Fimebaum & Bama fans, today

Tigermike

I was just in the car and listened to a little of Finebaum and the Bama fans are livid about the shirt Tubbs was wearing in Orlando.

It did not bother me, did it bother you?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've not seen what he was wearing; what was offensive about it?

I like my Tiger with a Santa hat t-shirt with the caption, "Ho, ho, ho.... 4 in a row"

Was it anything like that?

Bother me? Heck I downright encourage it! Time for the Turd nation to put their big girl panties on and realize that they are getting a small dose of what we had force fed to us during the 70's. More power to CTT for wearing it. he knows it is killing them and i am proud that he is doing it.

I was just in the car and listened to a little of Finebaum and the Bama fans are livid about the shirt Tubbs was wearing in Orlando.

It did not bother me, did it bother you?

207164[/snapback]

Mike, here is what Tubby was wearing...

LOL

flpe107122623137vi.th.jpg

The problem is that it's just not the norm for a coach to celebrate on the same level as the fans do. 75,000 fans held up 4 fingers in unison. When the head coach does the same, it's suddenly classless and a slap in the face.

I've said this many time before and this just reinforces my position that CTT is an AUBURN man. His paycheck comes from AUBURN. His loyalties are to the AUBURN players, AUBURN administration and AUBURN fans. He's never backed down from propping his players, the AUBURN program and all things associated with this university. He knows full well the Bamars will tighten their collective sphincters over this, but he does it anyway. Why? Because he's an AUBURN man and doesn't give a rats arse what fans from a rival school think. Never has!

Personally, I think it's refreshing to see this kind of thing. It's fun. And if someone gets their nose bent out of shape about it, they really need to go out and get a life.

On Christmas Day an Alabama law school graduate reading the "Fear the Thumb" shirt I was wearing said, "We don't fear the thumb" ... which is proof positive that they do in fact fear the thumb. How can you help but love it?

WAR EAGLE!!!

FOX 6 in b'ham just aired a story on it and showed the shirt. They also had a couple of bammers with their comments. One said that maybe we should just cut his thumb off.....real high IQ on this one...it could have been shane form CP.

FEAR THE THUMB!!!! WDE!!!

Bother me?  Heck I downright encourage it!  Time for the Turd nation to put their big girl panties on and realize that they are getting a small dose of what we had force fed to us during the 70's.  More power to CTT for wearing it.  he knows it  is killing them and i am proud that he is doing it.

207166[/snapback]

all this stuff about us force feeding it to you in the 60's, 70's, and most of the 80's... is that the only excuse y'all have? Hell, the way y'all are always talking, we are the ones stuck in the past. However, anytime i've heard about this shirt, I'm always given the excuse that it's a dose of our own medicine from the 70's. Makes no sense to me to use that excuse when y'all are adamant that the entire BAMA nation is stuck in that decade.

Do i personally have a problem with it? Nah, not really. Bothers me none. I won't even call it classless. Do i think he looks like an idiot though? Yeah. I do... You wouldn't see any other coaches wearing something like that after a four game win streak. (If you can prove me wrong with some evidence, i'll resign my position on this) Coaches are there to represent the university, and to be professional representatives of that institution. you think the dean of AU would wear it? I doubt it. He's got an image to maintain, and it's one of the university.

My .02, and i know already, they ain't even worth that on this subject.

I would have celebrated and sent him a Christmas card if he had worn a shirt with "BUCK FAMA" written all over it.

WDE!! :moon::ua:

JxnTider

Coaches are there to represent the university, and to be professional representatives of that institution. you think the dean of AU would wear it? I doubt it. He's got an image to maintain, and it's one of the university.

Huh?

I suspect several deans at AU are wearing it.

JxnTider
Coaches are there to represent the university, and to be professional representatives of that institution. you think the dean of AU would wear it? I doubt it. He's got an image to maintain, and it's one of the university.

Huh?

I suspect several deans at AU are wearing it.

207213[/snapback]

sorry... i meant the President of the University...

I think Tubby learned the "must beat uat" lesson well.

If he doesn't win the '03 IB, he would be somewhere else--either as HC at a minor school or some assistant.

He is really attuned to the importance of beating Bama, in spades. He's letting the AU world know that he gets it.

I personally would rather that he take the high road above it all: can't imagine Richt wearing such about Tech, or SOS about Clemson.

The whole FTT phrase/t-shrt/sweatshirt thing is a joke and it's solely in response to the uat nation getting its collective panties in a bunch over the fact that CTT was acknowleging the fans in J-H Stadium after this year's Iron Bowl. They got upset over CTT raising 4 fingers in the air walking off the field, and after a hysterical public boo-hoo & round the clock denunciation of CTT for not properly genuflecting toward the bammie crimpsum altar after beating them for the 4th straight time, they've now getting themselves all worked up AGAIN to the same tune, different verse. Could the bammie fans be any more thin-skinned? It's hard for me to take a fan base seriously when they come unglued over such a trivial matter. As for other HCs doing it or not doing it -- pfft, someone show me the Official Code of Conduct for Football Head Coaches. They're all different and they all react differently. Richt is a bad example. His personality isn't all that {searching for the right word} effusive. He comes across as a serious, teatotaler who doesn't (or can't) tell many jokes. Has anyone seen the guy laugh? Spurrier is a bad example too, ... for the opposite reason. Are you kidding me? SOS routinely took on his rivals (e.g. you can't spell Citrus without UT, F-S-U means Free-Shoes-University, something about UGA being UF's female dog in Jacksonville, etc.)

The truth hurts -- and the FTT phrase has an element of truth in it. It's 4 in a row, and anybody rationally looking at the depth charts & number of returning starters for each team knows there is a dang good chance of seeing CTT's oustretched thumb next year. :au: WDE & FTT Our coach has a sense of humor. Deal with it.

it's solely in response to the uat nation getting its collective panties in a bunch over the fact that CTT was acknowleging the fans in J-H Stadium after this year's Iron Bowl.  They got upset over CTT raising 4 fingers in the air walking off the field, and after a hysterical public boo-hoo & round the clock denunciation of CTT ... they've now getting themselves all worked up AGAIN to the same tune, different verse. 

Our coach has a sense of humor.  Deal with it.

207232[/snapback]

I think you've hit the nail on the head here. If they hadn't made such a big deal over CTT celebrating with his own fans (it's not like he walked over to the Bama section and waved four fingers in their face), the whole think would have blown over before anyone even thought of the thumb. It has legs, and is funny, only because of their reaction.

But now I see it as more of an "in your face" to the over-reaction of the Bama fans than an actual statement regarding next year's game. Yeah, it might provide them with locker room bulletin board material for next year, but it can do the same for our guys who will feel an equally strong drive to defend the streak & their coach.

[And who knows where he got the shirt? Somehow I don't see him making a trip to the bookstore just to buy one for himself. I suspect it was a gift--and if so, he almost has an obligation to wear it out of respect for the giver(s). Particularly if it happened to be a gift from his players or staff.]

LATE EDIT: Strangely,I see no mention of CTT's shirt on either tidefans or CrimsonTusks, the only two Bama boards I read, so maybe they've decided to shut up about it. Then again, maybe they just don't/can't read newspapers. :lol:

it's solely in response to the uat nation getting its collective panties in a bunch over the fact that CTT was acknowleging the fans in J-H Stadium after this year's Iron Bowl.  They got upset over CTT raising 4 fingers in the air walking off the field, and after a hysterical public boo-hoo & round the clock denunciation of CTT ... they've now getting themselves all worked up AGAIN to the same tune, different verse. 

Our coach has a sense of humor.  Deal with it.

207232[/snapback]

I think you've hit the nail on the head here. If they hadn't made such a big deal over CTT celebrating with his own fans (it's not like he walked over to the Bama section and waved four fingers in their face), the whole think would have blown over before anyone even thought of the thumb. It has legs, and is funny, only because of their reaction.

But now I see it as more of an "in your face" to the over-reaction of the Bama fans than an actual statement regarding next year's game. Yeah, it might provide them with locker room bulletin board material for next year, but it can do the same for our guys who will feel an equally strong drive to defend the streak & their coach.

[And who knows where he got the shirt? Somehow I don't see him making a trip to the bookstore just to buy one for himself. I suspect it was a gift--and if so, he almost has an obligation to wear it out of respect for the giver(s). Particularly if it happened to be a gift from his players or staff.]

LATE EDIT: Strangely,I see no mention of CTT's shirt on either tidefans or CrimsonTusks, the only two Bama boards I read, so maybe they've decided to shut up about it. Then again, maybe they just don't/can't read newspapers. :lol:

207241[/snapback]

Oh, quietfan, go over to bamamag they are raising cane over there about it. As a matter of fact, on there front page on the board 7 of the 19 topics are related to Auburn and/or their coaches. Three of those are in reference to "the shirt". :roflol:

The problem is that it's just not the norm for a coach to celebrate on the same level as the fans do.  75,000 fans held up 4 fingers in unison.  When the head coach does the same, it's suddenly classless and a slap in the face. 

I've said this many time before and this just reinforces my position that CTT is an AUBURN man.  His paycheck comes from AUBURN.  His loyalties are to the AUBURN players, AUBURN administration and AUBURN fans.  He's never backed down from propping his players, the AUBURN program and all things associated with this university.  He knows full well the Bamars will tighten their collective sphincters over this, but he does it anyway.  Why?  Because he's an AUBURN man and doesn't give a rats arse what fans from a rival school think.  Never has!

Personally, I think it's refreshing to see this kind of thing.  It's fun.  And if someone gets their nose bent out of shape about it, they really need to go out and get a life.

207184[/snapback]

Extremely well said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B)

So what, TigerRags (one of the best stores in AU for those of you that don't know...makes the original and best gameday shirts) gave CTT a free shirt...and he's wearing it....SO WHAT!

Bother me?  Heck I downright encourage it!  Time for the Turd nation to put their big girl panties on and realize that they are getting a small dose of what we had force fed to us during the 70's.  More power to CTT for wearing it.  he knows it  is killing them and i am proud that he is doing it.

207166[/snapback]

all this stuff about us force feeding it to you in the 60's, 70's, and most of the 80's... is that the only excuse y'all have? Hell, the way y'all are always talking, we are the ones stuck in the past. However, anytime i've heard about this shirt, I'm always given the excuse that it's a dose of our own medicine from the 70's. Makes no sense to me to use that excuse when y'all are adamant that the entire BAMA nation is stuck in that decade.

Do i personally have a problem with it? Nah, not really. Bothers me none. I won't even call it classless. Do i think he looks like an idiot though? Yeah. I do... You wouldn't see any other coaches wearing something like that after a four game win streak. (If you can prove me wrong with some evidence, i'll resign my position on this) Coaches are there to represent the university, and to be professional representatives of that institution. you think the dean of AU would wear it? I doubt it. He's got an image to maintain, and it's one of the university.

My .02, and i know already, they ain't even worth that on this subject.

207200[/snapback]

Wellllllllll, I dont refer to them force feeding us during the 60's and 70's (mainly because I wasnt alive), I refer to earlier this season, After the GA Tech loss and Alabama's massive wins over Tennessee, Ole Miss, and South Carolina. All I heard in Bammaham was roll tide this, Auburn sucks that, "Bama is Back". I just sat by with a humble smile on my face because I knew how situations like this always turn around to bite people in the a**.

Tubberville wearing the shirt, eh, doesnt bother me, I do like the more modest approach. HOWEVER, If we have 300 some odd days to rub it into the bammers faces, might as well take advantage of that!

Funny....FTT could also stand for Fear Tommy Tuberville :big:

I love anything that riles up our bama friends and this shirt has been the most successful thing in a long time. We don't have to go way back in history to justify it. Frannie refused to even say the word Auburn and called us the school down the road. bama fans loved it, and him, at the time( note that's the coach guys, not just the fans). So as usual they are being a bunch of hypocrits. The best thing they could do is ignore it and act like it doesn't bother them. But their sanctimonious mindset won't allow that.

Fear the Thumb, the Tide Can't Bear It

JXN was asking about other coaches doing this sort of thing. I agree this is a bit unique in that most coaches would not go there. CTT has always had a way of doing little things that get under a rival fans' skin. Just ask any LSU fan about cigar smoke and they'll be quick to give you their opinion on Mr. Tubs.

The things that CTT does like this reminds me a lot of a certain "Ole Ball Coach". Seems I remember rival fans just hating his guts because of little jabs like "Free Shoes U" etc. He is still put on a pedastol by most UF fans and they loved it anytime he took a shot at their rival. Which was about every week, by the way.

Of course Bear saying "Cow College", Curry saying AL would never come to AU because we were Auburn, and Franchione calling us the SDTR (and saying the Cadillac blew a tire or whatever tacky comment he made about him getting hurt) isn't as classless as CTT wearing a shirt :huh:

Success!

In 2004 we didnt get the BCS bid due to National Exposure. CTT has done several things to correct that. Slamming ESPN, wearing the FTT Shirt, UnderArmor Deal, etc. All this is directed at getting :au: National Attention.

CTT has the Bama Nation actually working for him now. That is the truly funny thing here.

The more they whine about it, the better it actually makes it for :au: next year. I bet he wears the shirt to some Cap-One Bowl shindig just to get ESPN, SI, Fox, and whoever to pick up the story. I bet some of you folks didnt know that :au: having a 4 game win streak on Bama isnt widely known nationally. With all the pub he is getting from this stupid shirt it soon will be though.

Archived