Finebaum's Shrinking Numbers

otterinbham

Okay, so I'm waiting in 280 traffic today in Birmingham. I idly flip on Finebaum and, sure enough, there is some interview with members of Bear Bryant's 1965 team. blah blah blah blah.

But guess what they had on the air immediately after the 5:00 break? Public service commercials. Not paid commercials, but 3 public service announcements in a row. During drive time. At the beginning of football season. When everybody should be clamoring for a spot on his show.

That tells me that either Paul has a terrible traffic manager for his spot placement, or he can't sell the inventory on his show. That would explain why he's running public service announcements during what should be the most valuable time segment of his show.

You have to think about this too...it may be the station. Unless it is the flagship station for the show, if Finebaum uses one, then it would be a Finebaum thing. But if it was a syndicated station, then those stations play alot of their own ads and play only a few of the PFRN ads.

You have to think about this too...it may be the station. Unless it is the flagship station for the show, if Finebaum uses one, then it would be a Finebaum thing. But if it was a syndicated station, then those stations play alot of their own ads and play only a few of the PFRN ads.

Nope, it's WERC, hit flagship station. And I've dealt with WERC for years. Those guys only run public service ads between 9 pm and 6 am unless they can't sell the inventory.

Nope, it's WERC, hit flagship station. And I've dealt with WERC for years. Those guys only run public service ads between 9 pm and 6 am unless they can't sell the inventory.

Then that answers that question. Maybe he will get canceled.

he is second to winches, the bimbo and the basturd on wjox in the bammerham area....he could have regained the lead if not for his tabloid bu11***t that he did this summer....he lost the AU folks that did listen with all of that

You edited the wrong part, tombigbeetiger. Please watch the language.

he is second to winches, the bimbo and the basturd on wjox in the bammerham area....he could have regained the lead if not for his tabloid bu11***t that he did this summer....he lost the AU folks that did listen with all of that

Forgive the ignorance...but what tabloid stuff???

Forgive the ignorance...but what tabloid stuff???

The NYT stuff and how he pumped it as credible even after it was proven to be mostly bs as far as the football program went. I use to listen to him everyday and I also use to get on to those that accused him of being a UAT homer because I thought at one time he bashed both schools equally. However, over the last couple of years as AU has increased in its success, PF has tried his best to tear AU down to satisfy his larger UAT fan base. I started losing more and more respect for him. Before the NYT stuff, I would still listen to him every now and then if I was in the car. The other sports talk available in the Huntsville/Decatur area has went down hill since Doug Franz left WUMP 730 and that station became a UAT homer station when it started carrying UAT athletics and producing its own UAT pre-game show. Now, I will not listen to him at all. I normally don't like to fight for no good reason, but I would really love to meet Shane face to face. I want to see if he would be that cocky in person.

man his show is so booring. half the time they dont even talk about sports...

and that interview today with the 40 year old bama team was booring as hell.

Was stuck in the car and had to listen to something. 2 minutes was all I could bear of "the 1966 team that didnt get to play for the national title just like Auburn in 2004." There are co-workers of mine that would tell you today that it never happened, that bama is far too respected to ever have been disrespected like that. One of them drives a truck with "17 National Titles" painted on it.

I hope to God I am never part of a group that stands around talking about stuff that happened 40 years ago day in and day out. Every once in a while that would be okay. But not every single day. PF did talk about the landslide of Bear books this year alone. In another thread I think I named 6-7 that have all just been released.

Just how many books do you need talking about the same events? How many of these cloned books do you have to buy to be a "diehard" bama fan?

Was stuck in the car and had to listen to something. 2 minutes was all I could bear of "the 1966 team that didnt get to play for the national title just like Auburn in 2004." There are co-workers of mine that would tell you today that it never happened, that bama is far too respected to ever have been disrespected like that. One of them drives a truck with "17 National Titles" painted on it.

I hope to God I am never part of a group that stands around talking about stuff that happened 40 years ago day in and day out. Every once in a while that would be okay. But not every single day. PF did talk about the landslide of Bear books this year alone. In another thread I think I named 6-7 that have all just been released.

Just how many books do you need talking about the same events? How many of these cloned books do you have to buy to be a "diehard" bama fan?

There's always going to be people looking for buck. They know Bama has a massive fanbase and they're always going to be clowns trying to market to us.

It's not only in books either. See Daniel Moore's painting of Croyle in the Cotton Bowl. Not only was it his 175th painting of the season, but it wasn't even a good shot. The ones of Prothro and Harper were good prints, but the TTU one took it a little bit overboard.

There's always going to be people looking for buck. They know Bama has a massive fanbase and they're always going to be clowns trying to market to us.

It's not only in books either. See Daniel Moore's painting of Croyle in the Cotton Bowl. Not only was it his 175th painting of the season, but it wasn't even a good shot. The ones of Prothro and Harper were good prints, but the TTU one took it a little bit overboard.

We agree then. The do anything for a buck crowd can only do what we with the bucks let them get away with though.

We agree then. The do anything for a buck crowd can only do what we with the bucks let them get away with though.

True. And that's why I don't give them my buck. ;)

While i agree there are too many people writing bama books right now...the 66 season book is a special one.

Its more than football really. Its a look into the social/political climate at the time. Especially in the south. And how the civil rights movement had an effect not only on politics, but college football.

While i agree there are too many people writing bama books right now...the 66 season book is a special one.

Its more than football really. Its a look into the social/political climate at the time. Especially in the south. And how the civil rights movement had an effect not only on politics, but college football.

If it is written from that perspective it may well be interesting.

Sani...from what i understand the book is much more a social/political commentary than it is an alabama football book.

But what happened to the 66 team just fit perfectly with what was going on in the 60s.

Sani...from what i understand the book is much more a social/political commentary than it is an alabama football book.

But what happened to the 66 team just fit perfectly with what was going on in the 60s.

Got to agree with BG on this one. There is no way a team from the south during that period in time was going to win three in a row. Not even the mighty Tahd.

He's definitely going down the tubes and fast. I listen to him fairly regularly for a good laugh. The majority of his show isn't even about sports anymore. There is nothing new to the show.

"The Big Time" with Herb, Kelly and Smellick from 3-5 is by far much better if you want good sports talk. Duanaway and Brown are pretty good too from 1-3 on Jox. There all pretty much Bammer Homers but at least they talk about sports.

Down on the coast, there is really nothing else to listen to. You got the Tide and Tiger Report, but Scott Hunter makes me want to :puke: . I listen to Finebaum every day on the ride home, I agree his show has very little substance, it's become a show about B'ham politics, and a show just about the callers, Shane, Bobby, Jim, Rod, I-man, Milo, Mariner, Michael, and Katherine (she left, but came back). Bobby - do you post here under another name?

Alright, I have two questions concerning callers. First, what ever happened to Phyllis? Were there some health problems or something like that?

Second, can anyone who listens to John and Barry in the morning out of Montgomery, tell me if long time caller, "Rusty" is the same as I-man from Finedong. I was passing through Montgomery the other day and heard the show and thought, Oh great, this idiot I-man calls them too. But then they called him Rusty several times. If they're not the same, then there are 2 idiots walking around that should not be allowed outside their homes.

Get Sirius and listen to Ch120. Listening to Finebaum kills brain cells.

This is your brain on PF:

Frag36_Fried%20eggs.jpg

Ain't that the damn truth about :puke: PF! He has truly become a joke! I used to listen to him on my computer at work and when he pulled that crap against AU, I quit listening!

I primarily listen to Rivals on Sirius 123 in the morn starting about June. I flip between Stern and the Rivals program, and then listen to various other sports programs on Sirius in the afternoon. I wish Sirius had one channel dedicated to College Football year round, 24-7 (unless they use the channel to air a football, hockey, or whatever telecast). That would be nice! :au:

Archived