Your early season predictions for the Tigers

TigerfanKM

I thought it would be interesting to find out how everyone thinks our Tigers will do this season. Have fun while dong this, but also try to be serious. I would love for us to go undefeated, but we have a very tough schedule. Will also be fun to look back during the season to find out how close we were. War Eagle and here goes....

09/02/06 Sat Washington State Auburn 24 Wash St 10 1-0

09/09/06 Sat Mississippi State Auburn 31 Miss St 13 2-0

09/16/06 Sat LSU Auburn 21 LSO 17 3-0

09/23/06 Sat Buffalo Auburn 42 Buffalo 6 4-0

09/28/06 Thu South Carolina Auburn 20 SC 14 5-0 BIG Trap Here!

10/07/06 Sat Arkansas Auburn 27 Ark 14 6-0

10/14/06 Sat Florida Auburn 20 Florida 24 6-1

10/21/06 Sat Tulane (HC) Auburn 45 Tulane 13 7-1

10/28/06 Sat Ole Miss Auburn 31 Ole Miss 17 8-1

11/04/06 Sat Arkansas State Auburn 38 Ark St 14 9-1

11/11/06 Sat Georgia Auburn 24 GA 21 10-1

11/18/06 Sat Alabama Auburn 27 Bama 18 11-1 FIVE in a row!!

Auburn wins the West Division and returns to the SECC game and beats either

Fla or Georgia to win the SEC Championship. I'll say 24 - 20. This may also give us a shot to play in the big game for all the marbles. This does depend on: No Major injuries, our new WR making plays, and our defense improving under our new D coordinator. We could very easily be 10-2 also and still win the SEC.

No way you guys lose to UF. They are overrated and I think y'all will beat them by 2 TDs or so.

The game y'all will lose will be an unexpected one. See: 'Bama, South Carolina, or Georgia.

the game we will lose will either be lsu, south carolina on the road, or uga. the rest of those games, we either have an advantage in talent or coaching or home field, or all three.

I don't like to make predictions because they mean nothing. Thye also make us look cocky. Auburn fans should know all to well that anyone in the SEC COULD beat us. Auburn-Alabama is the greatest rivalry of all time and I hate it when we assume we are going to win the big one. Don't jinx us!! Remember 2003, 1990, and several other years in AU history. We don't do well with huge expectations. If we consistently win the big games for a few more years then I might feel okay about making predictions, but I would like to see us ride the wave for a while before I get comfortable.

I know how the old jinx story goes, when we are expected to do well we don't, but we play a great underdog. But you should also remember, great championship teams have confidence and EXPECT to do well. If you don't believe in yourself and your teammates, you have lost half the battle before kickoff. I am sic of this jinx crap. Our players are good and we have great coaches- Let's Getr Done!!!

I know how the old jinx story goes, when we are expected to do well we don't, but we play a great underdog. But you should also remember, great championship teams have confidence and EXPECT to do well. If you don't believe in yourself and your teammates, you have lost half the battle before kickoff. I am sic of this jinx crap. Our players are good and we have great coaches- Let's Getr Done!!!

238521[/snapback]

AMEN!!!!!

Look, I would pick y'all to win every game this year. Does that mean I think you will? No.

Like I said, AU will handle UF easily. Don't worry about them. I'd look at a SoCar, Bama, Arkansas, or UGA to be the spoiler. LSU is a possibility, but when you factor in Les Miles- my money's on the orange and blue Tigers.

Look, I would pick y'all to win every game this year. Does that mean I think you will? No.

Like I said, AU will handle UF easily. Don't worry about them. I'd look at a SoCar, Bama, Arkansas, or UGA to be the spoiler. LSU is a possibility, but when you factor in Les Miles- my money's on the orange and blue Tigers.

238624[/snapback]

When you factor in Les Miles? Auburn is 0-1 against Les Miles so don't go writing him off until you manage to beat him.

238624[/snapback]

When you factor in Les Miles? Auburn is 0-1 against Les Miles so don't go writing him off until you manage to beat him.

238695[/snapback]

Les Miles didn't beat AU in 2005, AU beat themselves. LSU got lucky that AU missed some field goals. AU should have won the game. AU should have been in Atlanta playing UGA instead of LSU getting stomped by the dogs. :poke:

word cotton!!!! hey bamajay, i like your sig, very well done!! as for prediction im not much for them, but i will say look for some magic from the tigers and the tide!!

AU should have been in Atlanta playing UGA instead of LSU getting stomped by the dogs. :poke:

238702[/snapback]

I will go on record and that I am glad LSU went instead of AU :big:

Les Miles can't help it that John Vaughn can't kick. He also can't help that Justin Britt can't get the snapcount down.

I learned everything I needed to know about Miles in the UT game. His genius was exposed as he did a magnificent job of "playing not to lose" before getting beat in OT. Oh yeah, wait, he gets a pass because of Katrina?

Les Miles can't help it that John Vaughn can't kick. He also can't help that Justin Britt can't get the snapcount down.

I learned everything I needed to know about Miles in the UT game. His genius was exposed as he did a magnificent job of "playing not to lose" before getting beat in OT. Oh yeah, wait, he gets a pass because of Katrina?

238720[/snapback]

I really liked Miles' coaching genius when he tried to call a timeout after LSU forced a turnover.

238720[/snapback]

I really liked Miles' coaching genius when he tried to call a timeout after LSU forced a turnover.

238732[/snapback]

LOL typical :corndog:

238624[/snapback]

238695[/snapback]

with Saban's players.... in a few years, Les will not be more.....he'll have three more years at LSU(perhaps a fourth), then Less will be NO MORE....

It's pretty amazing how you blame the :au: loss to :lsu: on missed field goals. Yet you forget to mention the 2 dropped Touchdown passes. One in the 4th quarter and One huge on in Overtime. In addition you fail to mention that our kicker missed one too. Missed field goals are pretty common in college, but the mental lapse of Early Doucet dropping the ball in the endzone in OT was pretty huge. Yet, none of you take that into account.

Anyway, looks like another great battle between LSU and AU for SEC West Supremacy.

Good Luck against Washington State. SEC needs to own the PAC-10 this year. Hopefully, we'll take care of Arizona.

Oh by the way, I'm not commenting on Miles coaching ability, but as far as recruiting goes, there is talk now that he could actually be a better recruiter than Saban. He Kept all the in-state talent he wanted (top 10) last year and picked up some nice recruits from Florida/Texas.

GEAUX :lsu:

but as far as recruiting goes, there is talk now that he could actually be a better recruiter than Saban.

Ya, that hasn't hit New Orleans yet

Oh, I'll say 10-2, just because 12-0 again would be unbelievable, and undefeated seasons seem to happen every decade or two.

Probably lose to USC (a game we should win) and LSU.... Sigh...but I hope we win em all....

:au::homer:

I just can't see a loss to the Cocks. It was obvious the difference in overall talent last year and unless some really weird things happen, we should handle them easily again this year. They had two wins last year that made people take notice but looking back now...was beating UT really that big of a deal? And UF??? See Tuscaloosa 2005 and that titanic clash they had with Vandy.

LSU will be a war strictly from the standpoint of two very talented teams going at it. Same with those nasty Dawgs from Athens. The Iron Bowl speaks for itself but I still give us the edge in overall talent. I ain't sayin' who we lose to but I see 11-1 right now in June. Ask me again come August when I start my Chicken Little routine and see us losing every game.

I'm not one for predicting the outcome of a season. I prefer to see us play each and every week and enjoy every game. Making predictions about Auburn is just not my thing. I do think we could be very very good. We have the talent and the depth in place to compete with anybody in the country. We have arguably the best staff in the SEC if not the country. Things are very bright in Auburn right now...

I just can't see a loss to the Cocks.  It was obvious the difference in overall talent last year and unless some really weird things happen, we should handle them easily again this year.

Couldn't agree more.

AU will beat down USC again because AU has what USC can't stop....a running game that can dominate.

USC has ZERO DL. Literally, they lack any depth at all and very little proven experience.

With that said, that same sucky DL will probably dominate UGA's OL come the USC/UGA game but that shouldn't surprise anyone.

I'm not one for predicting the outcome of a season.  I prefer to see us play each and every week and enjoy every game.  Making predictions about Auburn is just not my thing.  I do think we could  be very very good.  We have the talent and the depth in place to compete with anybody in the country.  We have arguably the best staff in the SEC if not the country.  Things are very bright in Auburn right now...

239111[/snapback]

This is how I feel about it. I just want to see the boys play and go and cheer for them either from my seat in the stadium or from my living room. I think it's important to note that I was 0-2 to games I went to last year. So I may be watching all my games from the living room this year.

Why is it that the Cock/Dawg game is always tough? UGA is heads and puppy dog tails above the cocks in talent. I always anticipate a rout in that one but it's usually a scrap.

By the way slink, I :hail: to your judgment. You and I went round and round last year when I swore Boise State would muzzle your mutts. Okay, that was my one time to be wrong in 2005. :big:

Archived