Want to work for the new RNC? You must profess to believing a lie.

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Did that poll present choices to rate or simply ask?

Here is another one (Gallip) that breaks down methodology. I could be wrong but there’s a reason I’m maintaining that the border is Biden’s existential issue.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/611135/immigration-surges-top-important-problem-list.aspx

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

That’s the question you got out of that?   That’s why trying to have a decent discussion on anything political topics is worthless.    Everyone has their point of view and little will change no matter what is said.    Pennsylvania governor changed election laws with the stroke of the pen and was upheld by the courts.   Does that still make it right?   Just look at some of the Supreme Court rulings, Biden doesn’t care.   He is still forgiving student loans.    
 I’m not a Trump fan, but I can look at how he was treated and currently what is happening and know that no one is remotely treated the same way.   But it’s okay, that’s why I try and stay away from the political forum because the same few people over here think there is only one point of view worth listening to.   

How do you believe Trump has been treated differently than Biden?  I will assume you mean in the classified documents cases. The set of facts surrounding those cases could not be more different.  In short, had Trump simply cooperated and returned documents, there would be no Trump classified documents case.

Do you really think Trump has been subjected to more scrutiny than Bill Clinton?  Republicans went after Clinton for everything imaginable and in the end only found that he got serviced in the Oval. After he left the White House, they still went after him.  They made every allegation possible about the Clinton foundation until every audit came back that the foundation was clean.  Hillary jumped back into politics and they went after her.

Had Bill Clinton been caught using military aid to attempt to force a foreign country to investigate his political rivals, what do you think would have happened? All hell would have been unleashed.

Trump is somehow shocked that the rules apply to him.

I am as open to a free discussion as anyone can be.  You will never see me talk down to anyone or intentionally be rude.  This topic is one that some people routinely mesh with others.  I don't think that is helpful because of one major reason.  We can disagree with someone about every issue imaginable and still agree that the person we disagree with should have the right to vote and that their vote should count as much as any other citizen's vote.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Here is another one (Gallip) that breaks down methodology. I could be wrong but there’s a reason I’m maintaining that the border is Biden’s existential issue.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/611135/immigration-surges-top-important-problem-list.aspx

Funny how much these polls can differ - look at "healthcare" for example.  Second in the first poll you referenced, last in the above one.

I am just going by recent replacement elections in which reproductive rights seemed to be a major differentiator.

There's still a long way to go before the election and a lot can change.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2024 at 8:23 AM, AU9377 said:

Imagine if Trump had lost the election in 2016, but had 3 million more votes than Hillary in the final vote count? 

Theoretical since CA and NY alone makes that difference. Would not happen.

Canceling her victory venue?  I have no idea where that came from, given that there were thousands gathered at the Javits Center in Manhattan. 

She had rented some fireworks barge for a show on the Hudson but canceled it on Monday night before the election. No reason was given.  My mistake not the Javits center venue. Just the fireworks barge.

She had the decency to ask her supporters to give Trump an open mind in her concession speech the next morning.  She also had the decency to attend the inauguration.  Two things Trump lacked the character to do in 2020.

Well she was preparing her “I was robbed In this rigged election by Trump and the Russians tour”.

Relying on Fox and AON and worse for credible information will only yield half truths and at times (see Dominion voting systems) downright lies to appease their viewers.

I was monitoring Fox CNN and MSNBC continually for five hours. No updates were given. You are flat wrong to say that updates continued in the normal fashion. I have seen results from every election since ‘68 and this one was completely different in the reporting and tabulation after 10:30 pm. 

Keep in mind... Trump doesn't actually dislike the Clintons.  That is all an act to keep you all ginned up.  He spent decades describing Bill as one of the best Presidents in U.S. history and predicted that Hillary would be the first female President.  Ofcourse, that was before he actually won the nomination and realized some of you would do whatever he wanted and believe anything he says.

Yes I know that. That’s why all the hates seems disingenuous since democrats loved him so much before he had the audacity to beat her in the election.  Totally political. The outrage manufactured out of thin air so quickly in spite of the egregious crimes and behaviors that had occurred years and even decades before the election. 

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

"democrats (sic) loved him so much before he beat her (Hillary)" :laugh:

Yeah, I'm not sure I ever loved him. :dunno: