Georgia @ UT - Who ya got?

SouthLink02

Georgia @ UT - Who ya got?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Georgia @ UT - Who ya got?

• Georgia
    • Tennessee

No AU game this weekend so I wanted to get your thoughts on ours this weekend.

Was going to include a not sure option but I figured I would pressure those to vote one way or the other. :big::uga:

I think last year's loss to UT was maybe the 2nd most "How the HELL did we lose that game" that I ever attended (UF in 2002 was the 1st).....

So, with that said....I am VERY, VERY nervous about this game. The way many posters on other UGA boards act....we have this game wrapped up. BS homers, imo.

Problems with UGA that worry me? Our OL is not blocking well for our RB's. Holes didnt exist against MSU, BSU, or USC....our center is being destroyed almost weekly against lesser teams. Add in UT's DL...maybe the best in the SEC....and that scares me. We have Shockley at QB....uh.....I love him....but....he makes me nervous. Our DL is getting pressure on QB's....sometimes....sometimes we play GREAT....sometimes we struggle.

Our D has played great so far this year....but we now play our first road test against a team that we will HAVE to make adjustments.....Martinez (our DC) hasn't had a real test until now....we shall see how he does....

I think our schedule has allowed us to get bye with these problems AND I think this is the type of game we can put everything behind us and play great....just as we did in Knoxville in 2001 and 2003.

So....being a UGA fan...I will say

UGA - 23

UT - 21

Flumer, once again has decided on a QB, ok sure lets see him stick to it this time. While Clausen is the better Qb, it should only take one or two times of him getting pressured into a bad throw, turnover or not to kill a drive before fulmer goes to rotating his Qb again.

Shockely and the running game will struggle against a good front 7 of UT just enough for this one to stay close.

I'll call it

:uga: 24

:ut: 17

going to come down to the wire-i'm not feeling strong one way or the other

i like georgia because of their defense

i like tennesse because i don't like Shockley at Neyland

i'll say tennessee for now because I think Clausen will be more productive than Shockley given the circumstances

Just to continue with the prevalent theme of unpredictability in the SEC this year, I like the Dawgs in this one. Shockley needs his "light switches on" moment like Campbell had for us last year, and I think this weekend is when it happens.

Shockley playing at Neyland is the only reason I pick :ut: in a very close game:

:ut: 24 :uga: 23

I think the puppies have an edge over UT in a couple of categories. The main one is coaching. UGA is a complete team. UT is a bunch of good players attempting to form a team.

Time will tell.

:ut: Sorry Slink, No coach in the :sec: is better with a conference loss that Fulmer. See 2004 season....

You yourself could not see how :uga: lost to Fulmer last year. Wait for the repeat, IMHO.

I think the defenses are pretty comparable. I think Georgia's offense, however, is a good bit better than Tennessee's. Home field keeps it relatively close but Georgia still wins.

Georgia 20

Tennessee 14

I think UGA will go in and get the win at Neyland. I still think it will be a closer game than it could be. Tennessess has yet to impress me in any game for the WHOLE game. Yes, they have good moments, but to beat a top class SEC team, you have to be great the whole time!!!

UGA 28

UT 17

Both Defenses are good!! UGA has proved to be a little bit better than UT against the pass. Both are very tough against the run. I see passing game to be key.....which QB gets in sync first? who throws an INT first? I think UT has the better WRs, but I would give the QB edge to UGA. Even against Ole Miss, UT did not look that outstanding. I really think this is going to be a defensive struggle. This one you better protect the ball.....it may come down just to who gets the best field possession, b/c neither may have a lot of offensive production. I would give UGA the nod with the best running game also. They are second in the SEC in scoring!! I'm with you Link..

dawgs 20

tenn 17

no idea, UT is shady. UGA really hasnt been tested besides USC....and i think that was a fluke that it was that close.

well i guess Boise State was a test, but UGA handled them really well.

im gonna say

UGA 13

UT 10

but that could go either way........its going to be a good game.

I'll be at the game this weekend with some UT friends, proudly sporting the Auburn colors.

I'm gonna go with David on this one. Fulmer at home is TOUGH TO BEAT. And I'm thinking that Shockley will be forced into making a bad pass sooner than Clausen will. He'll take the sack before he makes dumb plays like certain other starting QB's for the Vols this year.

Anyway, I'm goin' with the Volunqueers......

:ut: 24

:uga: 21

I couldn't believe UT beat UGA at Athens last year, either. I think they they will do it again in Knoxville, tho. Clausen is a cool competitor. I'll be pulling for the Dogs, but look for UT to win by 17-13.

I'm gonna go with David on this one.  Fulmer at home is TOUGH TO BEAT. 

I don't think Fulmer is that tough to beat at home...we have beaten them the last two times at Knoxville....I think they are just tough to beat after losing 1-2 weeks before which does worry me.

Richt is 3-1 against Fulmer which makes me feel good.

i dont really give a damn who wins. i hate both schools. but i'll stick with my belief that UT is still the most over rated team in the USA. if UGA has anything, they'll beat the hell out of UT. if they don't, then UGA is in trouble too

I picked the Dawgs. I think that Shockley will come up big for them. Tennessee hasn't really shown to me that they are a great team....LSU more or less tanked it in the second half against them, but I was happy to see Clausen get in the game and make a difference, but I wanted LSU to win that way if we beat them when they were undefeated we'd get more respect. Also I just want :uga: to win as I hope they'll be undefeated when we play them, that way we can get more respect by beating them then also....but with them having to play TN and FLA I don't know...although FLA doesn't appear as mighty as everyone thought they were (but I said it all of last week I wasn't sold on them)......anyways go Dawgs (for this weekend)!

I'm goin' with the Dawgs. I think they are well balanced on offense and I just don't see UT having enough firepower to outscore the hairy little bas$&*#@! :big:

I'll be pulling for the puppies hard in this one.

Auburn is the only team that dominates TN in Ktown. After the win over LSU and the Florida loss in Tuscaloser, fat Phil has somethin' to play for, because we all know GA is gonna send Meyer home from the Worlds largest cocktail party with the worlds largest hangover. UGA gives 'em a heck of a game though. The line is TN by 3. I'll take that.

Shockley playing at Neyland is the only reason I pick  :ut: in a very close game:

:ut: 24  :uga: 23

185811[/snapback]

What he said. Neyland is the X-Factor. I hate to say it, but I had to go UThug. Blech. Sure does leave a bad taste... :puke:

Archived