Who plans to invest?

6 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

And that proves what?  He lost money….he didn’t lose his investment like predicted.

Just half, so far.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Just half, so far.

But he’s also hurt his reputation and his overall wealth has suffered. 

IMG_1751.png

24 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

But he’s also hurt his reputation and his overall wealth has suffered. 

Did this help his decline in wealth?

WILMINGTON, Jan 31 (Reuters) - A Delaware judge tossed out Elon Musk's record-breaking $56 billion Tesla (TSLA.O), opens new tab pay package on Tuesday, calling the compensation granted by the EV maker's board "an unfathomable sum" that was unfair to shareholders.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/judge-rules-favor-plaintiffs-challenging-musks-tesla-pay-package-2024-01-30/

It this the new leftist policy?  Attack someone’s wealth if they don’t have the same view as you.

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Push the whole 401k in, Salty! Donald provides! Just as the scripture says!

• D
    DJT
    +39.62%
  •  

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

FYI The stock market is at it highest level in history 

Much of that due to optimism over Trump going public?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

It can only go higher! Jump in!

Closing on a reverse mortgage line of credit this afternoon. Bank has even agreed to pay closing cost.

Edited by SaltyTiger
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

So you forgoing this opportunity?

Had I been a sufficiently nimble day trader, I would have bought first thing this morning. Would then cash out and take the rubes’ money.

• Love 1

Pointing out the obvious, once it goes public it’s in the SEC’s jurisdiction for oversight… 

33 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Pointing out the obvious, once it goes public it’s in the SEC’s jurisdiction for oversight… 

And they have to publicly release their financials

39 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Deep state!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

I won't need the opportunity after I reel in my $1.2 billion tonight.  LOL

My one $2 ticket is coming through!

• Haha 2

Seems like we've seen this sort of thing before with Trump ventures.  :rolleyes:

"Trump would own over 50% of the new merged company, a stake that would be worth over $3 billion at current market valuations.

Analysts agree those kinds of valuations are far removed from the actual value of Trump Media. Truth Social had just over $3 million in revenue in the first nine months of last year and losses of nearly $50 million."

Invest in Trump!!    (What could go wrong?)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

FYI The stock market is at it highest level in history 

It would be higher if not for Bungling Biden's policies. I think you already knew that.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Mikey said:

It would be higher if not for Bungling Biden's policies. I think you already knew that.

If the option were a traditional republican, I’d agree. But with Trump, who has literally no fiscal policy I can figure out, is a historical deficit train wreck, and has had more personal bankruptcies than I can count - no, I don't know that. And neither do most economists.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/25/2024 at 11:49 PM, TexasTiger said:

How many shares do I have to buy to get the free endorsed Bible and a pair of shoes?  Asking for a friend.

• Haha 5

On 3/26/2024 at 9:58 AM, Mikey said:

I'm going to wait until the Bungler In Chief's time is nearly out in October of '24, then invest in American companies that have been stifled by his horrible policies. They should get a pretty good bounce once Biden is gone.

Brilliant!

"Stock market returns in the United States exhibit a striking pattern: they are much higher under Democratic presidents than under Republican ones."
Edited by homersapien

I will admit that Trump is one of the greatest grifters of all time.

This sort of gambit was central to his original intention of running for president as a publicity/money making venture. 

(He was as surprised as anyone when he won in 2016.)

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Brilliant!

"Stock market returns in the United States exhibit a striking pattern: they are much higher under Democratic presidents than under Republican ones."

Stock prices rise when business is bad, people buy when they anticipate a bounce, such as when a Democrat leaves office and a Republican takes over.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1