Drone Attack Kills Soldiers

The drone attack that killed 3 American soldiers in Jordan and injured many others reveals the weakness and incompetency of our POTUS and SECDEF. We do nothing but talk and blow smoke in response.

Jordan drone attack: Three US troops killed at Tower 22, more than 30 injured | CNN Politics

Edited by Son of A Tiger
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

The drone attack that killed 3 American soldiers in Jordan and injured many others reveals the weakness and incompetency of our POTUS and SECDEF. We do nothing but talk and blow smoke in response.

Jordan drone attack: Three US troops killed at Tower 22, more than 30 injured | CNN Politics

YOU are implying they do not care and that is just bullsh*t. i cannot say it any other way.

Should have had transponders on friendly drones and the air defense system would have identified the enemy drone as it was not squawking.  Hard to figure how it was “mixed up”.  
Incompetence and weakness are accurate descriptions of our current leadership. I’m sure they care. Maybe not enough to play hardball with enemies. It’s not personal, it’s a culture.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

YOU are implying they do not care and that is just bullsh*t. i cannot say it any other way.

I'm not implying anything. Just stating facts. Why is that BS? Maybe you can tell us what our POTUS and SECDEF have done otherwise in response?

• Haha 1

Some Republicans are calling for a war with Iran in response. Is that the general attitude from the Conservatives on here? 

It's a terrible tragedy, but the smart play is to investigate who and where this attack originated from and then strike accordingly like we seem to be doing. 

I'd rather we respond accordingly in a few days/week rather than take rash actions that lead to more chaos and death later down the road. 

No need to use the deaths of our nations military members to try and take cheap political potshots at Biden. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Some Republicans are calling for a war with Iran in response. Is that the general attitude from the Conservatives on here? 

No, the smart play would be to hit Iran with a strategic strike that shows *don’t* instead of just saying it.

It's a terrible tragedy, but the smart play is to investigate who and where this attack originated from and then strike accordingly like we seem to be doing. 

This is the problem with this administration, they will talk themselves out of any retailiation because they can’t prove 100% it came from Iran or we hit Iraq because it came from there and Iran could care less about their proxies.  Oh, and I believe we still have troops in Iraq.

No need to use the deaths of our nations military members to try and take cheap political potshots at Biden. 

He keeps doing stupid things daily.  Can he show America that he stands up for the American soldier?  Can he just get off the fence and not be so weak?

ETA: the first thing we need to do is freeze whatever is left of the $6 billion Biden released earlier.  And you wonder why it is easy to shots at Biden.

Edited by I_M4_AU
  • Thanks 1

I'd rather we respond accordingly in a few days/week rather than take rash actions that lead to more chaos and death later down the road. 

You mean like we did in Afghanistan,,,,,,,leave a lot of our guys behind along with billions of weapons used by the bad guys to kill more Americans?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Biden sets himself up for potshots. 

I agree for a precise response, but after nearly 170 strikes against our forces in the region we need to get a bit more bullish. 

• Like 2

If Iran turns into a hot war it’s impossible to predict how the entire Middle East responds. It’s a perpetual time bomb. Putting carrier groups and nearby troops in range of harms way was/is rolling the dice every day.  

Blowing the hell out of the bully always sounds right but with Russia trying to reassemble the Soviet Union, China eyeing Taiwan (which strategically is the biggest problem), North Korea looking to drop a missile on somebody … and the Middle East always ready to go jihad crazy - people better be thinking big picture as well. We’re stretched thin.

However if one of those soldiers was my kid I definitely say the hell with the big picture and blast the bully back to the Stone Age.

10 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

We’re stretched thin.

I wonder why we are stretched thin?  Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

I wonder why we are stretched thin?  Any thoughts?

Ah, I forgot maga logic.  We acquiesce to Putin’s expanding into Europe but man up to Iran and the entire ME tinderbox. Got it 

21 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Should have had transponders on friendly drones and the air defense system would have identified the enemy drone as it was not squawking.  Hard to figure how it was “mixed up”.  
Incompetence and weakness are accurate descriptions of our current leadership. I’m sure they care. Maybe not enough to play hardball with enemies. It’s not personal, it’s a culture.

It is just downright silly to opine that who the POTUS is dictates something like that happening.  It is ridiculous.

We have approximately 250 military bases and installations around the globe, not including those on U.S. soil.  That is more than every other country around the globe combined.  Everyone needs to keep that in mind.

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

Ah, I forgot maga logic.  We acquiesce to Putin’s expanding into Europe but man up to Iran and the entire ME tinderbox. Got it 

I don’t think we acquiesced to Putin, or are believing that is what MAGA would do?  It really is irrelevant as we have, by proxie, are fully engaged both monetarily and in armaments.  In fact, one of the reasons we are *thin* is because our armaments have been depleted to a low level.  Another reason we are *thin* is our recruitment numbers are at an all time low.  You can speculate for the reason why, but during this administration it is as low as it has ever been.

Add this to our commitment to *peace keeping* mission in Gaza and Israel.  It is interesting that peace reigned in that region in the last administration, but as soon as we appease the major terrorist country in the world by lifting sanctions and releasing $ billions of dollars the Middle East explodes.

Can the US even try to put up some resistance if anything else raises it’s head?  It would be tough.  Because of this, I don’t think Biden could survive another foriegn policies issue.  It appears he will appease his way all the way to the election.  A true leader.

As to manning up, Biden is a coward.  Iran doesn’t want a war.  When Iran sent some missles into Iraq during the last administration we retaliated by killing one of their generals.  What happened?  They backed off.

Reinstate oil sanctions, freeze the $6 billion if any is left and strategically eliminate a general when he is traveling.  But according to Biden we don’t want to escalate the issue in the Middle East.  We are leaving our sevice men and women vulnerable in a foreign land.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

It is just downright silly to opine that who the POTUS is dictates something like that happening.  It is ridiculous.

We have had transponder technology since the 40’s.  They have been used to Identify if the approaching aircraft was a friend or foe (IFF).  If they don’t have the right code or no code at all they should be shot down as it is an unmanned drone.

Why was there a mix up if the military has been doing this type of thing since before we were all born?  Complacency.  There is not other explanation. And that, like it or not, is a cultural issue.

The POTUS is the commander in chief and as such is responsible for the culture of the military.  How’s that DEI stuff going in the military?

I’m not blaming DEI for this *mix up*, but it does raise the question of how the culture has changed over three years.

34 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I don’t think we acquiesced to Putin, or are believing that is what MAGA would do?  It really is irrelevant as we have, by proxie, are fully engaged both monetarily and in armaments.  In fact, one of the reasons we are *thin* is because our armaments have been depleted to a low level.  Another reason we are *thin* is our recruitment numbers are at an all time low.  You can speculate for the reason why, but during this administration it is as low as it has ever been.

Add this to our commitment to *peace keeping* mission in Gaza and Israel.  It is interesting that peace reigned in that region in the last administration, but as soon as we appease the major terrorist country in the world by lifting sanctions and releasing $ billions of dollars the Middle East explodes.

Can the US even try to put up some resistance if anything else raises it’s head?  It would be tough.  Because of this, I don’t think Biden could survive another foriegn policies issue.  It appears he will appease his way all the way to the election.  A true leader.

As to manning up, Biden is a coward.  Iran doesn’t want a war.  When Iran sent some missles into Iraq during the last administration we retaliated by killing one of their generals.  What happened?  They backed off.

Reinstate oil sanctions, freeze the $6 billion if any is left and strategically eliminate a general when he is traveling.  But according to Biden we don’t want to escalate the issue in the Middle East.  We are leaving our sevice men and women vulnerable in a foreign land.

You aren’t a bad ass or a coward/weak to start or withdraw from any war you or no one you know will be in. Both Trump and Biden’s personal history with the military is pretty cowardly.  They sure aren’t McCain.

Regardless I don’t understand anyone’s position on foreign policy. It’s all haphazard and reactive pandering to bases. I agree Ukraine needs to drawn down - but from a position of “or else”strength - and Israel must supported but not because the rapture could be any day now.

Edited by auburnatl1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

You are so damn partisan that it really doesn't matter what takes place, you will drum up some bizarre reasoning to pin it all on whoever doesn't have an R next to their name.  I get it... You spend so much time listening to right wing media that there is no air left for any other reasoning.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, AU9377 said:

You are so damn partisan that it really doesn't matter what takes place, you will drum up some bizarre reasoning to pin it all on whoever doesn't have an R next to their name.  I get it... You spend so much time listening to right wing media that there is no air left for any other reasoning.

I think Biden is the worst President we have ever had.  He proves it everyday.  You have a different view and I get that, but can you honestly say America, or the world for that matter, is a safer place because Biden is our President?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

I agree Ukraine needs to drawn down - but from a position of “or else”strength - and Israel must supported but not because the rapture could be any day now.

Does anybody know how the war in Ukraine is going?  Does anybody have an advantage?  We support Israel because it is the right thing to do when terrorists brutally attack civilians.  Just because the Jewish people are so involved in the Bible has little to do with it whether anybody believes it is the primary cause or not.

This is how you handle terrorists:

This happened last night; we shall see Hamas’ reaction soon.

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

We have approximately 250 military bases and installations around the globe, not including those on U.S. soil.  That is more than every other country around the globe combined.  Everyone needs to keep that in mind.

So what does that have to do with soldiers getting killed  at our base in Jordan? We should respond to our guys getting killed anywhere.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Does anybody know how the war in Ukraine is going?  Does anybody have an advantage?  We support Israel because it is the right thing to do when terrorists brutally attack civilians.  Just because the Jewish people are so involved in the Bible has little to do with it whether anybody believes it is the primary cause or not.

This is how you handle terrorists:

This happened last night; we shall see Hamas’ reaction soon.

To be honest that update could have been written 30 yrs ago. Or 30 yrs from now. It’s a never ending life grinder. IMO keep a carrier group in the area and withdraw troops - all they are is a target of opportunity. Regarding Ukraine - its still attrition. IMO Their goal of getting back crimea without a world war isn’t achievable.  But they can keep the majority of their country. This may Korea 2 - back where it started - but the US must be resolved to achieve even this.

https://www.ft.com/content/4351d5b0-0888-4b47-9368-6bc4dfbccbf5

Edited by auburnatl1

4 hours ago, AU9377 said:

We do have a lot of bases around the globe but the manpower isn't what it needs to be. Another topic for another day, I grant you, but recruitment and retention is a big-time struggle force wide. 

8 hours ago, autigeremt said:

We do have a lot of bases around the globe but the manpower isn't what it needs to be. Another topic for another day, I grant you, but recruitment and retention is a big-time struggle force wide. 

We have 1.3 million active duty military.  I understand that not all of that number are trained deployment ready troops, but with a military of that size and a budget layout of over $850 billion, the idea that we aren't positioned to be the most capable armed forces on the planet leads to a lot of questions over what is being spent and who is actually padding their pockets.

10 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

So what does that have to do with soldiers getting killed  at our base in Jordan? We should respond to our guys getting killed anywhere.

Who says that we aren't?

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, AU9377 said:

This is undeniable:

The man took everything that was working and reversed it just to feed his ego.  This man needs to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1