Gibbs Gone.....

SKCAUB

Best of luck to him!

AUBURN - David Gibbs, is headed to the NFL after one season as Auburn's defensive coordinator.

The Kansas City Star reported in today's editions that Gibbs will be named today as secondary coach for the Chiefs.

Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville is once again in the market for a defensive coordinator.

"I've been fortunate enough to have people call me and ask questions," Gibbs, who was in his fourth season of coaching the Denver Broncos' secondary when he was let go midway through the 2004 season, said Wednesday afternoon. "I'm going to look into some opportunities. If and when there is an offer, I'll have to make a decision. As of right now, there's nothing."

Apparently, things chang-ed Wednesday night.

Tuberville, who has had four offensive coordinators and three defensive coordinator in his seven Auburn seasons, hired Gibbs last spring to replace Gene Chizik, who moved to Texas.

He praised Gibbs' performance Tuesday but said he would not stand in his way.

"David has been contacted by at least half a dozen NFL teams," said Tub-erville, who left after signing day work was done. "We visited last week about it. He doesn't know whether college or pro is what he wants to do. The next few days, he will visit a couple of teams. We should have an answer by this weekend."

Instead, he had an answer Wednesday night.

Best of luck , CDG, and thanks for the memories.

Now go out and recruit us another winning DC, Coach Tuberville! ....no rest for the weary.

###

Edit: Sorry Mods-I didn't see the other "Gibbs to KC" thread before posting this. Please combine or delete my thread as you see fit.

I played under Mike Dubose at Northview High School, he has a great defensive mind, and is a great coordinatoor.  I would like to see him come to Auburn and take over the defense.   :roflol:   :no:

216806[/snapback]

i played for Dothan High while Dubose was at Northview. If he was such a great coordinator/great defensive mind, then why were ya'll not able to stop us? Or anyone else during the year at that? AND i'm proud to say that just like Auburn beat Alabama FOUR YEARS IN A ROW (WDE), us Dothan Tigers, CLASS OF 2005, beat Northview ALL FOUR YEARS I attended and played for Dothan High...GO TIGERS! and wasn't Northview's record 0-31 before ya'll finally won a game? (SORRY EVERYONE, JUST A LIL PROUD OF MY HIGH SCHOOL CAREER AGAINST NORTHVIEW(DOTHAN HIGH'S RIVAL))

Either way, WDE and theres NO WAY we will hire Dubose...isn't he still at Luverne High School? :beer2::au:

216818[/snapback]

wow you are pretty proud of that, and you should be. I would be proud if we beat yall four years in a row too! But can you tell me who won this past year? Oh, and your allmost sounding like a bammer with all that back then talk. If a bammer came on here bragging about how they have 12 NC, you would burn them for living in the past, when all that really matters is who won the last time the two teams played. Well, who won between NHS and DHS this year? what happened to your dynasty? (Northview beat Dothan 30 to 20 last year)

Oh, and to all those who didnt get my remark about Dubose, IT WAS A JOKE!, I was playing on the fact that the sheer outragousness of saying Dubose should come to Auburn would be alittle funny.

216834[/snapback]

BTW, How many state championships does Dothan High have? :roflol:

216839[/snapback]

lol i give it to you there...ol D-High has ZERO state championships...but you're right, i'm dang proud that we beat ya'll all four years...and honestly i was pretty happy for you guys when they beat Dothan high this past season. It really didn't bother me at all, just glad ya'll never beat us during my 4 years in High School. You gotta admit though man, those were the years. I wasn't trying to sound like a Bammer by talking about "back then" and so on, so my appoligy there. No one wants to sound like a Bammer. lol.

Doesn't Northview hold the State record for most consecutive losses? i think having a record of 0-31 would claim that, don't you? If Northview doesn't have that record, then who does?

does anyone besides me think he was taken to the side and told to start looking elsewhere for work?

i'm glad he his gone.

Some of us desire perfection that is probably impossible to gain. I will agree that our defense needed a boost in a couple of games this season.

said he is headed to KC Chiefs to be a secondary coach......

Anyone know of a timetable CTT may be going by? I believe spring practice starts at the end of the month. Seems that CTT has already contacted 4 candidates.

Some of us desire perfection that is probably impossible to gain.  I will agree that our defense needed a boost in a couple of games this season.

217343[/snapback]

I'll agree while I was upset at the performance during the bowl game like many others were, bad games are going to happen perfection is going to be impossible to find. I wonder how long till we know who the new DC will be? Oh well, best of luck to Gibbs.

best of luck my ass. one and out is ridiculous. do whats best for you family but don't leave us high and dry. i'm sorry, but i don't like this at all.

you people are crazy. how many games was our defense bad enough to lose the game? the bowl game is all i can think of. ga tech was the offense, lsu was a toss up(not the defense at all) and the bowl game we didn't do anything to help on offense. i know our D didn't play well in the last couple game (kentucky, ga, and wisconsin) but gibbs did a great job after gene left. i can't believe that he is getting dogged like this. losing the games we did this season was not gibbs fault.

Archived