Remember the Lsu game last year?

vatz22au

Im sure everyone remembers the fact that our 10-9 win over LSU last year catapulted us into 13-0 SEC champs. That game brought our team together, and we clicked from there on out.

Do any of y'all think this past Arkansas game is similar? Given the fact that yes, Arkansas was not #3 like LSU was, and that this Arkansas team has a long way to go. But still, we were down on the road 10-6 at halftime, with a first year starting qb and some newcomers at rb. We came back in the second half, and produced a flawless performance....and its only my belief that this team came together during the half, and refused to lose this game.

Do any of y'all think this game did alot for us in the team chemistry department? I know this game wont catapult us like LSU did for us last year, but I do believe this game maybe gave us some psychological support for this upcoming Baton Rouge trip.

Mentally alot of good things came out of the Arkansas. You could tell by the way he was playing that Cox settled down and got comfortable being on the road. The team also knows that they can be down and come back and that Cox can lead them back.

We are alot better prepared for Saturday because of the Arkansas game than if it would have been at home and not taken to the road yet imho.

I know this year's schedule was not a good schedule necessarily for the fan's considering there are only 2 more home games left, but could this have been the best schedule for this team. Think about it, 5 games for Brandon Cox to start his experience for the rest of his career here, at home. Then we went to Arkansas, played a decent team, but definitely not the best, to give him a game to see how it is on the road. Now we're going into the biggest game of the season, having a pretty good team put together. I know there is still a lot to improve on, but they keep getting better each week, and I think this Arkansas game was a big boost in team confidence. Though we will see this Saturday in Baton Rouge. I hope I don't have to ride the long bus trip back dissappointed. It should be a good game, and I'm sure we will fight hard. I'm not going to say we are going to win, but I am not going to say the game is LSU's by any stretch of the imagination. I think this game might come down to special teams, and which kicker is better. But we'll see.

Sorry such a long post.

It made me sick to think about it, but the :ua: vs :om: made me think about that! To go undefeated, you have to be lucky sometimes! Maybe it will spark :au: and forget about the other!

Im sure everyone remembers the fact that our 10-9 win over LSU last year catapulted us into 13-0 SEC champs.  That game brought our team together, and we clicked from there on out.

Do any of y'all think this past Arkansas game is similar?  Given the fact that yes, Arkansas was not #3 like LSU was, and that this Arkansas team has a long way to go.  But still, we were down on the road 10-6 at halftime, with a first year starting qb and some newcomers at rb.  We came back in the second half, and produced a flawless performance....and its only my belief that this team came together during the half, and refused to lose this game. 

Do any of y'all think this game did alot for us in the team chemistry department?  I know this game wont catapult us like LSU did for us last year, but I do believe this game maybe gave us some psychological support for this upcoming Baton Rouge trip.

189456[/snapback]

i don't think your come from behind win over a terrible Arkansas team had any effect for the LSU game other than AU putting on their road uniforms and getting a conference win.

we'll see Saturday.

It will be interesting to see if that "terrible" Arkansas team is still terrible when they play LSU of if they all of a sudden become a good team that day.

Im sure everyone remembers the fact that our 10-9 win over LSU last year catapulted us into 13-0 SEC champs.  That game brought our team together, and we clicked from there on out.

Do any of y'all think this past Arkansas game is similar?  Given the fact that yes, Arkansas was not #3 like LSU was, and that this Arkansas team has a long way to go.  But still, we were down on the road 10-6 at halftime, with a first year starting qb and some newcomers at rb.  We came back in the second half, and produced a flawless performance....and its only my belief that this team came together during the half, and refused to lose this game. 

Do any of y'all think this game did alot for us in the team chemistry department?  I know this game wont catapult us like LSU did for us last year, but I do believe this game maybe gave us some psychological support for this upcoming Baton Rouge trip.

189456[/snapback]

i don't think your come from behind win over a terrible Arkansas team had any effect for the LSU game other than AU putting on their road uniforms and getting a conference win.

we'll see Saturday.

189739[/snapback]

Keep your smart ass comments to yourself. I was talking about the fact that we had a first year starter at qb playing on the road for the first time, and coming out with a huge win.

You LSU fans show your true colors during game week. I never see so many rude and cocky message board goers until about this time every year. It really tells me alot about the Baton Rouge situation down there.

You LSU fans show your true colors during game week.  I never see so many rude and cocky message board goers until about this time every year.  It really tells me alot about the Baton Rouge situation down there.

189789[/snapback]

while i will agree that a lot of Tiger Fans will come over here talking smack this week never to return......I don't really understand this part of your post. What does this have to do with anything?

Back to the post topic......

For you QB it can be nothing but a confidence booster. It is obvious that he was rattled in the first half but the protection got better and allowed him to perform. LSU will come after Cox all night and try and rattle him like Arky did in the first half. But again was still the same Arky team that ya'll bashed last week saying they were horrible, so I wouldn't put too much stock in it. Now a win over LSU is a different story.

while i will agree that a lot of Tiger Fans will come over here talking smack this week never to return......I don't really understand this part of your post. What does this have to do with anything?

It was more out of frustration than anything. Seeing a bunch of opposing fans come onto the board, and start a wave of "the game is already in hand, we will kill you all" can get very annoying. The logic some of them use is totally out of whack as well. We welcome all types of fans on the board, but good god....only during the LSU game do we get a stream of useless posts just trying to push buttons as far as they can without getting their posts deleted. Alot of you are very classy, but is it too much to ask for opposing fans to try and show a little respect on another team's board?

down there.[/b]

189789[/snapback]

For you QB it can be nothing but a confidence booster. It is obvious that he was rattled in the first half but the protection got better and allowed him to perform. LSU will come after Cox all night and try and rattle him like Arky did in the first half. But again was still the same Arky team that ya'll bashed last week saying they were horrible, so I wouldn't put too much stock in it. Now a win over LSU is a different story.

189793[/snapback]

From the above comment, it is evident you did not watch the replay. Cox never got rattled in the first half. He was 10-16 for over 100 yards. Both interceptions came from him being hit right as his arm was coming forward. Of those 16 passes in the first half, 10 were caught, 2 were thrown at the RBs feet during screen plays due to pressure and not wanting an Int. After first game jitters, I think Cox is one of the most poised young QBs I have ever witnessed.

I would say the line and RBs were more rattled in their blocking schemes.

That said, if AU comes out and can run the ball effectively then I think the right set of Tigers will win easily. If not, Cox better be sensational or AU losses.

From the above comment, it is evident you did not watch the replay.  Cox never got rattled in the first half.    He was 10-16 for over 100 yards.    Both interceptions came from him being hit right as his arm was coming forward.  Of those 16 passes in the first half, 10 were caught, 2 were thrown at the RBs feet during screen plays due to pressure and not wanting an Int.      After first game jitters, I think Cox is one of the most poised young QBs I have ever witnessed.

That said, if AU comes out and can run the ball effectively then I think the right set of Tigers will win easily.    If not, Cox better be sensational or AU losses.

189832[/snapback]

well, i will say i did not see the game but was basically going off things i've read which were that he was hit and pressured a lot and threw a couple in ints..... so mabe rattled wasn't the right word, maybe ineffective because of pressure. But apparently the protection got better and he he did so as well.

From the above comment, it is evident you did not watch the replay.   Cox never got rattled in the first half.     He was 10-16 for over 100 yards.     Both interceptions came from him being hit right as his arm was coming forward.   Of those 16 passes in the first half, 10 were caught, 2 were thrown at the RBs feet during screen plays due to pressure and not wanting an Int.      After first game jitters, I think Cox is one of the most poised young QBs I have ever witnessed.

That said, if AU comes out and can run the ball effectively then I think the right set of Tigers will win easily.    If not, Cox better be sensational or AU losses.

189832[/snapback]

well, i will say i did not see the game but was basically going off things i've read which were that he was hit and pressured a lot and threw a couple in ints..... so mabe rattled wasn't the right word, maybe ineffective because of pressure. But apparently the protection got better and he he did so as well.

189836[/snapback]

I think what really changed was the line came out in the second half and took it to Arkansas. Most of Irons yards were in the second half and AU had short yardage situations on the few 3rd downs they had instead of the longer third down plays in the first half.. I thought Cox played basically the same throughout the game, just that it is easier to throw when the D is 'on their heels' and not in your face. The constant pressure,as you say, did cause Cox to be less effective, but the real problem was blocking and possibly play calling.

I think the game at BR will all depend on the running game for either team. Whoever establishes the running game will be the victor. I like our RBs, but I wish we had McFadden, that guy is going to be great.

From the above comment, it is evident you did not watch the replay.   Cox never got rattled in the first half.     He was 10-16 for over 100 yards.     Both interceptions came from him being hit right as his arm was coming forward.   Of those 16 passes in the first half, 10 were caught, 2 were thrown at the RBs feet during screen plays due to pressure and not wanting an Int.      After first game jitters, I think Cox is one of the most poised young QBs I have ever witnessed.

189832[/snapback]

189836[/snapback]

I think what really changed was the line came out in the second half and took it to Arkansas. Most of Irons yards were in the second half and AU had short yardage situations on the few 3rd downs they had instead of the longer third down plays in the first half.. I thought Cox played basically the same throughout the game, just that it is easier to throw when the D is 'on their heels' and not in your face. The constant pressure,as you say, did cause Cox to be less effective, but the real problem was blocking and possibly play calling.

I think the game at BR will all depend on the running game for either team. Whoever establishes the running game will be the victor. I like our RBs, but I wish we had McFadden, that guy is going to be great.

189853[/snapback]

Well I agree establishing the run is very important for you to do, but that will not be an easy task. Thats one thing that LSU has done consitant all year (stopping the run).

Something :au: has done well ALL year is RUN the football. Could be interesting indeed. ;)

If the unfocused, undisciplined LSU Turnover Tigers show up against Auburn, we may have more of a game than you Corndogs think!!! I think Auburn could make more out of three fumbles, two interceptions, and 11 penalties than Florida did, and then there's those four turnovers and 14 penalties against Vandy...

If the unfocused, undisciplined LSU Turnover Tigers show up against Auburn, we may have more of a game than you Corndogs think!!!  I think Auburn could make more out of three fumbles, two interceptions, and 11 penalties than Florida did, and then there's those four turnovers and 14 penalties against Vandy...

190026[/snapback]

we were just trying to get them out of our system in time for AU. :D:D

down there.[/b]

189789[/snapback]

189793[/snapback]

From the above comment, it is evident you did not watch the replay. Cox never got rattled in the first half. He was 10-16 for over 100 yards. Both interceptions came from him being hit right as his arm was coming forward. Of those 16 passes in the first half, 10 were caught, 2 were thrown at the RBs feet during screen plays due to pressure and not wanting an Int. After first game jitters, I think Cox is one of the most poised young QBs I have ever witnessed.

That said, if AU comes out and can run the ball effectively then I think the right set of Tigers will win easily. If not, Cox better be sensational or AU losses.

189832[/snapback]

Both interceptions came because of bad choices. Cox even said so himself. he should have eaten the ball and not thrown, both times. At least he is learning.

down there.[/b]

189789[/snapback]

189793[/snapback]

189832[/snapback]

Both interceptions came because of bad choices. Cox even said so himself. he should have eaten the ball and not thrown, both times. At least he is learning.

190052[/snapback]

I will agree that the first INT was a bad choice.

As far as the second INT goes....he had a man open downfield, and was SMEARED as he let go, causing the ball to just float up. This could happen to any qb.

And yes, he is learning constantly and will be a great qb in time.

Archived