Shooting Percentage

8 hours ago, BizEagle said:

Those fast break, behind the back passes by CBM made me cringe.  He would have had a 1,000% better probability to score if he'd just go straight to the hoop.  Those were very bad decisions. 

6 hours ago, Viper said:

Ditto. He was trying to make the Sportscenter Top 10 instead of just getting 2 points. I’m ok with a circus pass when we’re up by 15+, but not trailing. Idiotic passes.

Nor do we need Johnson impersonating Jordan with the tomahawk slam launched from the free point line. Williams needs to tone that thinking down also.

Edited by SumterAubie

8 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I agree with all of this post but the first bit especially. @KillenTime post was correct that a lot of our guys don’t have fundamentally bad shooting strokes. But there are a lot of guys that look like they should be good shooters that don’t put it together, for one reason or another. We have THOSE guys 

Denver is the only guy on this roster that’s evergreen as a shooter to me. Whether he’s 1-4 or 4-4, just let him shoot when he’s open. 

We have good shooters. We just don’t shoot a ton of 3’s this season compared to earlier Bruce teams. Our 2 best players are interior guys so of course we are going to attack the paint and live in the post. People are overreacting a bit to much to a really bad shooting game. J WIll, CBM, Denver and Tre all shoot 37% or better from 3. It’s just not at a high volume. 

IMG_7084.png

IMG_7085.png

IMG_7087.png

IMG_7088.png

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

Nor do we need Johnson impersonating Jordan with the tomahawk slam launched from the free point line. Williams need to that thinking down also.

Seems like some of that showboating could be nipped in the bud by a coach in someone’s ear.  But I’m sure with NIL and the portal kids have to be handled with a marshmallow gun relative to any kind of discipline.

• Like 1

As mentioned above we have 4 players shooting around 37% from three.  The issue is we are streaky. Shooting hurt us against KY but what hurt more was bad turnovers.  

The kind of turnovers that led to easy baskets. We clean that up and it is a close game. We also had players overly hyped trying to do to much. CBM was so up for the game he often played out of control same for Donaldson and others.

We are not a great team but we are better then how we played against KY and we are not as good as we looked against SC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

We have good shooters. We just don’t shoot a ton of 3’s this season compared to earlier Bruce teams. Our 2 best players are interior guys so of course we are going to attack the paint and live in the post. People are overreacting a bit to much to a really bad shooting game. J WIll, CBM, Denver and Tre all shoot 37% or better from 3. It’s just not at a high volume. 

IMG_7084.png

IMG_7085.png

IMG_7087.png

IMG_7088.png

I don’t think you can be a good shooter at low volume. CMo shot over 40% from 3 2 different seasons on low volume. Not to mention it doesn’t matter to have a high %age if you don’t put up 3s lol. That doesn’t do anything for an offense or move a defense. 

anyway, you’re missing the entire point on the aspect of do we or don’t we have shooters that can heat up if they’re on any sort of cold spell. We have Denver who can do that. Maybe Chad, but that’s a maybe. If Jaylin misses the first couple, that’s it. KD, Aden, Broome, you can go down the line

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 1

When you’re shooting 38% on 2 3PAs a game, you’re going to inherently be more likely to be streaky, simply because you don’t put up enough shots to establish any real trend. You may go 2-3 vs Ole Miss and then you may not make another 3 for the next 4 games. That’s not a good shooter lol 

14 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

When you’re shooting 38% on 2 3PAs a game, you’re going to inherently be more likely to be streaky, simply because you don’t put up enough shots to establish any real trend. You may go 2-3 vs Ole Miss and then you may not make another 3 for the next 4 games. That’s not a good shooter lol 

Do you really not think J Will and CBM are good shooters? Denver takes 1 more three a game than them. Bruhhhhhhh. Like what are we even doing here? I just don’t understand coming from you. Lololol jk!!!! Hey honey get in here!!! Eleanor rigby is aggregating again!!! 😂😂

On 2/19/2024 at 4:38 PM, Viper said:

Ditto. He was trying to make the Sportscenter Top 10 instead of just getting 2 points. I’m ok with a circus pass when we’re up by 15+, but not trailing. Idiotic passes.

The last one was a 3 on 2 scenario in our favor.  If you want to fake a pass or fake a lob pass go ahead and do it (you cannot behind-the-back a fake pass) but I'd fake pass and go for the shot.  Lay it high on the back board and you have 2 team mates close by to rebound if you miss. That's a smarter play.  Plus there's always a possibility that the defender will goal tend, foul or both.  That pass by CBM was a screw up on national TV.  CBM should be smarter than that.

On 2/21/2024 at 11:22 AM, BizEagle said:

you cannot behind-the-back a fake pass

Edited by Viper

All of these team stats include J Will, who played extremely well in a lot of games. With him out, the stats are pretty much irrelevant at the moment.