Who plans to invest?

18 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Stock prices rise when business is bad, people buy when they anticipate a bounce, such as when a Democrat leaves office and a Republican takes over.

And here I always figured it's because there's expectation Democrats will clean up the messes left by Republicans and improve the economy.

Variable Democrats Republicans
Real GDP growth 4.33% 2.54%
Job creation rate % 2.59% 1.17%
Unemployment rate % 5.64% 6.01%
Unemployment rate change -0.83% +1.09%
3 more rows...

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

And therein lies the problem.  People like Salty and Mikey think facts are funny!

I understand Mikey's response but I have a question for Salty:  Do you think this data is simply false?

• 1 month later...

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/31/business/trump-media-stock-falls-after-guilty-verdict.html

“One poster said: “We are all disgusted by this sham verdict and want to live in a world with a better and strong America so we are donating to Trumps campaign and buying shares.” Another said that buying the stock was “the only peaceful protest we have left.” On Friday morning, some of the trending topics of discussion on Truth Social were: “Trump2024,” “MAGA” and “IStandwithTrump”

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/31/business/trump-media-stock-falls-after-guilty-verdict.html

“One poster said: “We are all disgusted by this sham verdict and want to live in a world with a better and strong America so we are donating to Trumps campaign and buying shares.” Another said that buying the stock was “the only peaceful protest we have left.” On Friday morning, some of the trending topics of discussion on Truth Social were: “Trump2024,” “MAGA” and “IStandwithTrump”

The grift goes on! Loosen your wallet, Salty! The  billionaire needs YOU!