Eli & Snake

McWeagle

Was listening to the Bama game on the radio yesterday at the beginning of the 2nd half, and when they scored off the muffed kick, Snake said, "Justice has been served", and then Eli agreed, "Yes, justice has been served."

Isn't that kind of a weird thing to say?

They were referring back to the bad spot at the end of the first half that should've been reviewed to find the accurate spot. Instead, they didn't review it and Bama lost the ball on downs inside the 15 yardline. Eli also mentioned talking to a "high-up" official during halftime, that told him the replay can be used in the situation of finding a spot for the ball. He also said that the official said some things "off the record". I'm guessing that's what they were talking about.

LOL! The total "injustice" of a bad spot. The fact that the announcers would comment on it is bad enough. The fact that you understood (and agreed with) this obscure reference is downright mind-boggling. This is a new low for bammie obsessiveness over football.

The bammie nation should get ready to "meet their judges" in Tiger Stadium next Saturday, and in Pat-Dye-Field-in-Jordan-Hare-Stadium-with-David-Housel-Press-Box in Auburn a week later. Justice will be served at both locations and I can't wait to hear what Eli & Kenny have to say about that. :lol::lol:

LOL!  The total "injustice" of a bad spot.  The fact that the announcers would comment on it is bad enough.  The fact that you understood (and agreed with) this obscure reference is downright mind-boggling.  This is a new low for bammie obsessiveness over football. 

The bammie nation should get ready to "meet their judges" in Tiger Stadium next Saturday, and in Pat-Dye-Field-in-Jordan-Hare-Stadium-with-David-Housel-Press-Box in Auburn a week later.  Justice will be served at both locations and I can't wait to hear what Eli & Kenny have to say about that.  :lol:   :lol:

195556[/snapback]

What? What did I agree with? Dude asked a question and I simply answered with what I thought they were talking about. Which is why I put "I'm guessing that's what they were talking about" at the end of my post. Where did I say I agreed with it?

were any of you there? I was... The officials in that game SUCKED!!!!!!! on both sides of the ball... we got some calls, they got some calls. But i'll tell you what... i don't know what it is about playing MSU, it's always a dirty game. There are always a bunch of personal foul calls, cheap shots, etc. There was so much pushing and shoving and throwing late hits that i thought it was a damn boxing match.

And another thing... State's FANS SUCK!!!!!!1 I've never heard so much booing at a game in my life. They booed EVERYTHING, including their players.

were any of you there? I was...  The officials in that game SUCKED!!!!!!! on both sides of the ball... we got some calls, they got some calls.  But i'll tell you what... i don't know what it is about playing MSU, it's always a dirty game.  There are always a bunch of personal foul calls, cheap shots, etc.  There was so much pushing and shoving and throwing late hits that i thought it was a damn boxing match. 

And another thing... State's FANS SUCK!!!!!!1  I've never heard so much booing at a game in my life.  They booed EVERYTHING, including their players.

195564[/snapback]

....and mostly, they booed Jimmy Johns. Which ALSO could have been what Eli was talking about with the "justice served", because Johns was the one that stripped the ball on the second half opening kickoff.

Poor, poor Bammers....... after all the years of being protected by the officials they are finally getting an occasional call that doesn't go their way and they are livid about it!!!!!

Welcome to the world the rest of us have had to endure for decades, Bammers!!!!

Was listening to the Bama game on the radio yesterday at the beginning of the 2nd half, and when they scored off the muffed kick, Snake said, "Justice has been served", and then Eli agreed, "Yes, justice has been served."

Isn't that kind of a weird thing to say?

195544[/snapback]

No man, you guys have it all wrong. This wasn't about the game at all. Snake was referring to a new mixed drink being delivered to the booth :drink1::big:

What?  What did I agree with?  Dude asked a question and I simply answered with what I thought they were talking about.  Which is why I put "I'm guessing that's what they were talking about" at the end of my post.  Where did I say I agreed with it?

195563[/snapback]

Dude. This whole topic is so insignificant it's laughable. Eli's comments are a complete joke. It makes sense that the "high-ranking official" Eli talked to was the Replay Official in the press box high above the stadium. All plays are being reviewed and if the Replay Official doesn't stop play to officially review a particular play, then the rulings on the field by the other officials are legit. Rather than take Eli's biased comments as gospel, why don't you inform yourself by doing a little research. Here, I'll make it real easy for you: You can thank me later.

What?  What did I agree with?  Dude asked a question and I simply answered with what I thought they were talking about.  Which is why I put "I'm guessing that's what they were talking about" at the end of my post.  Where did I say I agreed with it?

195563[/snapback]

Dude. This whole topic is so insignificant it's laughable. Eli's comments are a complete joke. It makes sense that the "high-ranking official" Eli talked to was the Replay Official in the press box high above the stadium. All plays are being reviewed and if the Replay Official doesn't stop play to officially review a particular play, then the rulings on the field by the other officials are legit. Rather than take Eli's biased comments as gospel, why don't you inform yourself by doing a little research. Here, I'll make it real easy for you: You can thank me later.

195578[/snapback]

Okay, I think you and I have a serious lack of communication. I'm not taking Eli's comments as the gospel. I gave my opinion on what they were talking about, which was what this whole topic is about. But since you were trying to be slick, Eli was right about the play being reviewed.

THE PLAYS

Reviewable

The following plays are subject to review under the SEC instant replay:

Plays governed by Sideline, Goal Line, End Zone, and End Line:

Scoring Plays, including a runner breaking the plane of the goal line.

Pass complete/incomplete/intercepted at sideline, goal line and end line.

Runner/receiver in or out of bounds.

Recovery of loose ball in and out of bounds.

Passing Plays:

Pass ruled complete/incomplete/intercepted in the field of play and end zones.

Touching of a forward pass by an ineligible receiver.

Touching of a forward pass by a defensive player.

Quarterback (Passer) forward pass or fumble (if ruled incomplete, play is finalized).

Illegal forward pass or illegal handing off beyond the line of scrimmage.

Illegal forward pass or illegal handing off after change of possession.

Forward or backward pass thrown from behind the line of scrimmage.

Other Detectable Infractions:

Runner ruled not down.

Forward progress with respect to first down.

Touching of a kick.

Number of players on field.

Clock adjustments (in conjunction with overturned plays).

Fourth-down/try fumble plays.

Either way, I don't care. The game is over and the whole point of this thread was not to trash the officials. It was WHY Eli and Snake were saying "justice is served". Being how ALL they talked about for 10 minutes before the kick-off was that, I assumed they were saying "justice is served" when the MSU player was stripped. I never once said that it was a bad call or that I agreed with it. Where you got that, I don't know.

... I never once said that it was a bad call or that I agreed with it.  Where you got that, I don't know.

195587[/snapback]

tidefan24 says:

They were referring back to the bad spot at the end of the first half that should've been reviewed to find the accurate spot. Instead, they didn't review it and Bama lost the ball on downs inside the 15 yardline.

Sure sounds to me like you were questioning the call & believed deep down it was a "bad call" by the officials. Call it a serious miscommunication on my part if it makes YOU feel any better. WDE :au:

The officials got the call right according to the rules. It's a weird rule to keep players from intentionally fumbling the ball on fourth down in hopes of his own player recovering the ball and getting the first down. The stop was right, as it should have been put where the ball hit the ground.

The officials got the call right according to the rules.  It's a weird rule to keep players from intentionally fumbling the ball on fourth down in hopes of his own player recovering the ball and getting the first down.  The stop was right, as it should have been put where the ball hit the ground.

195601[/snapback]

That's where the problem came in. From what I understand, keep in mind I didn't see the play, only heard it, the ball never hit the ground. It was popped backwards and caught by Darby. It was a weird play.

... I never once said that it was a bad call or that I agreed with it.  Where you got that, I don't know.

195587[/snapback]

tidefan24 says:

They were referring back to the bad spot at the end of the first half that should've been reviewed to find the accurate spot. Instead, they didn't review it and Bama lost the ball on downs inside the 15 yardline.

Sure sounds to me like you were questioning the call & believed deep down it was a "bad call" by the officials. Call it a serious miscommunication on my part if it makes YOU feel any better. WDE :au:

195594[/snapback]

Actually, I was quoting what Eli and Snake announced on air. Which again, is why I put "I'm guessing that's what they were talking about" at the end of my post.

Actually, I was quoting what Eli and Snake announced on air.  Which again, is why I put  "I'm guessing that's what they were talking about" at the end of my post.

195607[/snapback]

Well, that's a problem for you when you go quoting Eli & Drunk -- neither of which are known wide & far for good judgement. I posted the Replay rules for your benefit and was hoping you could read beyond just the instances where the Replay is considered. Do yourself a favor and read 'The Standard' & 'The Process' on that link. ... Oh hell, I'll make it easier for you (again):

THE STANDARD

There must be indisputable video evidence for an officiating call to be changed by the Replay Official working from the press box.  The play must have a direct competitive impact (ball possession, first down or score in question) on the game to warrant game stoppage for review. The Replay Official has the sole authority to review a play to stop game action and render a decision on any replay. Coaches and on-field officials have no authority to request a review.

THE PROCESS (abbreviated here for, uh ... brevity)

... Once the replay has been reviewed, the Replay Official will notify the Referee, who in turn will announce the decision on the stadium PA system.

It is important to note that because of the digital, touch-screen technology, that every play can be reviewed without stopping play on the field. Just because play is not halted does NOT mean that the play was not reviewed. ...

I didn't hear Eli's broadcast but if he was whining about the play not being reviewed, then he's all wet and doesn't know WTH he's talking about. All plays are reviewed. If the game action wasn't stopped, then it just means the Replay Official agrees with the call by the on-field refs or doesn't have the indisputable video evidence to overturn the call per The Standard.

Make no mistake...over the nest two weeks...JUSTICE will be SERVED. :au::big:

were any of you there? I was...  The officials in that game SUCKED!!!!!!! on both sides of the ball... we got some calls, they got some calls.  But i'll tell you what... i don't know what it is about playing MSU, it's always a dirty game.  There are always a bunch of personal foul calls, cheap shots, etc.  There was so much pushing and shoving and throwing late hits that i thought it was a damn boxing match. 

And another thing... State's FANS SUCK!!!!!!1  I've never heard so much booing at a game in my life.  They booed EVERYTHING, including their players.

195564[/snapback]

The officials were terrible.

That personal foul they called on that MSU Defensive player on the 3rd down play....in the 1st half I believe...that kept that UA drive alive...

Was up there with the UT/UF personal foul call two years ago and the Vandy-excessive celebration call last night.....terrible

195564[/snapback]

The officials were terrible.

That personal foul they called on that MSU Defensive player on the 3rd down play....in the 1st half I believe...that kept that UA drive alive...

Was up there with the UT/UF personal foul call two years ago and the Vandy-excessive celebration call last night.....terrible

195636[/snapback]

yeah, and the late hit out of bounds about five plays after that, the one that wasn't called, was horrible... the game was at least consistently horribly called though... :angry:

I didn't think that other late hit was that bad.

It could have been called but I see why it wasn't.

The original one though....good lord, let's start calling personal fouls if players get touched then.....maybe we could start playing two-hand touch

I want to say it cost Vandy the game as it looked like they would go for 2.....but I have no idea if they would have gotten it.

Vandy had its chance being up by 7 in OT but....well, they are Vandy

Vandy Football = Always making it close but always losing

TF24 and AUW, thanks for your thoughts. Makes perfect sense, what you suggested. I caught the comment totally out of context, and thought maybe they were referring to the statistical domination in the first half by Bama that didn't result in many points.

Definitely didn't mean to start a flame-fest (although the line about Snake ordering a drink was MONEY). Thanks again for the responses.

Archived