President Biden’s Campaign

JMWATS

President Biden didn't do himself any favors with respect to his reelection campaign when he popped a circuit breaker and couldn't remember facts and or misspoke several times during a short press conference and speech last night.

It looks like he may not make it through to be the Democratic nominee. 

Who will be the Democratic candidate if Biden drops out?

46 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

What makes you think Biden is going to drop out? 

I'm not sure if your question is serious or not given the President's memory lapses documented in the Special Counsel's Report concerning his mishandling of classified documents and his performance last night in front of the American people.   In any case the President at this time cannot remember basic facts and appears to be in serious cognitive decline which is cause for concern among Democrats and Republicans with respect to his ability to serve as our next President.  This article covers most of it. 

Biden tries to lay to rest age concerns, but may have exacerbated them | CNN Politics

Who will be the Democratic candidate if Biden drops out?

Edited by JMWATS

3 minutes ago, JMWATS said:

Yes it was a serious question because Biden has had these mishaps and memory lapses since the 2020 election, and has been pretty adamant that he believes he's capable of doing the job of President and has no intention of dropping out. 

And as much as many Democrats definitely would prefer a different or younger candidate for office, these is absolutely zero evidence that there is a faction within the party looking to 'overthrow' Biden's candidacy. 

I don't think there is any more reason to believe Biden will drop out of the race today than there was last week or last month. 

• Like 1

I take it that you don't want to speculate who would replace President Biden should he drop out?  Perhaps Gavin Newsome?

31 minutes ago, JMWATS said:

I take it that you don't want to speculate who would replace President Biden should he drop out?  Perhaps Gavin Newsome?

Or Michelle Obama. Both names have been hovering around for a year. Ultimately there’s too much momentum for Biden not to be the nominee unless he pulled a Lyndon Johnson and personally withdrew.  Both would be compelling and a fresh face to many moderates. And imo with Trump litigation exposure and hovering around 55-60% unfavorables - it might be a curb stomping - the gop may so terrified of 8 years of progressive leadership, they may (it’s a stretch) reconsider as well with someone more electable.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Yeah, there’s no need for Joe to do the right thing for America.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yeah, there’s no need for Joe to do the right thing for America.

Anyone who’s been forced to take the car keys from someone in early dementia knows that it’s  …. damn difficult.  The irony is 30 yrs earlier they were the one bitching that they couldnt get their parents to stop driving. Difficulty in giving things up and denial seems to be part of the condition.

• Like 4

One would think Republicans, being smart and all, would be contributing to Biden's presidential war chest to ensure he is Trump's opponent because he's so beatable. But NOOOOO, they want the Democrats to pick a better candiate to replace Biden. Now what about that makes sense? 

Edited by creed
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, creed said:

One would think Republicans, being smart and all, would be contributing to Biden's presidential war chest to ensure he is Trump's opponent because he's so beatable. But NOOOOO, they want the Democrats to pick a better candiate to replace Biden. Now what about that makes sense? 

So how much did you give to trump? 😉

6 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

LOL....Zero.

9 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

If the gop had any basic grasp of ever winning in politics 1) they would haves loved on Biden every day until the general 2) after losing 3 straight election cycles, Trump wouldn’t be their nominee. 

Edited by auburnatl1

Whichever party picks a different nominee will win handily. Unless, of course, both parties pick a new person. The current choice is disgraceful.

• Like 4

On 2/9/2024 at 8:43 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

No way Jill lets him drop out. She loves it too much.

• Like 2

On 2/10/2024 at 10:05 AM, auburnatl1 said:

If the gop had any basic grasp of ever winning in politics 1) they would haves loved on Biden every day until the general 2) after losing 3 straight election cycles, Trump wouldn’t be their nominee. 

You speak as if the GOP hasn't been totally hi-jacked by ignorant cultists. ;D

Edited by homersapien

22 hours ago, homersapien said:

You speak as if the GOP hasn't been totally hi-jacked by ignorant cultist. ;D

Democrats have a great playbook for them to use......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/10/2024 at 10:59 AM, jj3jordan said:

No way Jill lets him drop out. She loves it too much.

You base that on what exactly? 

Does that come from the same crap for brains mouthpieces that tell us Michelle Obama is running?

46 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

You base that on what exactly? 

Does that come from the same crap for brains mouthpieces that tell us Michelle Obama is running?

I don’t know who says Michelle is running. All the democrats say she is not.  It is sort of a joke but not a joke. I think the Doctor loves the limelight a tad too much.

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

1 hour ago, jj3jordan said:

I don’t know who says Michelle is running.

@auburnatl1 mentioned it earlier in the thread. 

12 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

@auburnatl1 mentioned it earlier in the thread. 

I'm not talking about who discussed it on message boards.  I am referencing the sources of the nonsense.  I posted one below.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dems-one-step-closer-replacing-biden-michelle-obama-damning-special-counsel-report-ramaswamy-sa

14 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

I think the Doctor loves the limelight a tad too much.

If she does, she does a poor job of staying in that limelight.  She teaches at Northern Virginia Community College. She is the first First Lady to continue working outside of the White House after becoming First Lady.

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

If she does, she does a poor job of staying in that limelight.  She teaches at Northern Virginia Community College. She is the first First Lady to continue working outside of the White House after becoming First Lady.

Who you think leads him around when he gets lost? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Who you think leads him around when he gets lost? 

Maybe it's the German Shepherd.  :)

• Like 1