Want to work for the new RNC? You must profess to believing a lie.

Believing that the 2020 election was stolen is believing in a false reality.  If you can force your followers to believe in one false narrative, it stands to reason that they will believe in other false narratives as well.  That is not healthy and is detrimental to the concept of free and fair elections.

There simply has to be some honor on the part of individuals and respect for the democratic process itself for it to continue to work.  If you place self or party above country, manipulating the system becomes an acceptable avenue to achieve one's goals. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

most see those issues as more state oriented. Look at Florida and how Desantis has shifted the culture. Alabama and California can and must be allowed to localize most social issues for their electorate.

JUNE 25, 2021

FACT SHEET: President Biden Signs Executive Order Advancing Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility in the Federal Government

The Executive Order:

Establishes a government-wide initiative to advance diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in all parts of the Federal workforce. This initiative will be led by the Office of Personnel Management and the Office of Management and Budget, in close partnership with the White House and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/06/25/fact-sheet-president-biden-signs-executive-order-advancing-diversity-equity-inclusion-and-accessibility-in-the-federal-government/

Ron DeSantis felt it was necessary to shift the culture after Biden announced his intentions to make over the way the culture was going to be perceived by the FEDERAL government.  You seem to forget the timeline.  Note the date of the EO.  June of 2021, shortly after taking office.

Who started the cultural wars?

14 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

JUNE 25, 2021

FACT SHEET: President Biden Signs Executive Order Advancing Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility in the Federal Government

The Executive Order:

Establishes a government-wide initiative to advance diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in all parts of the Federal workforce. This initiative will be led by the Office of Personnel Management and the Office of Management and Budget, in close partnership with the White House and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/06/25/fact-sheet-president-biden-signs-executive-order-advancing-diversity-equity-inclusion-and-accessibility-in-the-federal-government/

Ron DeSantis felt it was necessary to shift the culture after Biden announced his intentions to make over the way the culture was going to be perceived by the FEDERAL government.  You seem to forget the timeline.  Note the date of the EO.  June of 2021, shortly after taking office.

Who started the cultural wars?

Again, I’m a huge advocate of states rights (traditional Republicanism). The United States.  Theres no way to get you and someone from Manhattan to agree on most social issues - and shouldn’t have to.  My prior points were that imo Trump is a very weak candidate and that it’s Biden’s election to lose. But his unwillingness to stand up to his base (who, like maga, will ultimately support him regardless) and EO the border will potentially be his undoing. It’s not Trump, it’s him. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Again, I’m a huge advocate of states rights (traditional Republicanism). The United States.  Theres no way to get you and someone from Manhattan to agree on most social issues - and shouldn’t have to.  My prior points were that imo Trump is a very weak candidate and that it’s Biden’s election to lose. But his unwillingness to stand up to his base (who, like maga, will ultimately support him regardless) and EO the border will potentially be his undoing. It’s not Trump, it’s him. Just my 2 cents.

What EO do you think he should issue? Specifics?

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Funny how just reporting NEW facts “bashes Trump,” ain’t it Salty? Growing up did you ever think you’d be so protective of a guy I’m certain you wouldn’t have respected or done business with 30 years ago ?

Just trying being kind to 93 during his moment of concern and I certainly do not feel protective of Trump. 

4 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

What is “concerning and creepy”?

Your failure to get it.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

What is “concerning and creepy”?

Trump requiring Republicans to swear belief in a lie in order to work in one of the two major parties in our country.

That doesn't concern you at least a little?  You don't think it's creepy?

Or is it you believe the lie?

Edited by homersapien
  • Facepalm 1

36 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

What EO do you think he should issue? Specifics?

Not getting into minutia. Something that provides heavy resistance and discourages immigrants from heading to the border in the first place. It’s as much an optics issue as much as anything. Ie this is…. not good optics. At all.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/03/25/what-happened-to-bidens-executive-actions-on-the-border-00148717

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Haha 1

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

Not getting into minutia. Something that provides heavy resistance and discourages immigrants from heading to the border in the first place. It’s as much an optics issue as anything. Ie this is…. not good optics. At all.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/03/25/what-happened-to-bidens-executive-actions-on-the-border-00148717

Minutia? How about broad outlines? If you critique him so harshly for not doing something you deem obviously lacking you should be able to state a few steps he can take.

10 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Minutia? How about broad outlines? If you critique him so harshly for not doing something you deem obviously lacking you should be able to state a few steps he can take.

Texas, you’re missing the point. It’s 50 million voters with a perception. He looks completely uninterested and disengaged with the one issue voters see as his biggest ongoing failure. Bully pulpit the hell out of the issue daily and lead. Dont look checked out and whiney.

Political self inflicted suicide. Respectfully, it’s indefensible. 
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4490145-voters-see-border-as-bidens-biggest-failure-poll/amp/

Edited by auburnatl1

8 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Texas, you’re missing the point. It’s 50 million voters with a perception. He looks completely uninterested and disengaged with the one issue voters see as his biggest ongoing failure. Bully pulpit the hell out of the issue daily and lead. Dont look checked out and whiney.

Political self inflicted suicide. Respectfully, it’s indefensible. 
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4490145-voters-see-border-as-bidens-biggest-failure-poll/amp/

I’m hardly missing the point. I don’t disagree it’s his Achilles heel. I’m just floored that you can be so strong and absolute that he must issue an EO to save his presidency and can’t even muster the broad outlines of what it should include to be effective. Ineffective action would just feed a sense of incompetence. 

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

I’m hardly missing the point. I don’t disagree it’s his Achilles heel. I’m just floored that you can be so strong and absolute that he must issue an EO to save his presidency and can’t even muster the broad outlines of what it should include to be effective. Ineffective action would just feed a sense of incompetence. 

Why would @auburnatl1 suggest an EO when it is clear Biden will not issue one himself?  Biden will try to  coast on blaming the Republicans until Election Day without any meaningful intervention at the border.  If he wanted to fix the issue he would work with Texas in doing so, not sue them to stop the invasion.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Why would @auburnatl1 suggest an EO when it is clear Biden will not issue one himself?  Biden will try to  coast on blaming the Republicans until Election Day without any meaningful intervention at the border.  If he wanted to fix the issue he would work with Texas in doing so, not sue them to stop the invasion.

If you could follow a conversation you’d have noticed that @auburnatl1 himself had strongly asserted Biden needed to issue one. I’m assuming not just any EO would do or satisfy his view so I asked what should be in it. But since you’re not going to track a conversation and just vomit up the same crap ad nauseum, quit wasting my time.

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

If you could follow a conversation you’d have noticed that @auburnatl1 himself had strongly asserted Biden needed to issue one. I’m assuming not just any EO would do or satisfy his view so I asked what should be in it. But since you’re not going to track a conversation and just vomit up the same crap ad nauseum, quit wasting my time.

Quit wasting @auburnatl1’s time.  

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Quit wasting @auburnatl1’s time.  

He’s a big boy who doesn’t seem to lack assertiveness. Doubt he needs your assistance. Let the adults talk.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

What was being discussed a month ago and leaked to the media. Options and considerations. Set the anticipation that something, anything was coming. Since then crickets. 

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/02/21/politics/biden-considering-executive-action-to-close-southern-border-sources-say

Edited by auburnatl1

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

What was being discussed a month ago and leaked to the media. Options and considerations. Set the anticipation that something, anything was coming. Since then crickets. 

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/02/21/politics/biden-considering-executive-action-to-close-southern-border-sources-say

Thanks. A few possibilities: article said legal folks are exploring how to avoid being shut down by the courts since they have an existing court ruling they have to deal with. If they don’t feel they can come up with a solution that will survive a court challenge they may want to delay implementation until closer to the election to buy time. They may also be assessing this:

https://www.npr.org/2024/02/15/1231634383/migrant-border-crossings-into-the-u-s-dropped-significantly-in-january#:~:text=Migrant border crossings into the U.S. dropped significantly in January %3A NPR&text=Morning Edition-,Migrant border crossings into the U.S. dropped significantly in January,dropped by 50% in January.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

Trump requiring Republicans to swear belief in a lie in order to work in one of the two major parties in our country.

That doesn't concern you at least a little?  You don't think it's creepy?

Or is it you believe the lie?

Did not require swearing from what I read. Just asked a question some people felt uncomfortable with regarding the hire.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/mar/27/rnc-stolen-election-interview-question

Danielle Alvarez, a spokesperson for the RNC and Trump, said in a statement.

“We want experienced staff with meaningful views on how elections are won and lost and real experience-based opinions about what happens in the trenches.”

11 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Don't be such a pedantic jerk.  You (should be) better than that.

You do accept that "Trump actually won in 2020" is a lie, don't you?

Requiring someone to “swear” pre employment vs asking a question is not a small error. 

And no Trump did not win the 2020 election. We have discussed it in the past.

6 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Requiring someone to “swear” pre employment vs asking a question is not a small error. 

And no Trump did not win the 2020 election. We have discussed it in the past.

You do agree that Trump is now in total control of the Republican party, don't you?

Just now, homersapien said:

You do agree that Trump is now in total control of the Republican party, don't you?

Appears to be and I am at a loss. 

8 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Believing that the 2020 election was stolen is believing in a false reality.  If you can force your followers to believe in one false narrative, it stands to reason that they will believe in other false narratives as well.  That is not healthy and is detrimental to the concept of free and fair elections.

There simply has to be some honor on the part of individuals and respect for the democratic process itself for it to continue to work.  If you place self or party above country, manipulating the system becomes an acceptable avenue to achieve one's goals. 

I have asked and will continue to ask, do people on here consider a governor changing election voting standards legal without going through proper state legislation?   How about voter mail in ballots?   I’m not a voting machine rigging conspiracy theorist but I can plainly see that election voting was changed without the proper process last election.    And what was the excuse? Covid.   But yet city after city was protested, rioted and looted in the name of social justice without any pushback from democrats.   

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1