terms from MAGA types.  Biden is evil and Trump's first term was perfect in every way.  Sanity be damned.

And the rest of us will wish both would fall off a cliff. 

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

Why won’t the Democrats replace Biden as the nominee?  They would win in a landslide.  Please explain why that won’t happen, should it?

What does he stand for that is so appealing to the left, or is he running on the same platform as 2020; he isn’t Trump?

29 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Why won’t the Democrats replace Biden as the nominee?  They would win in a landslide.  Please explain why that won’t happen, should it?

What does he stand for that is so appealing to the left, or is he running on the same platform as 2020; he isn’t Trump?

That is truly rich coming from Republicans.  He is an incumbent President.  I don't claim to be a Democrat and have knowledge of the inner workings of the party.  However, what I do know is that both parties traditionally nominate their candidate for a second term after the first.  When you remove the nonsense that claims that he is incoherent and all that bs, the fact that he is on the ballot really isn't that surprising. 

Republicans have nominated a very flawed candidate, while having other choices they could have readily made. When Biden beats Trump again, what will the excuse be this time?

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Perhaps they are thinking and planning.  Knee jerk reactions are seldom effective and can be actually be counterproductive.

You mean like getting out our people we left in Afghanistan?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

You mean like getting out our people we left in Afghanistan?

133,000 plus Afghans just wasn't enough? 

13 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

133,000 plus Afghans just wasn't enough? 

Surely you are joking. We left 200 or more Americans behind and that's OK with you?

Edited by Son of A Tiger

35 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

That is truly rich coming from Republicans.  He is an incumbent President.  I don't claim to be a Democrat and have knowledge of the inner workings of the party.  However, what I do know is that both parties traditionally nominate their candidate for a second term after the first.  When you remove the nonsense that claims that he is incoherent and all that bs, the fact that he is on the ballot really isn't that surprising. 

Republicans have nominated a very flawed candidate, while having other choices they could have readily made. When Biden beats Trump again, what will the excuse be this time?

His approval rating is around 37% or so.  LBJ was man enough to call off his election for his 2nd term, so there is president.  So, I guess you’re saying the only reason a Dem would support Biden in the upcoming election is to keep Trump from being re-elected.  It couldn’t for any other reason.  Putting the incoherent claims aside, Biden has not made many stellar decisions lately.

Edited by I_M4_AU
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

His approval rating is around 37% or so.  LBJ was man enough to call off his election for his 2nd term, so there is president.  So, I guess you’re saying the only reason a Dem would support Biden in the upcoming election is to keep Trump from being re-elected.  It couldn’t for any other reason.  Putting the incoherent claims aside, Biden has not made many stellar decisions lately.

Hold on, your complaining Biden, the current President, is the Democratic candidate because of his poor approval rating, but then say nothing about 1, Trump's bid for 2nd term and his low approval ratings and 2, don't say anything about giving him a 2nd chance after already losing to Biden the 1st time? I think there is some famous quote about doing the same thing multiple times and expecting different results.

5 minutes ago, arein0 said:

Hold on, your complaining Biden, the current President, is the Democratic candidate because of his poor approval rating, but then say nothing about 1, Trump's bid for 2nd term and his low approval ratings and 2, don't say anything about giving him a 2nd chance after already losing to Biden the 1st time? I think there is some famous quote about doing the same thing multiple times and expecting different results.

Typical leftist look at things.  I was discussing why Dems want Biden when they could have other candidates with less bagage that could win the election without the drama.  I was purposefully staying away from Trump to determine what the Dems were thinking.  You and the other lefty’s on the board just can’t help yourself.  It’s not about Biden it’s about Trump and I have found out what I needed to know .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Typical leftist look at things.  I was discussing why Dems want Biden when they could have other candidates with less bagage that could win the election without the drama.  I was purposefully staying away from Trump to determine what the Dems were thinking.  You and the other lefty’s on the board just can’t help yourself.  It’s not about Biden it’s about Trump and I have found out what I needed to know .

Typical leftist look? Your party is nominating a candidate that has lost 2 election cycles in a row (presidency and some seats) and instead of looking inwards at the actual problem, you are pointing fingers at the other side. I forgot that's your definition of "accountability" :poke:

Get a better candidate and maybe you will force the Dems to switch candidates, and if not, guess what you will more than likely win the election. 

1 minute ago, arein0 said:

Get a better candidate and maybe you will force the Dems to switch candidates, and if not, guess what you will more than likely win the election. 

Why would what Republicans do dictate what Dems should do?  Can you guys just stand on principle one time?

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Why would what Republicans do dictate what Dems should do?  Can you guys just stand on principle one time?

The goal of the party is to win the election, right?

If one side wins and 4 years later the losing side is too stupid to run a different candidate, you run the proven success. Why even risk making a change when you have already won this match up before?

Take a stand on principle? You guys are running someone convicted of sexual assault. 

• Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, arein0 said:

Take a stand on principle? You guys are running someone convicted of sexual assault. 

When did this happen?  Surely you’re not talking about E Jean Carrol are you?

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

When did this happen?  Surely you’re not talking about E Jean Carrol are you?

He was convicted, was he not?

2 hours ago, arein0 said:

He was convicted, was he not?

He was found liable for sexual abuse in a civil trail.  It was not a criminal charge.

It’s interesting that E Jean Carroll’s claim was past the Statute of Limitation and somehow E Jean talked the DA into giving a her a shot at Trump and they agreed to extend the SOL for a year and that is when she brought charges.  This looks a lot like a *witch hunt* to most thinking people.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, arein0 said:

photo-secret-young-man-makes-260nw-1186049194.webp.89731857cb2389d4d581fee11d2069bc.webp

;)

• Haha 1

I've gone through all these threads and no one has commented on why we have multiples of military bases scattered across Syria, Jordan and Iraq, and oh yeah we are in Yemen too. What exactly is our mission over there? I've heard we are fighting ISIS, but I've not seen any evidence of that. I've also heard we are protecting oil fields from the bad guys. My son fortunately just returned alive and unhurt from one of the Syrian outposts that was repeatedly attacked. He also previously deployed with SEALS in Yemen. So until someone can share with me what the US mission is in the Middle East and convince me it is worth the life of one US service member, then I'll continue to question the incompetent US administration and DOD leadership.

• Thanks 1