Croyle ready to gash Auburn

API50

In many ways, Croyle already knows what to expect at Auburn.

“They’re a lot like LSU," Croyle said. “They’re going to blitz you. If you can hold them off, you have a chance to gash them. Both teams the past couple of weeks [Kentucky and Georgia] have hit big plays against them. Hopefully we can do the same thing Saturday.

Both teams the past couple of weeks [Kentucky and Georgia] have hit big plays against them. Hopefully we can do the same thing Saturday.

So he wants to do the same thing against us, wouldnt that be losing??????

Do we really play like :lsu: or is it just me cause i dont really see us biltz to much and im kinda worried about Brodie having a big game. We need to get pressure on him (duh) but we really havent been a biltzing defense. Any1 Agree

WE will blitz, but, it will not be wholesale -wide open-crazy kinda' blitzing. We play

disciplined defense. We play "gap" protection and zone. This is not so much a trait of Chizik or Gibbs, but, That of the Head Coach. He knows his "stuff" when it comes to defense. We will always have a very good "D" so long as Coach Tuberville is @ Auburn. Personally, I like a defensive HC as opposed to an offensive minded Coach. :au:

My two cents. :homer:

WAR :au: EAGLE...Death to all that is dark pink! :au:

Do we really play like  :lsu: or is it just me cause i dont really see us biltz to much and im kinda worried about Brodie having a big game.  We need to get pressure on him (duh) but we really havent been a biltzing defense. Any1 Agree

199258[/snapback]

I think in one regard, Auburn does play like LSU. Heck, they thought they could sit back in the first half and proceeded to give up 10 points (just a little over the uat avg per game). Then they made the correct halftime adjustments and brought pressure, more pressure and even more pressure. Auburn has been known to play the same type defense, thinking that their front 4 can put enough pressure on the opposing QB. That has worked very well except when they play against a mobile QB like Shockley. Broadway Brodie is far from mobile, so I don't know how many blitzes they will use this week either.

The thing that really scares me is Dar Dar's ability to hit a seam. Those seams are a little more prevalent in the Auburn D scheme if anyone is out of position by even a small margin.

Archived