AU Underdog

rolltoomer

I expect that line to come down a little during the week, probably to around 4 1/2 or 5 by game time. This is a really tough game to pick. LSU has made many mental mistakes that keeps teams in the game when they shouldn't be (UF, Vandy) and AU just hasn't played anyone that you can fully get a read on them. But AU has done what they were supposed to with those teams so thats not a knock, just a fact.

Should be a great low scoring game.....

Doesn't the "home" team get 7 points for home field advantage? If so....Hmmmm. :D

Doesn't the "home" team get 7 points for home field advantage? If so....Hmmmm. :D

189699[/snapback]

wow 7 points? never heard that before. I have heard 2 1/2 or even 3 but 7? :no:

189699[/snapback]

wow 7 points? never heard that before. I have heard 2 1/2 or even 3 but 7? :no:

189702[/snapback]

I've heard 3 as well, it would make sense to vary with who you are playing. Maybe 7 for a weak opponent and 3 for a good opponent.

WarTim....if you are trying to say that maybe AU is actually a 1/2 pt favorite, remember that LSU was only a 6pt favorite to UF........ Even though LSU only won by 4pts. LSU is CLEARLY much better than UF. LSU shot there own selves in the foot in that game.

Don't read to much into the spread, I say LSU got 3pts for home field adv. and is about a 3 1/2 pt favorite on an even field, which will come down a little I would suspect to maybe 1-2pts, which will make it a 4 1/2 to 5 pt. spread by game time.

....and scotty, please do not try and make a comparison between AU and fla. :big:

....and scotty, please do not try and make a comparison between AU and fla. :big:

189712[/snapback]

wasn't meant to really compare AU and UF.....just wondering (going by your logic) if you actually think LSU was given 7pts as a HFA to UF, thus being a 1pt dog on a neutral field. I think its more like 3pts for good opponent and 7 for a weak. Thats all I was trying to say.

And for the record, I do think AU is better than UF.

Scott is right. It's about 3 points for HFA against a strong opponent. Remember, though, that doesn't mean Vegas thinks :lsu: is 6.5 points (or 3.5 points, if you wanna look at it that way) better than :au: , it means that they think they'll get the most action on both sides of that number.

As much as I think Auburn will win this one, I wouldn't put my hard earned cash on it - it could easily swing either way.

Archived