Mens Golf NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And we're off............. just started our round currently 1 under with two players on the course. Course must be playing tough best score for a team that have played thru 16 holes is 5 over which is Ohio St. the higher ranked teams are just now teeing off. Being a holiday weekend I will try to keep everyone up to date but I will be a little busy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Damn Gilbert had a 9 on par 4 guess we'll not be using his scorecard thank god we're deep but that will hurt a little today. It puts a little pressure on the other four players because unless Gilbert goes on a birdie spree we will not use his scorecard

• Sad 1

We started on back 9 currently 3 over as a comparison Vandy is 6 over. We are teamed with Vandy and N. Carolina

• Thanks 1

We sit at 2 over tied for fourth thru about 13 holes. I'm happy with how we are playing this course is a tough one at least today it is. Another thing is no team has ever played this course until their practices rounds yesterday. 

Would have been nice if Gilbert had not had that frickin 9 on the par 4 pretty well took him out of play today.

• Like 3

Finished at 5 over in seventh place 17th hole hurt us 4 guys bogeyed the hole. Overall a decent score this is a marathon not a sprint still have 36 holes just to get in the top 15 then another 18 to get into top 8 to start match play. To get to finals they will have played 8 rounds of golf carrying their own bags.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Finished at 5 over in seventh place 17th hole hurt us 4 guys bogeyed the hole. Overall a decent score this is a marathon not a sprint still have 36 holes just to get in the top 15 then another 18 to get into top 8 to start match play. To get to finals they will have played 8 rounds of golf carrying their own bags.

Are any networks like Golf Channel or ESPN covering this weekend?

Thanks golf for keeping us updated.   Working all weekend and unable to watch or listen.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

Are any networks like Golf Channel or ESPN covering this weekend?

I believe one of them will carry some of the match play which will start next Tuesday 

I’m out and about today getting ready for Memorial Day so can’t do updates until later today 

Omni La Costa North Course - D1 Men's Championship - Par 72 - 7538 Yards
Carlsbad, CA US
May 24-27, 2024

Pos
moveup.png movedown.png
Team
To Par
Thru
Today
R1
R2
Total
  -  
+2
8 - 11
E
-
-
T2
  moveup.png 2  
+4
5 - 8
E
-
-
T2
  moveup.png 10  
+4
12 - 15
-
-
T4
  movedown.png 3  
+6
7 - 10
+4
-
-
T4
  moveup.png 3  
+6
12:55
-
-
-
T6
  moveup.png 3  
+7
5 - 8
-
-
T6
  movedown.png 1  
+7
7 - 10
+2
-
-
T8
  moveup.png 9  
+8
10 - 13
-
-
T8
  movedown.png 5  
+8
12 - 15
+5
-
-
T8
  moveup.png 1  
+8
-
-
-
T11
  moveup.png 1  
+9
12:22
-
-
-
T11
  moveup.png 1  
+9
-
-
-
T13
  moveup.png 2  
+10
-
-
-
T13
  moveup.png 2  
+10
12:00
-
-
-
  moveup.png 2  
+11
-
-
-
T16
  moveup.png 3  
+13
8 - 11
E
-
-
T16
  moveup.png 3  
LSU
+13
1:17
-
-
-
  movedown.png 13  
+14
12 - 15
+9
-
-
T19
  moveup.png 4  
+15
5 - 8
-
-
T19
  moveup.png 2  
SMU
+15
-
-
-
T19
  moveup.png 2  
+15
-
-
-
T22
  movedown.png 14  
+17
7 - 10
+10
-
-
T22
  moveup.png 2  
+17
10 - 13
E
-
-
T24
  moveup.png 1  
+18
1:50
-
-
-
T24
  moveup.png 1  
+18
-
-
-
T26
  moveup.png 1  
+19
-
-
-
T26
  moveup.png 1  
+19
-
-
-
  movedown.png 19  
+20
10 - 13
+12
-
-
T29
  -  
+22
8 - 11
+1
-
-
T29
  moveup.png 1  
+22
-

AUmCeHW.png
Dallas, TX
Member since Oct 2008
41676 posts

Live Scoring

National championships

Friday, May 24-Wednesday, May 29
Omni La Costa Resort & Spa | Carlsbad, CA

Teams
Auburn
Virginia
Texas Tech
Ohio State
LSU
Clemson
East Tennessee State
North Carolina
Georgia Tech
Baylor
Vanderbilt
Purdue
Florida
Arizona
New Mexico
Oklahoma
California
Oklahoma State
West Virginia
North Florida
Illinois
Florida State
Texas A&M
SMU
Stanford
Texas
Tennessee
Notre Dame
Utah
Wake Forest

trying to help mr golf but this might not help?

All 30 teams and six individuals will complete 54 holes of stroke play. Following 54 holes of competition, the top 15 teams along with the top nine individuals not on an advancing team will advance for one additional day of stroke play to determine the top eight teams for match-play competition and the 72-hole stroke-play individual champion. The top eight teams after 72 holes of play will be placed into a bracket thereafter.
  • Like 1

I have no idea how that picture turned up and i am NOT high yet. must be chemo brain. and just think you guys did not think i have a brain..........

After round 1.

T1 Virginia +2
T1 Arizona +2
3 North Carolina +3
4 Georgia Tech +4
T5 Illinois +5
T5 Auburn +5
7 Ohio State +6
8 Florida +7
T9 Texas +8
T9 East Tennessee St. +8
T9 Notre Dame +8
T12 Vanderbilt +9
T12 Stanford +9
T12 Baylor +9
T15 Wake Forest +10
T15 Texas A&M +10
T17 Florida State +11
T17 New Mexico +11
T19 LSU +13
T19 Oklahoma +13
T21 SMU +15
T21 Oklahoma State +15
23 California +16
24 Tennessee +17
T25 Clemson +18
T25 Utah +18
T27 North Florida +19
T27 West Virginia +19
29 Texas Tech +21
30 Purdue +22

Not looking good today. +9 for the day, +14 for the tournament to put us in 18th place. Hoping somebody can find some kind of stride to finish strong and help Jackson out. Top 15 teams after tomorrow's round advance. this is today..............

auburntigers.com

Men’s golf trio earns PING All-Region honors

Auburn University Athletics
4–5 minutes

CARLSBAD, Calif. – Auburn men's golfers J.M. Butler, Jackson Koivun and Brendan Valdes were all named to the All-Southeast Region Team, as announced by PING and the GCAA Saturday.

It is the first all-region appearance for Koivun, second for Valdes and third for Butler. Koivun is Auburn's first freshman named to the all-region team since Brandon Mancheno in 2018.

In a rookie season that has seen unprecedented success, Koivun has commanded national attention with a pair of wins, 31 of 37 rounds at par or better and top-five showings in 10 of 12 tournaments. The 2024 Ben Hogan Award Winner and SEC Player of the Year pushed the Tigers to a fifth SEC title and the No. 1 seed heading into the 2024 NCAA Championship.

Valdes has traded top finishes with Koivun all year long as the junior is poised for another All-American run. Nine top-10 finishes for the Orlando, Florida native have resulted in a No. 9 ranking in the latest Scoreboard poll. He boasts a 70.11 scoring average on the year behind four eagles and 154 birdies.

In his final spring on The Plains, Butler has been a medalist threat in nearly every event. The senior picked up a pair of wins over a three-tournament span to collect the second and third victories of his career. He is one of nine players in Auburn history to hit the three-win mark.

The trio looks to lead the Tigers to an NCAA Championship this week, May 25-29,  at the Omni La Costa Champions Course in Carlsbad, California. 

Players Mentioned

J.M. Butler

J.M. Butler

6' 3" Senior

Brendan Valdes

Brendan Valdes

6' 0" Junior

Jackson Koivun

Jackson Koivun

5' 10" Freshman

rumor is mr golf has a pet gator he rides around on and drinks a pabst or three..................

Really nice close by the boys.  Had fallen to +14 as a team overall and + 9 for the day, end up with 6 birdies in the last 3 holes to sit +10 and T-9 with plenty of teams left to go on a hard course.  Really resilient end there.

• Like 3

Auburn is finished for the day coming on strong after a slow start. Looking at the leader board you would expect the good guys to end up about like yesterday 5th or 6th spot when the dust settles after 2nd round.  But we know our Tigers have it in 'em to make a charge on the Cavaliers once again like they did in the Regionals.  WDE!!

• Like 3

Thanks all for pitching in........rough day for the good guys until last 4 or 5 holes guys came thru at the end with some birdies to improve on such a terrible start. I just want to shoot par or better tomorrow to get some cushion before we start the final round of stroke play on Monday. Got to give credit to the team for hanging in there while Vandy was playing so well. Really wish they would get the Nationals back to the eastern US or even the southeast. Seems like the last 4 or 5 years have been in AZ or CA.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, autan said:

Auburn is finished for the day coming on strong after a slow start. Looking at the leader board you would expect the good guys to end up about like yesterday 5th or 6th spot when the dust settles after 2nd round.  But we know our Tigers have it in 'em to make a charge on the Cavaliers once again like they did in the Regionals.  WDE!!

where have you been you rascal?

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Thanks all for pitching in........rough day for the good guys until last 4 or 5 holes guys came thru at the end with some birdies to improve on such a terrible start. I just want to shoot par or better tomorrow to get some cushion before we start the final round of stroke play on Monday. Got to give credit to the team for hanging in there while Vandy was playing so well. Really wish they would get the Nationals back to the eastern US or even the southeast. Seems like the last 4 or 5 years have been in AZ or CA.  

i will try to keep up and you can us dummies what it means. i have to stay out of the sun so i am chilling inside.

Just like @autan said we are slowly climbing currently back in 5th just like we started. I think we may move up to 4th if Ohio St. keeps falling they still have about 12 holes to play. This is one hard course would love to see it on TV so I could tell what's the story on why so hard.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Just like @autan said we are slowly climbing currently back in 5th just like we started. I think we may move up to 4th if Ohio St. keeps falling they still have about 12 holes to play. This is one hard course would love to see it on TV so I could tell what's the story on why so hard.

Golf I've read several players say you have to be really good with the driver.   Others talked about how firm the greens are.   Others talked about tough pin placements.   Some call it a second shot course.  One thing is clear, it is a tough track.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Golf I've read several players say you have to be really good with the driver.   Others talked about how firm the greens are.   Others talked about tough pin placements.   Some call it a second shot course.  One thing is clear, it is a tough track.

Thanks....I've heard you have to be patient and really control your ball, control your trajectory and control your spin. You're exposed if you can't." Patients is not the strongest suit for some young college players our big exception is Jackson who's sitting at 1 under and 4th in individual leaderboard atm and.