Seems like a big deal

6 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Could be but I don't know why, hence my question. What do you think?

My default assumption is usually incompetence, not conspiracy.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

My default assumption is usually incompetence, not conspiracy.

That's all well and good but I just find it hard to believe they didn't have documents dating all the way back to when he was a Senator. Of course Biden couldn't remember when that was.😀

Edited by Son of A Tiger

45 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

He wrongly thought he didn't have to. But they weren't laying around for anyone to see like in the Biden case. Trump's position should have been decided in the courts, not by the FBI with CNN advised of the pending raid ahead of time.

Assuming it was a honest mistake - it was pointless brinkmanship and a self destructive battle where the  best interests of the country were irrelevant.   Sound familiar? It’s mental bad wiring.  More superfluous never ending chaos where only the lawyers benefit.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Absolutely not true.

Not sure why my approach to federal employment is not true since it's just an opinion. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

He wrongly thought he didn't have to. But they weren't laying around for anyone to see like in the Biden case. Trump's position should have been decided in the courts, not by the FBI with CNN advised of the pending raid ahead of time.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-indictment-document-classified-key-takeaways-rcna88611

.......Trump revealed classified documents to an author

Chief among the examples prosecutors lay out in the indictment of Trump sharing classified intelligence with unauthorized individuals took place during a July 2021 sit-down he had with an author and a publisher for an upcoming book on his presidency. Two Trump staffers without proper clearances were also in the room for the discussion.

While the indictment does not name the author and publisher, it does include a transcript of a conversation Trump had with the two about a classified military document described as a “plan of attack” against another country. That conversation, which stems from an audio recording, was reported earlier Friday by CNN.

“Secret. This is secret information,” Trump said. “Look, look at this."......
Edited by homersapien

16 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

They were in the bathroom at Mara Lago, on the stage in the ballroom and all over the place.  Trump should have returned the documents when requested to do so.  What about that is hard to grasp?  His position has NO MERIT.  NONE.  He even asked his legal team to lie to the FBI about there being additional documents.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

And how long had the documents been scattered unprotected on his garage floor for anyone to see before Biden self reported?

In contrast, the documents Trump had were in cabinets and boxes behind the gates of Mar Largo where they were visible to Secret Service personnel.

Bottom line to it all as I understand it all form listening to legal experts.........Biden could be charged with criminal violation of classified documents laws whereas Trump is likely only guilty of obstruction of justice.

But caveat emptor.....I'm not a lawyer.

Wherever your information is coming from, it is clearly sensationalized with additional information that isn't fact based.

• Like 2

Epic. What a damn shame. The United States is a cesspool of asshatery and sheepish "politics". Created by the people, for the people. 

27 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Another vote for Kamala.

Considering Kamala’s approval rating and current polls I may donate to her Presidential campaign should one materialize. 

Edited by JMWATS

On 2/9/2024 at 10:14 PM, Son of A Tiger said:

How does wrongfully thinking you don't have to reconcile with concealing documents after a court orders them to be returned?

18 hours ago, AU9377 said:

How does wrongfully thinking you don't have to reconcile with concealing documents after a court orders them to be returned?

(You forgot the "Duuuuuuh!" ;D)

18 hours ago, AU9377 said:

By appealing that order to a higher court.

7 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

By appealing that order to a higher court.

Did Trump do that? Or did he just ignore the order?

16 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

I don't know. I was just stating. a possibility.

Tons of possibilities. Trump is an expert with delaying, knowing the ins and outs of the legal system, and what he can get away with. Why wouldn't he appeal if he thought he could?

For those that think Biden turned over classified documents as soon as he realized he had them in 2022; just another lie and cover-up.  From page 97 of Hur’s report:

I. MR. BIDEN'S 2017 MEMOIR: PROMISE ME, DAD
After his vice presidency, Mr. Biden wrote and published a memoir in 2017 titled Promise Me, Dad. Evidence suggests that, while researching and writing the book, Mr. Biden found marked classified documents in the basement of his rental home in Virginia and told his ghostwriter about it during an audio-recorded conversation.

https://www.justice.gov/storage/report-from-special-counsel-robert-k-hur-february-2024.pdf

OOPs, five full years before he *found* the classified docs and his lawyers turned them in.

Also:

In Mr. Biden's interview with our office, he explained that he took his notebooks with him after his vice presidency because "[t]hey are mine," and explained that "every President before me has done the same exact thing."375

He also specifically referenced President Reagan, who, after leaving office, kept handwritten diaries containing classified information at his private home, as discussed in Chapter Ten.:376
In later written answers, Mr. Biden wrote that, "[l]ike presidents and vice presidents before me, I understand these notes to be my personal property."377 He declined to answer several questions about whether he believed his notes contained classified information; whether he believed he was authorized to possess classified information
after his vice presidency, and whether if he took step to avoid writing classified information in his notebooks.

Page 94 in the same source.

Now where have I heard these excuses before?

Biden didn’t care about having 40 years of classified documents in his possession until he thought it might affect Jack Smith’s case against Trump. Biden is such an upstanding and law abiding President; who could doubt that?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

For those that think Biden turned over classified documents as soon as he realized he had them in 2022; just another lie and cover-up.  From page 97 of Hur’s report:

I. MR. BIDEN'S 2017 MEMOIR: PROMISE ME, DAD
After his vice presidency, Mr. Biden wrote and published a memoir in 2017 titled Promise Me, Dad. Evidence suggests that, while researching and writing the book, Mr. Biden found marked classified documents in the basement of his rental home in Virginia and told his ghostwriter about it during an audio-recorded conversation.

https://www.justice.gov/storage/report-from-special-counsel-robert-k-hur-february-2024.pdf

OOPs, five full years before he *found* the classified docs and his lawyers turned them in.

Also:

In Mr. Biden's interview with our office, he explained that he took his notebooks with him after his vice presidency because "[t]hey are mine," and explained that "every President before me has done the same exact thing."375

He also specifically referenced President Reagan, who, after leaving office, kept handwritten diaries containing classified information at his private home, as discussed in Chapter Ten.:376
In later written answers, Mr. Biden wrote that, "[l]ike presidents and vice presidents before me, I understand these notes to be my personal property."377 He declined to answer several questions about whether he believed his notes contained classified information; whether he believed he was authorized to possess classified information
after his vice presidency, and whether if he took step to avoid writing classified information in his notebooks.

Page 94 in the same source.

Now where have I heard these excuses before?

Biden didn’t care about having 40 years of classified documents in his possession until he thought it might affect Jack Smith’s case against Trump. Biden is such an upstanding and law abiding President; who could doubt that?

MY GOD!!! DOES ROBERT HUR KNOW ABOUT TH...

...oh, wait.

2 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

MY GOD!!! DOES ROBERT HUR KNOW ABOUT TH...

...oh, wait.

Contrary to Democrat beliefs (and leftist alike) the Hur report was not about Donald Trump, it pointed out lies that the Biden administration were able to tell since they *discovered* classified documents in Biden’s possession and go unchecked.

Try to keep up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Contrary to Democrat beliefs (and leftist alike) the Hur report was not about Donald Trump, it pointed out lies that the Biden administration were able to tell since they *discovered* classified documents in Biden’s possession and go unchecked.

Try to keep up.

"Try to keep up." Ah, your favorite line. Can't think of something else condescending? Where's that vivid imagination?

Where in my response to you did I say anything about Trump?

Edited by Leftfield

15 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

"Try to keep up." Ah, your favorite line. Can't think of something else condescending? Where's that vivid imagination?

Where in my response to you did I say anything about Trump?

So you have a comeback that is vague and wonder why I think you can’t keep up.  Why not just write what you mean to say?  Be transparent, unlike your leader.

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

So you have a comeback that is vague and wonder why I think you can’t keep up.  Why not just write what you mean to say?  Be transparent, unlike your leader.

Because it should have been obvious. All of what you posted was in the report, yet Hur said charges weren't warranted. As much as we all don't agree with the way classified documents have been handled by past politicians, it does appear that Biden was accurate in that the precedent had been set, since Hur wasn't moving any further with it. Considering Hur is a Republican and went outside of standard practice by editorializing about Biden's appearance and memory (which I think we can all agree will damage Biden to some degree in the election, possibly enough to swing it), I don't think an argument could reasonably be made that Hur was protecting Biden by not charging him.

• Like 1