$3.00 per gallon gasoline, and climbing

Bottomfeeder

Will we see $4.00 per gallon gasoline soon?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Will we see $4.00 per gallon gasoline soon?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

Some experts are saying that we will see four dollar per gallon gasoline soon. What do you guys think?

I say why not, I'm ready for it? I know you guys are ready.

Some experts are saying that we will see four dollar per gallon gasoline soon. What do you guys think?

I say why not, I'm ready for it? I know you guys are ready.

247436[/snapback]

There might be some spikes in certain areas but I don't think it will hit and stay. Right now, oil is cheap in the real sense and there is an abundance of it. We have more oil right now inthe US than at any time in the last 8 years. Tankers are being turned around. We have nowhere to put it. Why the high prices you ask? Speculators. Tha folks that want to make money are pushing the price up. Why? Because if they don't, there will be billions of dollars by investors. How long can this last? Not sure. Shouldn't be much longer before the bottom drops out. When oil is just sitting around, the sellers tend to get nervous. They will start offering it at a lower price. I do think that Bush should open the resrves right now and let a lot of gas into the market. Ths will do more to knock the prices down than anything. But to get to $4 and stay there, that would have to qualify as price-fixing. Supply and demand should straighten this out. There is more supply than there is demand.

I hope your right b/c companies are taking a beating across the boards and there is only a matter of time before prices rise in other areas to offset the increased costs manufacturing companies are taking.

I totally believe the free market will straighten this out. Some are saying the fears concerning the Middle East are causing speculators to buy on the belief that an interruption in supply is on the horizon, in say, Saudi. But Saudi really doesn't have a monopoly on crude. Problems in Nigeria could cause a sharp rise, but like CCTAU said a hurricane would cause the same affect.

I read an article awhile back that said if consumers would not fill up, but instead buy $10-$20 worth that would increase supply substantially resulting in price reduction. What I have seen is a series of price hikes accompanied by new price floors. Then another ceiling established, i.e. news events and market action, with a small drop being the new floor. Almost like a bull market. What goes up must come down, eventually.

Really demand is driving the price hikes. Speculators see the weekly numbers come back that show...in spite of price hikes...we are using more gasoline than we did at the same time a year or 5 years ago.

No longer is the price of oil based on a potential crisis here or there...theyve jacked up the price for 3 years based on that. But it would usually go down. NOw they see that charging a ton isnt hurting demand...so it will keep going up until we absolutely slow down our consumption. Basically "screw em until they fight back...the back off a little". We have yet to hit the fight back point.

It doesn't seem to take much to cause a new spike in oil prices. Fear of hurricane season, unrest in the Middle East, fear of a hot summer, fear of a cold winter,ect. are all excuses we have heard to drive oil prices up. You can bet, when oil prices go up, within a few days, gas prices go up.

On the other hand, if crude prices take a dip,or when we hear that we have an overabundance of oil, we hear that it is not really supply that is causing the problem, it is refining capacity.

The way I see it, if there is a bottleneck at the refining stage, shouldn't the oil that is being refined now be oil that was purchased at the old, lower prices. A spike in the price of crude shouldn't immediately affect the price at the pump. It seems that in everything I have heard on this from the oil industry, they use whichever excuse is convenient.

Could someone explain this to me?

From what I have been told and read, the stations are supposed to charge what they last purchased, plus overhead and profit. That hasn't been the case at some places. You can see it. But for the most part, market forces dictate every price, but it's market manipulation by the big boys that have the most effect (think banks, think Goldman Sachs, think tax-free drug money). Once we grasp the concept that we are getting sc#### by the corporations/banks, the faster we can increase the demand for KY jelly, a non-petroleum product.

The corporation's that own the stations dictate the price. I have seen a Circle K raise the price one day, then have to lower it two days later because the other stations were much cheaper.

The big houses have everything to do with market manipulation. They have all of our money and control the markets. Our own government enables them to acquire those large sums of our money through the Federal Reserve (a private corporation) whose board members are banks, mainly the Federal Reserve Bank of NY. Our Federal Reserve chairman speaks at a dinner in Biloxi, MS and the market freak. In not so many terms the government controls the market.

When prices rise we pay more, the corporations profit and we are unable to participate. Other than that chump change dividend we have in our 401K. Of course the value of our 401K increases, but inflation eats up much of that.

The way to beat these guys not by trusting your money in the hands of professional money manager, instead learn the market, and learn to trade options. Do use your money until you are ready. Practice; get use to the cyclical nature of the market and start small. There are many software programs that allow you to learn how to trade options. Commodity futures and currency trades are both good moneymakers. The thing to remember in all cases is the market is manipulated by other people with a hell of a lot more money than us. So, once you get a feel for it, it will become second nature trading. Good Luck.

Sorry about the ramble.

I hold non US dollar dominated assets and outsmart the government, which isn't that damn hard. You should get to a point to where you know they are lying, and answer the question "What is the truth behind the lies?" By the time you been doing it about 4-5 years, your gut will react for and you'll find your niche. And try not to finance s#!^. Don't give the banks nothing', use a credit union instead if you have to borrow. Trash the credit cards. If you don't have the money for you don't need it. And try to buy America, where quality once mattered here in this country. I hit garages sales and find quality tools and stuff that was made here. It's called recycling. As for vehicles, never finance a new vehicle. Don't finance anything you can't pay off in 6 months. Another thing, SAVE Your Money. And one more thing, SAVE your money. Oh yea, SAVE your money!

Gas actually went down 2 cents from yesterday at a couple of QT stations here in ATL. I filled up on $2.91 per gallon yesterday, and today saw $2.89. Go figure.

We're paying about $2.78 here in Lower Alabama.

So there's 2 things good about living in L.A. ?

We're paying about $2.78 here in Lower Alabama.

So there's 2 things good about living in L.A. ?

248019[/snapback]

True:

All Liquidity Leads to Japan

By Sala Kannan

July 14, 2006

Celebrated contrarian investor, Marc Faber provides a unique way of looking at world stock markets. In his book, Tomorrow’s Gold , Faber asks the reader to imagine a large flat bowl perched on top of the earth. At its base, investors surround the bowl.

A continuous supply of fresh water (money) flows into the bowl from a huge tap controlled by the world’s central bankers. The bowl will lean whichever way the investors tilt it. If investors were bullish on America, they would tilt the bowl towards the U.S. and money will flow into American stocks and assets.

“In short, the direction of the overflow will depend on the bias of investors, which in turn can be manipulated by opinion leader, the media, analysts, strategists, politicians and economists.”

http://www.pennysleuth.com/SalaKannan.html

Archived