Seems like a big deal

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

In the report Hurr plainly said Biden allowed his ghost writer access to classified documents.  So, yes he has been accused of disclosing information.  Oh, and being a lowly Senator and VP does not give you permission to declassify or otherwise steal classified documents.

I stand corrected...just went back to look and it does say Biden read directly from his notebook and did disclose some classified information to the writer. 

Having said that, the report did not appear to state that the writer was given any documents or had direct access to them, only that Biden read "nearly verbatim" from his notebooks. It also states that Biden did try to censor some of the sensitive information and may not have realized what he disclosed was classified.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Read and weep.

I weep pretty much every time I read your posts. It's certainly not for the reasons you'd like 

Edited by Leftfield
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1) Both parties suck raw a$$.

2) Biden is a demented old fool soiling his depends.

3) All these trump court appearances are stopping him from running another business or two into the ground so he can add another bankruptcy or two to his list of accomplishments to go along with his one-man assault on womanhood and exposing all the faux Christians out there.

4) If you are still pointing to the other party, you are just too stupid to get it.

Independents now out number both parties. Do you still wonder how that happened?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

1) Both parties suck raw a$$.

2) Biden is a demented old fool soiling his depends.

3) All these trump court appearances are stopping him from running another business or two into the ground so he can add another bankruptcy or two to his list of accomplishments to go along with his one-man assault on womanhood and exposing all the faux Christians out there.

4) If you are still pointing to the other party, you are just too stupid to get it.

Independents now out number both parties. Do you still wonder how that happened?

You can hate both candidates with the passion of a thousand suns, but unless a medical issue takes either of them out then one of these men are guaranteed to be the president of the united states come Jan 2025. 

You don't have to like either of them, but pretending that any other person or party at this point has any shot at election is just not living in reality. 

18 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

You can hate both candidates with the passion of a thousand suns, but unless a medical issue takes either of them out then one of these men are guaranteed to be the president of the united states come Jan 2025. 

You don't have to like either of them, but pretending that any other person or party at this point has any shot at election is just not living in reality. 

Reality TODAY. But reality four years from now, because both parties suck, can be very very different.

Unless God decides to take one or both of them home...

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

In the report Hurr plainly said Biden allowed his ghost writer access to classified documents.  So, yes he has been accused of disclosing information.  Oh, and being a lowly Senator and VP does not give you permission to declassify or otherwise steal classified documents.

Read and weep.

What Biden should do is play by the Trump rules book.  Declassify the documents in question and compare the nature of those documents to the documents that Trump took from the White House.  It appears that most of the Biden documents were hand written notes made years ago.  The shear difference in the number alone is stark, but the difference in the nature of the documents would likely show the real culprit. 

Take the gloves off and let the chips fall where they may.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leftfield said:

I stand corrected...just went back to look and it does say Biden read directly from his notebook and did disclose some classified information to the writer. 

Having said that, the report did not appear to state that the writer was given any documents or had direct access to them, only that Biden read "nearly verbatim" from his notebooks. It also states that Biden did try to censor some of the sensitive information and may not have realized what he disclosed was classified.

I weep pretty much every time I read your posts. It's certainly not for the reasons you'd like 

Thanks for admitting your mistake.

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

What Biden should do is play by the Trump rules book.  Declassify the documents in question and compare the nature of those documents to the documents that Trump took from the White House.  It appears that most of the Biden documents were hand written notes made years ago.  The shear difference in the number alone is stark, but the difference in the nature of the documents would likely show the real culprit. 

Does your number count the thousands of boxes stored by the U of Delaware that nobody has access to?  

Edited by I_M4_AU

13 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Thanks for admitting your mistake.

You're welcome. Admitting errors is a part of honest debate. You should try it sometime.

As I watch the narratives forming today, with Haley’s post just riding the wave, I’m beginning to notice a growing light bulb realization of “holy crap, both these guys are really really really old”. I’m beginning to wonder if trump, who’s currently celebrating the tactical political fallout on the doj’s report, may be consumed longer term by being lumped into the same geriatric category. The coming weeks polls should be interesting.

8 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Does your number count the thousands of boxes stored by the U of Delaware that nobody has access too?  

Ok you and I disagree on a lot - but that’s a damn good scene in a damn good movie.

• Like 1

How can anyone say the Trump case is worse than Biden's? Not defending Trump but at least in his case the documents were neatly stored and under the watch of Secret Service. Biden's documents were strewn all over the floor of his garage and anyone could see them.

It's also interesting that a big deal was made of the raid on Trump with CNN even there to cover it live. Why didn't Biden get the same? We never saw all those documents in the garage until they were released in the Hur report. Where was CNN in this case?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

How can anyone say the Trump case is worse than Biden's? Not defending Trump but at least in his case the documents were neatly stored and under the watch of Secret Service. Biden's documents were strewn all over the floor of his garage and anyone could see them.

It's also interesting that a big deal was made of the raid on Trump with CNN even there to cover it live. Why didn't Biden get the same? We never saw all those documents in the garage until they were released in the Hur report. Where was CNN in this case?

He wouldn’t return them. For 8 months. Creepy

16 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

It’s threads with angry vindictive tones like this that caused many historical republicans to switch to independent. 

It's the political smack forum. Don't forget that. What you can forget is the meaningless bickering by both sides.

Those registered as independents have grown due to Republicans and Democrats leaving their respective party. Clearly not one sided causation.

38 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Does your number count the thousands of boxes stored by the U of Delaware that nobody has access too?  

Try being honest about the situation for just a minute.

If Trump wins in November, he will force the Justice Dept to drop the case against him, declassify any documents and use his office to hunt down any and all people that dare speak against his actions.

Compare that to the Biden Justice Dept. appointing an independent counsel, a Republican, and giving him full access.  Which man handles things professionally again?

33 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Seriously?  Is that what they are saying on Fox today?  The two could not be more different.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/antoniopequenoiv/2024/02/08/why-trump-faces-charges-but-biden-doesnt-in-classified-documents-cases/?sh=32d711857360

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/biden-classified-docs-vs-trump-classified-docs-difference-rcna65087

Edited by AU9377

25 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

It's the political smack forum. Don't forget that. What you can forget is the meaningless bickering by both sides.

Those registered as independents have grown due to Republicans and Democrats leaving their respective party. Clearly not one sided causation.

Ofcourse. Both sides moderates have fled to independent. Which is why party extremism has accelerated.

image.thumb.png.6d78688d14f13ec010d1d229ce0c9824.png

18 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

He wouldn’t return them. For 8 months. Creepy

And that is the difference between the two cases.  On Senator/VP stole classified documents over a span of 40 years and wouldn’t give them back until they were discovered by a lawyer, and the other had them for 8 months.

Biden wouldn’t have been so coorperative if he hadn’t been caught.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Try being honest about the situation for just a minute.

If Trump wins in November, he will force the Justice Dept to drop the case against him, declassify any documents and use his office to hunt down any and all people that dare speak against his actions.

Compare that to the Biden Justice Dept. appointing an independent counsel, a Republican, and giving him full access.  Which man handles things professionally again?

If Trump wins in November he will not be able to force anything until January 20th 2025.  The real question is; will the Biden DOJ be vindictive enough to continue the witch hunt?  You’re only speculating about hunting down the people that speak against him.  He didn’t with Hillary in 2017.

It remains to be seen which DOJ was more professional

• Like 1

Watershed moment here:

CNN actually fact-checking this administration which hasn’t occurred in the last three years.  Times they are a changing.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

And that is the difference between the two cases.  On Senator/VP stole classified documents over a span of 40 years and wouldn’t give them back until they were discovered by a lawyer, and the other had them for 8 months.

Biden wouldn’t have been so coorperative if he hadn’t been caught.

Dear lord. Read the report. He wasn’t “caught”. He and his attorneys self reported. Same with Pence.

3 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Hand written notes are the property of the government. They were paid for with our taxes. So, in short Biden (and Trump) stole our work products, and they both should be excluded from seeking any federal position forever.

12 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Dear lord. Read the report. He wasn’t “caught”. He and his attorneys self reported. Same with Pence.

That’s the point isn’t it.  Biden didn’t self report, he had no recall of any of these documents were there, if his lawyer didn’t find them he would have never known they were there.  Add to that, they found them around November of 2021 close to the mid term election and didn’t disclose it until December/January time frame.  Why the delay?

The report said Biden didn’t know when he started or finished his term as VP, is it a stretch to believe he didn’t know of these documents when they were found in November of 2021?

I would guess you didn’t remember this discrepancy or it just doesn’t matter to you because you want Joe to succeed in his bid for the President.  Is this it?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, creed said:

Hand written notes are the property of the government. They were paid for with our taxes. So, in short Biden (and Trump) stole our work products, and they both should be excluded from seeking any federal position forever.

This rule only applies to the underlings, not the powerful.