Kudos to the AU Band

Scottie4AU

I have pulled myself out of my 'lurker' status because of what I experienced Saturday.

My daughter is in her first year of marching band at Auburn High...so naturally, I am much more keenly aware of all things band these days! After Tiger Walk on Saturday, my family decided to hang around before going into the microwave oven (aka, J-H Stadium).

We were able to witness the Band's Spirit Walk (at least that is what I think it is called :huh: ). At the intersection of Donahue and Roosevelt, the band comes together from the four directions. They play the fight song and the other traditionals...and there are some cheers.

I thought it was really cool! I remember thinking, "This would be huge on a big game day!" I will be back.

Everybody may already know about that....or think it isn't a big deal. But I wanted to commend the Band in this forum. I think they are a most awesome part of the AU tradition, and I am glad to have learned about the Spirit Walk. If you get a chance to check it out, I think you will like it.

I look at it this way: Since I started attending the AU Band Spirit Walk, the Tigers have scored on EVERY possession!!! :big:

So, a big :au: WAR EAGLE :au: to the AU Band!

I have pulled myself out of my 'lurker' status because of what I experienced Saturday. 

My daughter is in her first year of marching band at Auburn High...so naturally, I am much more keenly aware of all things band these days!  After Tiger Walk on Saturday, my family decided to hang around before going into the microwave oven (aka, J-H Stadium).

We were able to witness the Band's Spirit Walk (at least that is what I think it is called  :huh: ).  At the intersection of Donahue and Roosevelt, the band comes together from the four directions.  They play the fight song and the other traditionals...and there are some cheers.

I thought it was really cool!  I remember thinking, "This would be huge on a big game day!"  I will be back.

Everybody may already know about that....or think it isn't a big deal.  But I wanted to commend the Band in this forum.  I think they are a most awesome part of the AU tradition, and I am glad to have learned about the Spirit Walk.  If you get a chance to check it out, I think you will like it.

I look at it this way:  Since I started attending the AU Band Spirit Walk, the Tigers have scored on EVERY possession!!!  :big:

So, a big  :au: WAR EAGLE :au:   to the AU Band!

182475[/snapback]

Yes its a great tradition. I must ask that you continue to go so that we can persistantly score 63 points every game.

Archived