Brent Fullwood Help!

War Eagle 96

I know he was a great RB and he was known as the greates AU RB of all time, "not named BO," but can anyone else give statistics, awards, playing height, weight, years played, etc. My MIL is working on getting me an autograph.

After Bo moved on in 1985 people were concerned that we would have no running game in '86 but Fullwood proved those people wrong.

Thats what i've heard^^^ but I wasnt there to know

According to my research he is 6th in all-purpose yards with 2789. 6th in rushing yardage. His ypc. was 7.15 so he has the largest pards per carry average(min. of 300 attempts)

-6th in rushing touchdowns with 24

-7th in yards per game with 71.5

-in 1986 his 1391 yards for the season is 3rd all-time for most yards in a season

-8.33 ypc average in 1986

Brent did in a number of games what Tristan Davis did against UK, he could make everyone think he was untouchable when he got just a sliver of daylight. Why he didn't turn those flashes of brilliance into at least a mediocre NFL career, I don't know...

My mother in law is a 3rd grade teacher. She has his second child this year. A couple of years ago she had his first kid and never told me, because she had no idea who he was.

Brent is still running for the winning touchdown against Georgia from '86. Never stopped moving forward.

No, I do not hold a grudge for any amount of time...

I have the book," Through the Eyes of a Tiger," signed by Fullwood.

I was just about a year old when he was playing, but from what I hear, wasn't he a really small player who overachieved greatly?

I never really saw Brent practice. He was always on the side riding the bicycle, waiting for the game. But he always showed up for the game.

I have the book," Through the Eyes of a Tiger," signed by Fullwood.

I was just about a year old when he was playing, but from what I hear, wasn't he a really small player who overachieved greatly?

I think you are thinking of Lionel James the "little train". He played on Dye's first team I believe.

Fullwood was not a small kid. I think he was about like Carnell. He had great balance and fought hard for every yard he ran.

Brent happened to come into the AU program about ttwo years too soon. He was an all everything out of high school. A television announcer during Bo's senior year said AU had the greatest running back in the country in Bo and the 2nd greatest sitting on the bench in Brent Fullwood.

The immediately following paragraph is from Auburn's 2006 Football Media Guide [page 175]:

"A unanimous All-American and All-SEC selection in 1986, Brent Fullowiid rushed for 1391 yards on 167 carries [8.3 yds per carry] and scored ten touchdowns. His senior-season total was first in the SEC and the second-best single season total in Auburn history. His 8.3 yards per carry average led the nation in 1986 and placed him sixth on the Heisman Trophy ballot. Also during his senior year, Fullwood received the Wally Butts Memorial Award given to the best offensive back in the Southeast. He ended his career with 2,789 yards, fourth on the Auburn all-time rushing list. He went on to a short NFL career with the Green Bay Packers and the Cleveland Brown."

Fullwood was a work of art running the ball and as someone else pointed out had a spin move that was a thing of beauty ... he could turn like an egg beater. Had he not overlapped Bo's time at Auburn his name would have been further up in the record books and I believe he would have won the Heisman Trophy.

Archived