Smith fumbled again?

KidAU

Did I read correctly that Tre Smith fumbled a punt, again? I didn't get to listen to the whole game, but I just read on auburnsports that he fumbled UK's first punt which gave them poss. on our 36 and ultimately led to a score. I am not bashing him, but honestly, he should not be returning punts. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that 3 in the last 2 games? Tuberville said it was "too late to make drastic changes" or something to that extent and that Smith would remain punt returner. I don't understand how that is drastic? Once again, I am not bashing Tre, maybe it is a confidence thing or something, but I think CTT should seriously consider finding someone else to return against UGA and Bama. I know we won the game, but if that happens in the next 2, it is going to hurt.

I read about it too....if Tre does that against UGA and UAT, it's not going to be pretty.

I'm not really sure why we have NO ONE else that can get the job done...and I'm not even talking about getting good return yardage. Just catch the friggin ball already!! :rolleyes:

Why in the Freakin' world don't we go back to the Two Back Punt Return formation, Lee Guess and Tre, that worked Really Good against SC? I guess because it worked too good :D ..........But seriously, give Robert Dunn a shot.....He didn't fumble the catch this time, he fumbled on the return like he almost did against.......Ole Miss, I think?

i start this thread all the time and get blasted with all these "i love tre" and "war tre" and blah blah, tre is a part of this team and i will not badmouth him but it is time to give someone else a shot.

Robert Dunn

Brad Lester

Devin

Hell, why not Tristan Davis?

Please Tubs, if tre does this against georgia or alabama we may not be able to make up for it, remember they actually play defense unlike KY.

I really like Tre and what he brings to this team, but we need to explore options for the punt return team. If it had only happened once, I could understand it, but it seems to be a recurring nightmare. That first one against Kentucky gave them hope and really set the tone of the game. Had we not given them that field position and allowed the early score, the Kentucky offense might have been much easier to handle.

I don't know how good TD's hands are, but I love his straight up the field, fearless approach to running. If he has the hands, he would make a great punt returner. If not, we need someone with the surest hands to at least field the punts.

Tre returning punts is one of the things that freakes me out every time it happens. I'm not saying I hate Tre or he shouldn't do it ever again, it just freaks me out. Like TB72 said, I like what he brings to the team. The same thing happened every time Jason Campbell ran the ball. I loved Jason, but every time he ran with the ball it just scared the crap out of me

Archived