Fimebaum & Bama fans, today

Tigermike

The one thing to take out of all this is to remember where CTT got his first gig. That's right, working for Mr. Hair himself, Jimmy Johnson. He was brash and cocky much like Coach Superior, and they could both back their talk up. While it has taken CTT a little time to get there, I believe he is at that point in his career that he can have his talk backed up by his coaches and players. Sometimes it comes back to bite you, sometimes it gives you that psychological edge needed in big rivalry games. (see CSS comments before USC vs UT game earlier this year).

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think all this attention AU and CTT is getting because of this is great. I had to live thru and endure the 70's and the coach bear pickled bryant years. We all know CTT by now. He is his own man. He doesn't care what the outsiders think. He is a players coach.

Who gives a rats azz what the media, the red-neck sidewalk alumni, or the south northport area community college thinks or says. As long as his players are happy, he is winning, his players graduate, and we own their azz, who cares :cheer:

Isn't it great that the red-headed stepchild university, the SDTR, the "cow college", etc., has created so much havoc. Next year this time, I wonder what our shirt will say - beware the second fist, one hand down one to go, :D come on you creative guys/gals - lets give the bammars something to ponder about for a whole year just dreading our new shirt..

Can't remember the exact year, but in one of the Iron Bowls Joe Cribbs played in (I witnessed it personally):

Bear had made the widely publicized statement earlier in the week that he'd rather just go home to Arkansas and plow than lose to Auburn. Pregame, he was walking around Legion Field with one of his assistants. When he got IN FRONT OF THE AUBURN STUDENT SECTION, the assisant bent over and stuck his arms out behind himself like a plow mule and Bryant grabbed his arms and pretended to be plowing.

But "rammer jammer" coaches would never do anything so undignified as personally taunt Auburn fans, right? <_<

If Shula miraculously avoids the thumb next year and they come up with a clever shirt, he can wear it every day for a year for all I care. I can laugh at a good joke...apparently "God's gift to football" fans can't.

If Shula miraculously avoids the thumb next year and they come up with a clever shirt, he can wear it every day for a year for all I care.  I can laugh at a good joke...apparently "God's gift to football" fans can't.

207321[/snapback]

HMMMMMM. Quotes for their shirt......

How about "Fear the Finger, that has been jambed straight up our own A$$eS"?

Can't remember the exact year, but in one of the Iron Bowls Joe Cribbs played in (I witnessed it personally):

Bear had made the widely publicized statement earlier in the week that he'd rather just go home to Arkansas and plow than lose to Auburn.  Pregame, he was walking around Legion Field with one of his assistants.  When he got IN FRONT OF THE AUBURN STUDENT SECTION, the assisant bent over and stuck his arms out behind himself like a plow mule and Bryant grabbed his arms and pretended to be plowing.

But "rammer jammer" coaches would never do anything so undignified as personally taunt Auburn fans, right? <_<

If Shula miraculously avoids the thumb next year and they come up with a clever shirt, he can wear it every day for a year for all I care.  I can laugh at a good joke...apparently "God's gift to football" fans can't.

207321[/snapback]

If you don't have a picture, it didn't happen right? Surely if Bear did something like that there is a picture somewhere of this happening. Just because you sitnessed it personally does not according to this forum make it true, and you are just trying to smear our coach's name.

207321[/snapback]

Shula's shirt(if a miracle happens and :au: does not screw up)..........'I am now 1 up and 3 down in the Iron Bowl' or Bama is back to 1 and 3 on my watch :big:

Guest Tigrinum Major
If you don't have a picture, it didn't happen right?  Surely if Bear did something like that there is a picture somewhere of this happening.  Just because you sitnessed it personally does not according to this forum make it true, and you are just trying to smear our coach's name.

207336[/snapback]

Your baseless claim stayed on the forum. Our eyewitnesses to the event say that it never happened. Stop whining.

Last time I checked, Shula was your coach. Him or Larry Blakney.

Bear had made the widely publicized statement earlier in the week that he'd rather just go home to Arkansas and plow than lose to Auburn.  Pregame, he was walking around Legion Field with one of his assistants.  When he got IN FRONT OF THE AUBURN STUDENT SECTION, the assisant bent over and stuck his arms out behind himself like a plow mule and Bryant grabbed his arms and pretended to be plowing.

207321[/snapback]

If you don't have a picture, it didn't happen right? Surely if Bear did something like that there is a picture somewhere of this happening. Just because you sitnessed it personally does not according to this forum make it true, and you are just trying to smear our coach's name.

207336[/snapback]

No need to "smear" him. He did a good enough job of that himself.

I have to admit that I do get a kick out of just hearing you all talk about Finebaum.

One month everyone at Auburn loves him

The next everyone hates him and he is ALWAYS against Auburn

The next...every Bama fan says that he is giving Shula too hard a time!

Then every Auburn fan is claiming he is sucking up to Shula!

:blink:

I have to admit that I do get a kick out of just hearing you all talk about Finebaum.

One month everyone at Auburn loves him

The next everyone hates him and he is ALWAYS against Auburn

The next...every Bama fan says that he is giving Shula too hard a time!

Then every Auburn fan is claiming he is sucking up to Shula!

:blink:

207359[/snapback]

Aren't ratings a wonderful thing?

I believe that it was BG who said that he is an equal opportunity prick, and I believe it to be so...

207321[/snapback]

That is the Bama and Birmingham News spin on the incident. In actuality Bear was behind him, but they were not pretending to plow. Uhhhh plowing was brought up,,,,,,, shut up JJ you are already in too deep. Or did the assistant say that to Bear? "Rammer Jammer coach!"

I'd say at minimum, that Bama fans should be incredibly embarrassed for the way they've focused on this shirt. Unbelievable!!! Well, actually maybe it's not so unbelievable when it comes to Bammer Nation. They are in OFFICIAL meltdown mode.

I find it ironic that bammars are calling the shirt classless when 90% of their fan base will be in their finest "wife beater" t-shirts Monday morning.

How high will the domestic violence percentage go up Monday afternoon when Texas Tech air bombs the Tide in the Cotton Bowl?

Good grief. :blink::rolleyes:

At lunch today, there was a man in the restaurant wearing a Crimson Tide 12 National Championships sweat shirt. He was also wearing a "Bass Master" baseball cap. The only problem was he had blocked out the B on Bass Master. :blink:

Don't say it, because I couldn't make this up if I tried!

At lunch today, there was a man in the restaurant wearing a Crimson Tide 12 National Championships sweat shirt.  He was also wearing a "Bass Master" baseball cap.  The only problem was he had blocked out the B on Bass Master.  :blink:

207390[/snapback]

Where's a camera when you need it?

:lol:

At lunch today, there was a man in the restaurant wearing a Crimson Tide 12 National Championships sweat shirt.  He was also wearing a "Bass Master" baseball cap.  The only problem was he had blocked out the B on Bass Master.  :blink:

207390[/snapback]

Where's a camera when you need it?

:lol:

207441[/snapback]

I may have you beat....the Bama fan sitting two seats down from me at the Mullet Toss had tobacco juice in her mustache. No kidding!

Success!

In 2004 we didnt get the BCS bid due to National Exposure. CTT has done several things to correct that. Slamming ESPN, wearing the FTT Shirt, UnderArmor Deal, etc. All this is directed at getting :au: National Attention.

CTT has the Bama Nation actually working for him now. That is the truly funny thing here.

The more they whine about it, the better it actually makes it for :au: next year. I bet he wears the shirt to some Cap-One Bowl shindig just to get ESPN, SI, Fox, and whoever to pick up the story. I bet some of you folks didnt know that :au: having a 4 game win streak on Bama isnt widely known nationally. With all the pub he is getting from this stupid shirt it soon will be though.

207301[/snapback]

Yup.

Here it is, middle of recruiting and the two teams bowl games coming up. What has this shirt done? Its turned all the talk right back to Auburn in this state, do you hear about Texas Tech and Alabama........ nope......... you are hearing about the shirt that Auburn's coach is wearing due to another victory over Alabama.

maybe it will be the next daniel a. moore print since he is apparently hard up for material, ex. tennessee fumble.

also i did witness a halftime show at an alabama-southern miss game, 93, i think, i was talked into going by a friend who is an alabama fan. the million peso band had two guys at midfield playing "duelling banjos" (banjo and guitar playing a tune that was cast into the mainstream by the movie,--deliverance--a quaint film about few guys on a canoe outing, when ned beatty character gets, well, nevermind). the crowd went wild, i felt like i was on national geographic explorer witnessing firsthand a new weird culture from what i once thought were normal people.

texas tech is going to set the field ablaze!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO RED RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Success!

In 2004 we didnt get the BCS bid due to National Exposure. CTT has done several things to correct that. Slamming ESPN, wearing the FTT Shirt, UnderArmor Deal, etc. All this is directed at getting :au: National Attention.

CTT has the Bama Nation actually working for him now. That is the truly funny thing here.

The more they whine about it, the better it actually makes it for :au: next year. I bet he wears the shirt to some Cap-One Bowl shindig just to get ESPN, SI, Fox, and whoever to pick up the story. I bet some of you folks didnt know that :au: having a 4 game win streak on Bama isnt widely known nationally. With all the pub he is getting from this stupid shirt it soon will be though.

207301[/snapback]

Yup.

Here it is, middle of recruiting and the two teams bowl games coming up. What has this shirt done? Its turned all the talk right back to Auburn in this state, do you hear about Texas Tech and Alabama........ nope......... you are hearing about the shirt that Auburn's coach is wearing due to another victory over Alabama.

207505[/snapback]

Gotta hand it to King Tubs, he is a marketing genius.

FEAR THE ZIPPER BAMA

Here's my take on it:

Do I think its "classless"? I dont know. Not really. Do i think its weak and petty? Sure do. CTT has a HISTORY of doing borderline classless/petty things and there's always this over-rationalization by AU fans that what he was doing at the time was "misunderstood" or "not classless". Here's a thought: if you are ALWAYS having to go back and say the things he does aren't classless...then maybe he's offering up too many "borderline" actions all together.

The 4 finger thing was weak. There is no bad blood between AU/UA right now. Its a brotherly rival. Fran isnt hear calling you guys TSDTR. Shula and CTT get along fine. Hell AU has been favored 3 of the last 4 years. I know you guys have heard the saying "act like you've been there before". CTT hasnt. When you guys lose, he's always got some smart ass comment to deflect the heat. And then you got him saying stuff all the time in passing that is totally out of line. But he's not overt about it. Thats the difference. If you are really subtle about your slams and passive agressive remarks...you can always leave enough ambiguity there so it can be interepreted many ways.

When have you EVER EVER EVER seen a coach wear some cartoon tshirt slamming their rival? EVER? You wouldn't see Pat Dye wearing that junk and you KNOW it. "Insert David's spin rebuttal here...you know the ones where AU ALWAYS gets the benefit of the doubt and UA never does".

Finally, we are in yet another AU fan double standard. JUST like Rammer Jammer this is something that isnt classless when you do it...because you are "paying us back for all those years of oppression". Whatever. You can't piss and moan about the 60s and 70s and turn around and do the same type of crap and say its ok. Either it isnt ok...or it is. If it is then stop whining about bama fans in the past.

You guys got your panties all in a wad about "the school down the road". CTTs crap with this shirt is much more obvious and in your face...yet he's "just a players coach trying to rally everyone around the importance of the iron bowl"

Oh well...good thing I've gotten used to the double standard around here.

Here's my take on it:

Do I think its "classless"? I dont know. Not really. Do i think its weak and petty? Sure do. CTT has a HISTORY of doing borderline classless/petty things and there's always this over-rationalization by AU fans that what he was doing at the time was "misunderstood" or "not classless". Here's a thought: if you are ALWAYS having to go back and say the things he does aren't classless...then maybe he's offering up too many "borderline" actions all together.

(Here is another thought.  If you are saying what he is or has done is classless,,,,,,,,,,,,, Your team probably just got beat by AUBURN!)

The 4 finger thing was weak. There is no bad blood between AU/UA right now. Its a brotherly rival. Fran isnt hear calling you guys TSDTR. Shula and CTT get along fine. Hell AU has been favored 3 of the last 4 years. I know you guys have heard the saying "act like you've been there before". CTT hasnt. When you guys lose, he's always got some smart ass comment to deflect the heat. And then you got him saying stuff all the time in passing that is totally out of line. But he's not overt about it. Thats the difference. If you are really subtle about your slams and passive agressive remarks...you can always leave enough ambiguity there so it can be interepreted many ways.

(When opposing teams and fans find fault with the way you celebrate, it is obvious they are very, very sick and tired of loosing a certain game.) How can you be ambiguous about winning 4 IN A ROW?  The Crimson Nation can interpret it any way they wish, all CTT was saying was "We won FOUR IN A ROW!"

When have you EVER EVER EVER seen a coach wear some cartoon tshirt slamming their rival? EVER? You wouldn't see Pat Dye wearing that junk and you KNOW it. "Insert David's spin rebuttal here...you know the ones where AU ALWAYS gets the benefit of the doubt and UA never does".

Pat Dye is not the coach.  What he wore is not important. CTT is the coach and he was given a shirt by Tiger Rags and he wore it.  Now Tiger Rags is selling them as fast as they can make them.  What other people (coaches) do or wear is of no concern.  If this is the worst he does, so be it.

Finally, we are in yet another AU fan double standard. JUST like Rammer Jammer this is something that isnt classless when you do it...because you are "paying us back for all those years of oppression". Whatever. You can't piss and moan about the 60s and 70s and turn around and do the same type of crap and say its ok. Either it isnt ok...or it is. If it is then stop whining about bama fans in the past.

No pissing and moaning here, WE JUST WON FOUR IN A ROW!  FIVE OF THE LAST SIX!  The only Rammer Jammer you guys are singing is when the Gymnastics team wins.

You guys got your panties all in a wad about "the school down the road". CTTs crap with this shirt is much more obvious and in your face...yet he's "just a players coach trying to rally everyone around the importance of the iron bowl"

Actually it was the other way around, you guys were saying Franchonie The Whiney One, was not being too bad and didn't mean that statement in a bad way.  Bammers across the state loved it when he said it and crowed loudly. 

Oh well...good thing I've gotten used to the double standard around here.

The only double standard is Bama fans thinking they have the God given right to tell Auburn folks how they should feel and act.  How does it feel for the Tide to loose to Auburn 28 - 18, and to know in your heart of hearts that the game was not that close?

207543[/snapback]

BG. I actually agree on some issues and disagree on others. As I've stated earlier, I agree that many of the things that Tubs does obviously get under the skin of rival fans. Again, ask any LSU fan about cigars and they'll be happy to give you a 15 minute rant on the evil emperor, King Tubby.

While there may not be another coach out there wearing a cartoon shirt, you can easily make the analogy with the antics of Steve Spurrier and his weekly jab at opposing teams, coaches, fans, refs etc. I'll be honest and tell you that if CTT were not coaching the program most near and dear to my heart, I'd probably think of him along the same lines as I did Spurrier when he was at UF.

But, he is our coach and I find his style refreshing, just as I'm sure Florida fans viewed their leader. CTT runs his program with authority and as one of the best administrators in the business. He also celebrates on the level of his players and the fans of Auburn football. He walks out of the tunnel arm in arm with his players and holds 4 fingers up right back at the 75,000 doing the same after winning the biggest game of the year.

I don't think CTT has ever done anything that can be viewed as classless. It may irritate the fool out of rival fans to see him celebrate on the level of his fans, but....who cares? He doesn't owe rival fans, players or coaches anything. It's Auburn University that pays him $2.5 million per year.

Here is the TRUTH for ya' bg, and there is really no way around it. As was stated by one of the bamaham news reporters the day after the IB:"Tuberville OWNS uat(allabubba), the STATE and the TEAM."

He can say anything he wants. Just as that former coach of yours once called us a "Cow College". Winning provides the WINNER with the opportunity and the stage to say whatever he wants. His actions ON THE FIELD back it up! Coach Tuberville knew what wearing that shirt would cause. I am certain he put it on with a huge smile on his face. I, for one, am GLAD he did it! It keeps the uaters cryin' for an extended period. :roflol::roflol:

p.s. BG,.....FEAR THE THUMB ! ! ! :lol::lol::lol::lol:B)

p.s.s Nice sig picture there bg! ;)

You're right its all about us being disgruntled bama fans. I guess if he would have gone over and mooned coach shula instead of shaking his hand...that would be ok too. I mean the only reason we would get mad is because we lost the game.

CTT can do no wrong in your eyes as long as he wins. He's won 4 in a row ...3 of which he was favored. Wow...good to see he's doing what he's supposed to do.

I also find it hilarious that he is making such a big deal out of beating a team that he SHOULD beat thanks to probation and coaching changes.

You're right its all about us being disgruntled bama fans. I guess if he would have gone over and mooned coach shula instead of shaking his hand...that would be ok too. I mean the only reason we would get mad is because we lost the game.

CTT can do no wrong in your eyes as long as he wins. He's won 4 in a row ...3 of which he was favored. Wow...good to see he's doing what he's supposed to do.

I also find it hilarious that he is making such a big deal out of beating a team that he SHOULD beat thanks to probation and coaching changes.

207565[/snapback]

Is it Coach Tuberville's fault that uat cheated, got caught, and got put on probation?(No, we already know it was the fault of UT! ! !) :lol::lol:

Personally, I look forward to three-four years down the road when uat can at least put up a fight in the Iron Bowl. As it stands, we are in danger of having the IB not attractive to networks and not being televised at all. Maybe next year we can at least look forward to a JP game. ;)

Archived