Y’all Beating your kids in a circle?

42 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

*Circle beating him* lasted longer and probably gave him a better understanding of the grief it caused dad.

So the longer the beating the better? Got it. Taking notes. Does it have to be a full circle in one direction, or can you rotate hands and have 2 semicircles?

BTW, IF punishment was warranted for a 6 year old making an erroneous assumption and finding a way to church on this day, a restriction can last even longer. Restrictions stuck with me more than whoopings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

So the longer the beating the better? Got it. Taking notes. Does it have to be a full circle in one direction, or can you rotate hands and have 2 semicircles?

BTW, IF punishment was warranted for a 6 year old making an erroneous assumption and finding a way to church on this day, a restriction can last even longer. Restrictions stuck with me more than whoopings.

Has no problem beating his kid for "corrective action," but wails about any effort by the legal system to do the same for a septuagenarian with the same mentality. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Has no problem beating his kid for "corrective action," but wails about any effort by the legal system to do the same for a septuagenarian with the same mentality. 

We haven’t heard Stormy’s testimony yet. He may have had a spanking already.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

So the longer the beating the better? Got it.

Only you could come up with that assumption.

3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Does it have to be a full circle in one direction, or can you rotate hands and have 2 semicircles?

This indicates you know nothing about it.  The direction is dictated by the child trying to get away from the *beating*.

If you haven’t been whooped to the point it didn’t stick with you, it wasn’t long enough or you were wearing thick jeans.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

This indicates you know nothing about it.  The direction is dictated by the child trying to get away from the *beating*.

If you haven’t been whooped to the point it didn’t stick with you, it wasn’t long enough or you were wearing thick jeans.

I’m amazed at your capacity to say increasingly stupid things on a consistent basis. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

I’m sure you and your wife did other great things that contributed to his success. I doubt this episode was the critical piece of the puzzle.

Thank you for your driveby analysis. Dismissive as always when confronted with anything that counters the narrative.

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Thank you for your driveby analysis. Dismissive as always when confronted with anything that counters the narrative.

How you squeeze this exchange into your standard narrative is, I must say, truly impressive! 👏👏

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

How you squeeze this exchange into your standard narrative is, I must say, truly impressive! 👏👏

Well, if he wants to ignore years of love, support, and hard work to set a good example for his son and chalk up his succes as a parent to dishing out a good ass-whuppin', that's certainly his prerogative. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Well, if he wants to ignore years of love, support, and hard work to set a good example for his son and chalk up his succes as a parent to dishing out a good ass-whuppin', that's certainly his prerogative. 

Right? I was giving him more credit than he gave himself. 🤷🏼‍♂️

9 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

In my experience, except for the cases where it was actual abuse... the parents are more traumatized in the long run than the kid. I'll hear parents give every detail of a whooping they gave their kid, then ask the now adult child about it and they either don't remember it at all or they tell it through the lense of their father/mother.

Someone previously mentioned the "This hurts me more than it hurts you" line... and in the long run, for good parents at least. That is true.

5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

😕 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

In my experience, except for the cases where it was actual abuse... the parents are more traumatized in the long run than the kid. I'll hear parents give every detail of a whooping they gave their kid, then ask the now adult child about it and they either don't remember it at all or they tell it through the lense of their father/mother.

Someone previously mentioned the "This hurts me more than it hurts you" line... and in the long run, for good parents at least. That is true.

😕 

I think many parents are conflicted about it— though I doubt Mark Robinson and the more gung-ho proponents are. My mom & grandmother were clearly pained doing it—it was what they thought they had to given their culture/upbringing. Dad was usually angry. I don’t remember the specifics of anything I was paddle/switched over. Once I was “too big” to paddle I Remember exactly why I was restricted every time.

I had principals in school that enjoyed it.

8 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Once I was “too big” to paddle I Remember exactly why I was restricted every time.

A key component is *too big* or when it loses it’s effectiveness as a disciplinary tool.

• Like 1

When I was a child, meaning 6 to 11 approximately, my father had no issue taking his belt off.  That hardly ever happened though, and if it did, it was because I had acted way out of bounds.  From memory, it may have happened twice, but the threat was there.  Granted, I was a well behaved child compared to most.

Both of my grandmothers kept a switch on top of the refrigerator.  I never remember them using it, but it was there.  I do remember a smart mouthed cousin of mine getting a well deserved few taps with the switch as we all laughed from a distance.  This wasn't in ancient times, but was last century - 80s and 90s.

It isn't unlawful for a parent to spank a child.  It is unlawful for a parent to beat a child.  There is a difference and that difference isn't hard to recognize.  I try to give parents the benefit of the doubt at first, because the same types of discipline don't always work with some kids like they do with others.  That being said, I have no patience for parents that leave their children bruised and call it discipline.  Almost without exception, what I see is a parent that failed to teach their children to respect others from an early age.  Behavior that they thought was cute becomes anything but as the child gets over.  Even worse is when there has been so much neglect that the child's first real experience with consequences is when they arrive at school.

Wow. A colloquialism for spanking is now illegal?

I hate that in America many think that saying no to anything, anyone, at anytime is just too much for our poor children to bear…

BS. 

17 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

You don’t know anything. If you think you do, you need to get back on your meds.  Was an Ass-whipping part of it? Sure. But raising a child with love and discipline brings out the best of kids. Letting a child never see consequences is an act of child abuse but so is not loving them. 

5 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

I hate that in America many think that saying no to anything, anyone, at anytime is just too much for our poor children to bear…

BS. 

There's not a damn person in this thread that said anything remotely similar to that, and you know it. NOBODY said you don't discipline a child - in fact we all pointed out the opposite. You came in here talking about your son turning out great because of this incident, and bragged about being famous for it.

If you're going to show your ass, well, be prepared for it to be beat in a circle.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

BS. 

This isn’t about snowflakes and america has become a nation of wussy cream puffs.   It’s about technique of punishment.  Btw  Every older generation forever has thought the younger ones have it too easy.

Personally I think you can consequence the hell out of kids without whacking them but so long as it isn’t done because the parents can’t control their temper or had a crappy day - their call.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 2

I think it's good we're growing up past the culture where we bragging about whipping kids bloody with tree limbs/belts/etc and how that made them 'good kids' or something. Plenty of ways you can punish and discipline children without intentionally causing physical pain making children afraid of their own parents. 

Spanking children with your hands is whatever, In my opinion. I wouldn't choose to use it as a form of discipline, but I don't think it should be 'illegal' or anything.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

But raising a child with love and discipline brings out the best of kids. Letting a child never see consequences is an act of child abuse but so is not loving them. 

Agree on this, but I “don’t know anything.” 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Leftfield said:

If you're going to show your ass, well, be prepared for it to be beat in a circle.

My god man.... 

That is hilarious :lol: 

On 4/14/2024 at 12:19 PM, DKW 86 said:

And of course you would state something like that...GFY

Hell you admitted it.  Laid it out plain and simple. 

It was a child.  He doesn't think like an adult.  And you took a teaching moment and indulged yourself.

On 4/14/2024 at 1:54 PM, TexasTiger said:

I hope it sours him on church - and religion in general.  For his own good.

23 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

I’m amazed at your capacity to say increasingly stupid things on a consistent basis. 

The only downside to ignoring him. ;)

On 4/15/2024 at 1:48 PM, Leftfield said:

There's not a damn person in this thread that said anything remotely similar to that, and you know it. NOBODY said you don't discipline a child - in fact we all pointed out the opposite. You came in here talking about your son turning out great because of this incident, and bragged about being famous for it.

That sounds like more of a reward, ask fiddy….

20 hours ago, homersapien said:

Hell you admitted it.  Laid it out plain and simple. 

It was a child.  He doesn't think like an adult.  And you took a teaching moment and indulged yourself.

BS as usual.  For the record, it was the only time I ever spanked the kid.