Want to work for the new RNC? You must profess to believing a lie.

12 hours ago, AU9377 said:

There is a new litmus test to work for the RNC.  You need to believe that the 2020 election was stolen, even though there has been no evidence supporting that claim and mountains of evidence proving that claim to be false. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/was-the-2020-election-stolen-job-interviews-at-rnc-take-an-unusual-turn/ar-BB1kAxoV

It seems there is a litmus test to work for NBC. I guess you are OK with that.

Edited by Son of A Tiger
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I have asked and will continue to ask, do people on here consider a governor changing election voting standards legal without going through proper state legislation?   How about voter mail in ballots?   I’m not a voting machine rigging conspiracy theorist but I can plainly see that election voting was changed without the proper process last election.    And what was the excuse? Covid.   But yet city after city was protested, rioted and looted in the name of social justice without any pushback from democrats.   

You are tying riots to changes in absentee voting? 

I am not aware of election voting standards being changed in the swing states that Trump lost.  I know for a fact that, in Georgia, no such changes were made. The only change was that registered voters were mailed a form that they could choose to use to apply for an absentee ballot.  Those ballots were signature verified and after 2 recounts, an audit and the Republican governor and Republican Sec of State reviewing everything, no voter fraud was found.  That is a fact.

Historically, we have considered it to be a good thing when voter participation is increased.  Believing that there was widespread election fraud that changed the results of the 2020 election is simply choosing to believe in a false narrative that is being used in an attempt to make the valid results not legitimate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

I have asked and will continue to ask, do people on here consider a governor changing election voting standards legal without going through proper state legislation?   How about voter mail in ballots?   I’m not a voting machine rigging conspiracy theorist but I can plainly see that election voting was changed without the proper process last election.    And what was the excuse? Covid.   But yet city after city was protested, rioted and looted in the name of social justice without any pushback from democrats.   

Wasn’t every such case challenged in court and the vote held valid?

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Pretty basic- don’t lie about elections being rigged.

• Like 2

Dear lord denialists hurt my head. 3 years of alien abduction-grade conspiracies. It’s same guys who scream the refs are corrupt and against us on every game thread when we lose a game. Why would trump run again if he truly believed that the systems rigged against him? Be kinda pointless wouldn’t it?

Please think. This “steal” stuff has  gotten really tiresome and embarrassing for the country.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

NBC is a corporate entity.  Their choice to terminate the employment of Ronna McDaniel is on them.  They should have never hired her, knowing that she has always been more than willing to promote the Trump lies about the 2020 election.

Fox pushed those lies and more and it has cost them close to a billion dollars to date, with more to come. I don't see many of you holding them accountable for telling you what you want to hear.

• Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

What was being discussed a month ago and leaked to the media. Options and considerations. Set the anticipation that something, anything was coming. Since then crickets. 

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/02/21/politics/biden-considering-executive-action-to-close-southern-border-sources-say

I agree that the border is the one issue that makes Biden the most vulnerable.  It is very frustrating that he hasn't taken a stronger position by now.  Politically, it is a mistake.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Dear lord denialists hurt my head. 3 years of alien abduction-grade conspiracies. It’s same guys who scream the refs are corrupt and against us on every game thread when we lose a game. Why would trump run again if he truly believed that the systems rigged against him? Be kinda pointless wouldn’t it?

Please think. This “steal” stuff has  gotten really tiresome and embarrassing for the country.

Still yet to see an explanation for tabulation and reporting ceasing at 10:30 in all the swing states. No updates for about five hours. I watched it live. Not made up. Trump had substantial leads. Upon resumption of tabulation and reporting votes came in with a much higher Biden ratio. Well above the expected or predicted breakdown. These were not mail in or absentee ballots. Those were counted later. So yeah that looks suspicious to me. No one has addressed or explained this anomaly that had never occurred in any election I remember beginning in 1968. Still waiting.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

3 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Still yet to see an explanation for tabulation and reporting ceasing at 10:30 in all the swing states. No updates for about five hours. I watched it live. Not made up. Trump had substantial leads. Upon resumption of tabulation and reporting votes came in with a much higher Biden ratio. Well above the expected or predicted breakdown. These were not mail in or absentee ballots. Those were counted later. So yeah that looks suspicious to me. No one has addressed or explained this anomaly that had never occurred in any election I remember beginning in 1968. Still waiting.

I’m guessing you think 2016 wasn’t rigged and completely fair, even though Clinton was heavily favored. Right?  Seeing any kind of pattern on when things are fair and when they’re stolen? 

I am.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Still yet to see an explanation for tabulation and reporting ceasing at 10:30 in all the swing states. No updates for about five hours..

9 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

No one has addressed or explained this anomaly that had never occurred in any election I remember beginning in 1968. Still waiting.

Explanations have been posted in previous threads. You've just chosen to not believe them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

9 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

I’m guessing you think 2016 wasn’t rigged and completely fair, even though Clinton was heavily favored. Right?  Seeing any kind of pattern on when things are fair and when they’re stolen? 

I am.

Clinton was heavily favored in polls which have in previous elections been wrong. Probably because many polls are biased to produce the desired predicted outcome. But she never led, ran a poor campaign, ignored closely contested states while Trump fought for every vote, and could barely walk at the end of the campaign. She knew she was in trouble, evidenced by cancelling her victory venue. Comparing 2016 to 2020 regarding the anomalies I identified is laughably invalid.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Explanations have been posted in previous threads. You've just chosen to not believe them. 

Sorry but that is not true. 

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Clinton was heavily favored in polls which have in previous elections been wrong. Probably because many polls are biased to produce the desired predicted outcome. But she never led, ran a poor campaign, ignored closely contested states while Trump fought for every vote, and could barely walk at the end of the campaign. She knew she was in trouble, evidenced by cancelling her victory venue. Comparing 2016 to 2020 regarding the anomalies I identified is laughably invalid.  

i find this somewhat true. the fact he could barely walk is a stretch. i will need a link on that one jj.

20 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Imagine if Trump had lost the election in 2016, but had 3 million more votes than Hillary in the final vote count? 

Canceling her victory venue?  I have no idea where that came from, given that there were thousands gathered at the Javits Center in Manhattan. 

She had the decency to ask her supporters to give Trump an open mind in her concession speech the next morning.  She also had the decency to attend the inauguration.  Two things Trump lacked the character to do in 2020.

Relying on Fox and AON and worse for credible information will only yield half truths and at times (see Dominion voting systems) downright lies to appease their viewers.

Keep in mind... Trump doesn't actually dislike the Clintons.  That is all an act to keep you all ginned up.  He spent decades describing Bill as one of the best Presidents in U.S. history and predicted that Hillary would be the first female President.  Ofcourse, that was before he actually won the nomination and realized some of you would do whatever he wanted and believe anything he says.

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, AU9377 said:

You are tying riots to changes in absentee voting? 

I am not aware of election voting standards being changed in the swing states that Trump lost.  I know for a fact that, in Georgia, no such changes were made. The only change was that registered voters were mailed a form that they could choose to use to apply for an absentee ballot.  Those ballots were signature verified and after 2 recounts, an audit and the Republican governor and Republican Sec of State reviewing everything, no voter fraud was found.  That is a fact.

Historically, we have considered it to be a good thing when voter participation is increased.  Believing that there was widespread election fraud that changed the results of the 2020 election is simply choosing to believe in a false narrative that is being used in an attempt to make the valid results not legitimate. 

That’s the question you got out of that?   That’s why trying to have a decent discussion on anything political topics is worthless.    Everyone has their point of view and little will change no matter what is said.    Pennsylvania governor changed election laws with the stroke of the pen and was upheld by the courts.   Does that still make it right?   Just look at some of the Supreme Court rulings, Biden doesn’t care.   He is still forgiving student loans.    
 I’m not a Trump fan, but I can look at how he was treated and currently what is happening and know that no one is remotely treated the same way.   But it’s okay, that’s why I try and stay away from the political forum because the same few people over here think there is only one point of view worth listening to.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, jj3jordan said:

Sorry but that is not true. 

Well, it is, actually, because I posted some of them.

Regardless, counting didn't stop anywhere that night except in North Carolina, when they finished counting the in-person vote. In all states, reporting understandably slowed down while waiting on the fewer remaining counties to be counted. I don't know why you think that would be anything sinister - happens in every election.

Elections always swing toward Democrats in the later counting because it takes longer to count urban areas. As I recall, Trump actually started "warning" people to watch for this on election night as evidence that the government was trying to steal the election, along with, of course, the massive mail-in fraud. 

You say the break for Biden in later vote counting was much larger than expected. That's an entirely subjective statement. Who was expecting it and what were they expecting the margin to be? Where were they getting the numbers that set their expectations? For that matter, do you have any evidence to back up your claims about the delays in reporting, which states you're referring to, expected vs actual margins, etc.? Or are you basing all of this on what you "witnessed?" 

Surely you're aware that final vote counts aren't finished for a number of days after every election? You just don't hear about it because the margin usually isn't close enough to warrant waiting on calling it for one candidate or another. Also, usually one candidate isn't grooming his supporters to think everything is rigged against them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Ok that’s a completely different take on history. 1) polls have picked correctly every president since JFK - 2016 shocked the entire polling industry 2) all I ever heard in 2016 was that Trump ran a lazy haphazard  campaign. Which made the results even more unexpected. Theres a zillion articles on it. Ie

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-campaign-team-our-candidate_b_12232468

Edited by auburnatl1

23 hours ago, AU9377 said:

.....There simply has to be some honor on the part of individuals and respect for the democratic process itself for it to continue to work.  If you place self or party above country, manipulating the system becomes an acceptable avenue to achieve one's goals. 

And that is the true, fundamental threat Trump represents.

Edited by homersapien
  • Dislike 1

14 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Did not require swearing from what I read. Just asked a question some people felt uncomfortable with regarding the hire.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/mar/27/rnc-stolen-election-interview-question

Danielle Alvarez, a spokesperson for the RNC and Trump, said in a statement.

“We want experienced staff with meaningful views on how elections are won and lost and real experience-based opinions about what happens in the trenches.”

OK, that's fair.  You're right. I deleted my post.

However, it would be interesting to know how many people who expressed their view Trump lost fair and square in 2020 were ultimately hired - or if any of them actually expressed that opinion in their interview.

It would also be interesting to see what would happen to an active Republican Party employee who stated publicly that Trump lost the 2020 election after being hired.

15 hours ago, aubaseball said:

I have asked and will continue to ask, do people on here consider a governor changing election voting standards legal without going through proper state legislation?   How about voter mail in ballots?   

The better question would be to ask if either of those actions actually affected the results.  Is that not the bigger issue?

(The court rulings said no.)

And what was the excuse? Covid.  

Pretty good "excuse" (reason) I would say.

But yet city after city was protested, rioted and looted in the name of social justice without any pushback from democrats.   

That's just a flat out propaganda lie.   Right up there with "Democratic pedophilic Pizza parlors".

It's also a lie to infer the BLM protests were generally violent in character.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Texas, you’re missing the point. It’s 50 million voters with a perception. He looks completely uninterested and disengaged with the one issue voters see as his biggest ongoing failure. Bully pulpit the hell out of the issue daily and lead. Dont look checked out and whiney.

Political self inflicted suicide. Respectfully, it’s indefensible. 
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4490145-voters-see-border-as-bidens-biggest-failure-poll/amp/

I may be giving voters too much credit, but I think you are over-rating the effect the border will have on on the voting populace, especially considering how Trump and MAGA legislatures stymied the genuine bipartisan effort to legislate progress. 

I think women's reproductive rights (for example) will have a much larger effect than the border.

12 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Absolutely.  We are supposed to be the world's standard for democracy.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/europe/putin-on-us-democracy-the-whole-world-is-laughing/articleshow/108580920.cms

Putin on US democracy: 'The Whole world is laughing'

Edited by homersapien

9 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I may be giving voters too much credit, but I think you are over-rating the effect the border will have on on the voting populace, especially considering how Trump and MAGA legislatures stymied the genuine bipartisan effort to legislate progress. 

I think women's reproductive rights (for example) will have a much larger effect than the border.

Maybe…

image.thumb.png.d861a853442194c25448e2b8a505c6d9.png

56 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

That’s the question you got out of that?   That’s why trying to have a decent discussion on anything political topics is worthless.    Everyone has their point of view and little will change no matter what is said.    Pennsylvania governor changed election laws with the stroke of the pen and was upheld by the courts.   Does that still make it right?  

Does the fact the election law was not technically not followed necessarily mean the resulting votes cast were invalid?

Since the courts upheld the governor's actions, do you think the judges considered the validity of the votes that were cast?

Would you have preferred the courts to throw out all of those legitimate ballots simply because of a procedural technicality?

You are desperately seeking a reason to call the election illegitimate.  Hell, do you even know how the votes in question were split? 

• Facepalm 1